A formal letter to a friend is what you write…
A formal letter to a friend is what you write when you want to tell them something personal. What better way to show how much you appreciate your friend than to learn how to write a letter to them?
Steps to writing a formal letter to a friend
The best thing about sending letters is that your friend can keep them as reminders of your friendship. So that years from now, they can look back at these letters and remember how good it was to be friends with you.
Even though writing letters is an excellent way to show your gratitude, it can be hard to put your feelings into words.
This post will teach you how to write a letter to your best friend and give you five great ideas on what to write.
Step 1: Write down your ideas
Plan out your sletter before you start writing it. During this planning phase, you should think of some questions to ask your friend. You could think about what you want to do with them in the future, what you like about them, and how they are feeling. Plan out your letter’s ideas and structure on scrap paper.
Once you’ve decided what to say in your letter, you can write a rough outline of it on scrap paper. In your outline, you could write down some questions to ask, some information about yourself, and any other unique words or phrases you want to use.
Step 2: Choose your stationery carefully
Add some cool stationery to your letter to make it more interesting. By “stationary,” we mean the paper on which you will write your letter, the envelope, and the writing tools.
Will you use bright gel pens or a stylish fountain pen? So what about your letter paper? Does your friend like a writing paper with flowers or a more anime or cartoon-style design?
Knowing your best friend is the key to picking good stationery. No matter what they like, try to include it in the choice of stationary.
If the paper you want to write on doesn’t have lines, you should put a piece of lined paper on it. This will ensure that your sentences are straight on the page without lines and don’t jump around.
Step 3: Begin by saying “hello”
Start by writing your friend a greeting. When writing a formal letter, you begin with “Dear.” Since this is a formal letter to your friend, you should start with “Dear (name).
Step 4: Why are you writing?
Write the letter’s body. This is where things get scary. The part where everyone is having trouble. To make this step easier, keep reading to see how to plan out your letter on a separate piece of paper.
You can make the body of your letter as short or long as you want. Sometimes you may have a lot to say, and your letter maybe two or three pages long. Sometimes, just one or two short paragraphs will be enough to show your gratitude.
Step 5: Finish your letter
This person is your best friend, so don’t leave them hanging. If you haven’t seen them in a while, tell them how much you missed them. Ask them if they want to meet up somewhere or talk over the phone. You should also tell them that you’re looking forward to talking to them soon or catching up.
After you’ve written your final lines, now is the time to sign off on your letter. Since it’s a formal letter to your friend, you could say “Sincerely” or “Best Regards.”
If you forgot to mention something in the letter’s body, you could add “P.S.” after your signature. This lets you write a short note at the bottom of the letter.
Step 6: Decorate your letter
You can use whatever you want to decorate your letter. Think about your best friend’s personality, interests, and the occasion when you decide how to decorate your letter.
Use stickers, stamps, doodles, and glitter or sparkles. Make your letter look fun and exciting. This will make your best friend want to read it. Don’t forget to decorate the envelope, too!
Top 3 writing ideas for a letter to a friend
When you’re looking at a blank page, it can be hard to think of what to say to your best friend and how to write down how you feel. Here are three ideas on what to write in a letter to your friend.
- Something they always say, like a phrase or word that everyone knows.
- Think of a hard time you both went through
- Do you have some good or bad news to tell?
To Wrap Up
Writing a letter to a friend is like a formal letter of recommendation. It is a medium where you can express your thoughts and feelings towards the person you are writing to.
It’s an absorbing yet reflective process suited for both personal and formal settings. Writing a letter is a quick and easy way to strengthen your relationship with a friend.
Frequently asked questions
What is formal letter and example?
A formal letter should include the address of the sender, date, receiver’s address, subject, salutation, body of the letter, complementary closing, and finally, the signature with name (in block letters) and designation.
How do I write about a friend?
- I have never been fortunate enough to meet one of your kindest people.
- You do a great job listening to me.
- I would do anything for them.
- I am inspired by your strength.
- It’s the best laugh.
- My favorite person will always be you.
What is the best opening sentence for a letter?
- I am interested in reading your advertisement in..
- After receiving your address from.., I..
- We/I just wrote to you about..
- In reference to your letter from 8 June, I..
- Write about
- You are in my email address and I would like to..
How do you start a formal letter?
A formal letter usually starts with a letter named Dear before the name of the person you are writing to. There are two options: first name and surname, or title and sur name. Please note that when you do not know the name of the person you are writing to, you must use the letter Dear Sir or Madam.
How do you start a letter to someone you don’t know?
The Alternatives – How to Address a Letter When You Do Not Know Who Will Read It. How do you respond to someone without knowing their name? The answer used to be, “To Whom It May Concern.”.
What to say to your best friend to make her cry?
- You are my best friend.
- Your friendship was a great asset to me.
- I love you with all my heart.
- I have never been friends with you.
- Your wonderful qualities cannot begin to adequately describe me.
- You are my best friend.
- It means more to me than you will ever know your friendship.
How can I write a letter to my best friend?
- Write down some ideas in step 1.
- You need to select your stationery.
- Greetings step 3
- Write the body of the letter.
- The closing lines: Step 5.
- Create your letter in step 6.
- It is optional to add attachments in step 7.
- I want you to put the letter in an envelope in step 8.
How do you start the first paragraph of a formal letter?
Firstly, the letter should begin by introducing its purpose. It’s common to ask someone to thank you or introduce yourself first. Dear Mr.
How can I write a personal letter to my friend in English?
- Use nice stationery. Your friend will feel extra special with pretty stationery.
- Date the letter. It’s important to date your letter, especially if you’re sending it abroad, so your friend knows when you wrote it.
- Write the letter
- Decorate the letter and add some goodies.
How do you write a meaningful letter?
- Please don’t delay writing about anything special, entertaining, or touching that happened recently.
- Do not forget to write about memorable or significant events in your past and the lessons you have learned.
- Keep your readers in mind when describing your interests or hobbies.
What words do you use in a formal letter?
|Just wanted to let you know…||I am writing to inform you…|
|Love,||Yours sincerely, Yours faithfully,|
|Yours Truly, Best regards, kind regards|
What can I write to my friend?
- You have one of the strongest people I know.
- Life is amazing to you.
- Today, you look good.
- You are the most perfect person there is.
- You are enough
- It just lights up the room.
- I know you are much funnier than anyone, including bubble wrap.
- It is your best smile.
How do you start a letter to a friend without dear?
It is possible to begin a formal letter without Dear, but with a title such as Honorable Judge Dickenson. You may use To Whom It May Concern or, To Respected Madam/Sir, but these are not encouraged.
How do I write a good letter?
- Know your reader
- Make sure you choose the right format.
- Be concise
- Keep it short
- Message to the reader.
- An academic recommendation letter.
- A letter of congratulations is an example.
How do you write a formal letter to a friend?
- Step 1: Date and address. In formal letters, we only include the address of the sender in the letter.
- Salute step 2
- Into Step 3: Find some Pleasantries.
- The Body of the Letter, Step 4.
- Step 5: The End of the Letter.