You might find phrases of exclamation useful when trying to…
You might find phrases of exclamation useful when trying to convey high emotions in any kind of text. Strong statements like “I am angry!” or “Go away!” are examples of these.
The English language offers us a fun list of expressions to convey what we feel. These common reactions can be used whether in-person or in any form of writing. You may use these to make the person you’re addressing know that you’re trying to express a certain feeling.
Just a friendly reminder, don’t use a curse word as much as possible. The expressions we’ll be talking about through this article can serve as your alternative to such derogatory words. If you’re in need of means to convey your feelings, the English grammar has some tirades ready for you.
Use these expressions as a manner to point out your frustration. You may also use them to ask for help or to surprise someone. Also, you can use these as a part of a sentence you’re writing.
By reading this article, you will learn various exclamatory expressions.
Phrases of Exclamation: a Comprehensive List
If you wish to use interjections to convey your emotions, you might find these expressions. There are moments when you need to let people know about your reaction about things — with corresponding exclamation point!
The English grammar is reach with these tirades. Think about what you feel first and express them in a way you can leave a mark to the person you’re talking to. I am not talking about traumatizing them, but informing them of what you feel.
Word per word, however, you should be careful. Manage to refrain from using derogatory words and sentences that might offend the person you’re addressing.
If you wish to write someone a letter to inform them of your feelings, you can also use these expressions.
I have no questions about your obvious insensitivity!
Come here, now!
Don’t dare to question your mother!
Mark my words!
I don’t like what you did!
Read the list below for more expressions:
Expressions of pain — Ow, ouch
- Ow! I got bitten by the spider.
- Ouch! That hurts.
Expressions of Disgust/ Annoyance— Boo, ew, yuck, ugh, shoot, whoops, rats, drat, gadzooks
- Boo! We hate you.
- Is that a rat? Ew!
- I just saw a dog poo near the pavement, ugh!
- Shoot! I dropped my phone in the toilet.
- Whoops! Don’t step on the mud.
- Rats! I hate this.
- Drat! How disgusting.
- Gadzooks! What is that?
For Expressions of Surprise— Gosh, goodness, zoinks, geez, holy smokes
- Gosh! I didn’t expect this to happen.
- For goodness’ sake! What is this?
- Zoinks! It’s your birthday.
- Geez! You didn’t have to do that for me.
- Holy smokes! You scared me to death.
Expressions of Happiness — Yay, yippee
- Yay! I got accepted at the University.
- Yippee! I’ll go to Disney World next week.
For Expressions of Congratulations — Cheers, congratulations
- Cheers to the best employee ever!
- Congratulations, Brother!
Expressions of Sympathy— Oh well, oh no, geez
- Oh, well! I guess life is really like that.
- Oh, no! I feel bad for you.
- Geez! That’s a handful.
For Expressions of Fear— Eek, yikes, dang
- Eek! A ghost!
- Yikes! Is that a dog?
- Dang! It’s mathematics.
Expression of Discovery — eureka
- Eureka! I found a new element.
For Expression of Disagreement — gee whizz
- Gee, whizz! I don’t think that will work.
Emoticons through Acronyms
- LOL- Laugh out Loud
- LOL, I find that meme funny.
- OMG- Oh my God
- OMG, he fell to the ground!
- WTH- What the Hell/ Heck
- WTH are you doing here?!
To Wrap Up
These are just some of the expressions you can consider using in a variety of emotions. That’s why the definition of an exclamation point is a symbol that you write which signals high emotion. Make sure to include this punctuation in a sentence you wish to express your anger or frustration with.
Frequently asked questions
What are exclamatory expressions?
Exclamatory Expressions – a vocal or other exclamatory sound used to express surprise, anger, pleasure, or some other emotion or feeling.
How do you use exclamation in a sentence?
Exclamation marks mark different feelings when you say something, such as anger, surprise, joy, sorrow, etc. Besides that, the writers can also use exclamation marks in sentence fragments, sudden interjections, etc. The match was won, for example, “Hurrah!
What are 20 examples of imperative sentences?
- That new movie will make us happy next week!
- Please go faster
- Take off your jacket.
- I would appreciate it if you could pass the salt.
- Could you please open the door? I don’t have the chance.
- You need to be careful on that hill, there is plenty of ice there.
- If you’re hot, open the window.
How can I exclaim in English?
“Nonsense!” he exclaimed in disgust. After hearing the news, she exclaimed in delight. She suddenly exclaimed, “You can’t do that!”. Someone in the audience exclaimed, “He’s too old to play Romeo!””.
What are 10 imperative examples?
- Give me a pencil and a pen.
- Give me a glass of water.
- Don’t get excited about anything without reason.
- Remember me when we’re separated.
- The phone won’t ever touch me.
- Don’t forget the person who loves you.
- Don’t move. Take a step.
- Bring your courage and intensity to play.
What are 4 sentences?
Useful sentence (statement) Interrogative sentence (question) Imperative sentence(command) Exclamative sentence.
What are 10 examples of exclamatory?
- It’s a boy!
- I’m going to get hit hard with this puzzle!
- The place I will miss is so special!
- We won!
- My life was stolen by you!
- It was meant to be yesterday!
- You’re adorable!
What do 3 exclamation marks mean in a text?
It’s usually just used in text messages (for extra emphasis), not fiction books. This would not bother me. Give them an angry/sock/surprise/admiration description if you want to gain more attention. However, it is sometimes used in comic books. There is a possibility that it means exclamation x3.
How do you explain an exclamation mark to a child?
What are five exclamatory sentences?
Happy birthday, Amy! Thank you so much, Shaleen! I hate you! I love ice cream sundaes!
What are 10 examples of assertive sentence?
- A class was packed with pupils.
- Her younger brother mimics animal sounds.
- It started to rain.
- Since the sun rises in the east, it is in the northeast.
- She enjoys writing about birds chirping in her free time.
- Crowds are a concern to her.
- Honesty is best policy.
What is an exclamation for grade 2?
There is a strong sense of surprise in an exclamation.
What are the examples of exclamation?
- You have a baby, Jessica told me.
- Will’s dad said, “You are in trouble!”.
- I love that dress!
- Help! I have locked myself out of my house.
- Currently, I am watching my favorite movie.
- You’ll marry me, yes!
- That’s amazing
What is a good exclamation?
To exaggerate displeasure – Boo, yuck, ugh, shoot, whoops, rats. To express surprise, I say,..gosh. I’m glad to express my pleasure. Congratulations and cheers. To express my sorry. Oh no, no.
What are 20 examples of exclamatory sentence?
- We won!
- You should be a joker!
- Congratulations on having a beautiful girl.
- My condolences go out to you for your loss!
- I felt afraid!
- You’re so romantic!
- You’re here in Los Angeles, I can’t believe it.
- No, he is gone.