Grammar and grammer are common interchanged words in writing. They are homophones but cannot be used as synonyms for each other. Often, grammer is a misspelling of the word ‘grammar.’ This article will guide you on the appropriate word to use in different contexts – grammar or grammer.
INK will make sure your text is free of grammar mistakes
Grammar or Grammer: The Difference
Grammar is the art of using language well; based on the structure of sound and writing. Grammar refers to the entire system and construction of a language. It can mean how words are formed, and the method used to study these forms. In this sense, grammar is translated as “rules of language.”
On the other hand, Grammer can only be used as a proper noun. It could mean the name of a city or a person. For example, Grammer is the name of a small community in Indiana, USA.
Grammar and Grammer Use in Sentences
The sentences below demonstrate the correct use of the word ‘grammar.’
- Vocabulary and proper grammar are essential.
- The grammar guide helped me get better at speaking proper English.
- My grammar classes hold every Tuesday afternoon.
- I misplaced my grammar book yesterday.
- My brother attends Bright Grammar School.
- Joshua made many grammatical mistakes in his essay.
- It is essential to learn the rules of grammar to craft meaningful sentences.
- Jerry has a good grasp of grammar but is weak in spelling.
- Mary’s husband is a Grammar teacher at my sister’s school.
Using the word ‘Grammer‘ in the context below is appropriate.
- Kelsey Grammer is my favorite actor.
- My school is going on an excursion to Grammer, Indiana.
- Mr. Grammer bought a house in Atlanta.
To Wrap Up
Grammar is a system of rules and patterns for speaking or writing. While grammer is used only as a proper noun, for example, the name of a person or place.
Most often, grammar is misspelled as grammer, leading to a grammatically incorrect sentence. It is essential to note the difference and use them correctly. This article has provided tips to guide you.
Explore All Grammar Checker Articles
How to Write Great Dialogue That Your Readers Will Love
As a writer, there are times you’ll have to write dialogue in your essays or fiction. In such a case,…
Grammar Tips for Writers — Writing Compelling Content
Having a talent for writing, whether it’s writing academic essays or writing fiction is great. Talent will only take you…
Bad Grammar: Confusing Common Grammatical Errors to Prevent
As a writer, you can’t avoid errors due to bad grammar. However, making mistakes doesn’t make you a bad writer. INK…
Possessives: boss’ or boss’s grammar
Boss’ or boss’s has been a topic of debate for a very long time. Schools typically teach that words ending…
“Were” Vs “Was”: Correct Use And Examples
Have you ever wondered which word fits into a sentence — were or was? You’re not alone. INK will make…
How to Improve Your Grammar By Speaking
Grammar can be confusing for many students learning English. Correct grammar is important to both your writing and speaking. INK…