Retirement marks the end of one chapter in life and the beginning of another. After all the hard work for many years, it is time to celebrate the freedom that comes with this new phase of life. It’s goodbye to office hours and hello to traveling the world, relaxing, and exploring everything you have always wanted to do. Retirement is truly a beautiful time! If you have anyone retiring, sending them beautiful retirement quotes is a way of celebrating them. It will show how much you value their years of service.
Your retirement quote should capture all your emotions and wishes for the retiree. It will inspire and encourage them as they embark on their new journey. Whether you’re looking for something funny or inspirational, we’ve got a quote for you. Stick around as we explore some beautiful retirement quotes.
Funny Retirement Quotes
- “Retirement is when you return from work one day and say, ‘Hi, Honey, I’m home – forever.'” – Gene Perret.
- “I’m retiring now. It’s time to put the pipe and slippers on and spend more time with my Pez dispenser collection.” – Anonymous.
- “Retirement at sixty-five is ridiculous. When I was sixty-five I still had pimples.” – George Burns.
- “The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off.” – Abe Lemons.
- “It’s not that some people have willpower and some don’t. It’s that some people are ready to change and others are not.” – James Gordon.
- “I always encourage people to try something new for their retirement years. All too soon it will be over!” – Donald Miller.
- “Retirement: World’s longest coffee break!” – Unknown.
- “I plan to take it easy in retirement; there’s nothing left to accomplish anyways!” – John Smith.
- “Retirement means no pressure, no stress, no heartache…unless you play golf!” – Gene Perret.
- “A retirement filled with fun and laughter is the best revenge for all those years on the job!” – Unknown.
- “When I retire I’m going to get myself a fishing rod, find a nice quiet river, and then never leave!” -Bryce Courtenay.
- “I finally retired from my career, which means I can now choose how I spend eternity—napping or knitting?” – John Waters.
- “In retirement, every day is a Saturday — except Sunday.” – Roger Priddy.
- “Sitting on the beach does nothing for the soul if there’s no work to return to.” -Mokokoma Mokhonoana.
- “Retirement brings its own unique set of worries—wondering what to do with all that free time.” -Cathy Webster
Inspirational Retirement Quotes
- “Retirement is the time to reflect on a well-lived life and move forward with courage and determination.” -Anonymous.
- “The secret of joy in work is in one word – excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it.” -Pearl S. Buck.
- “A retired life should be lived with enthusiasm, adventure, and exploration while embracing new experiences and perspectives.” -Cynthia Kersey.
- “Retirement brings a unique opportunity to explore creative interests, tackle challenging projects, and break away from routine everyday tasks.” -Lori B. Robinson.
- “Don’t view retirement as an ending, but rather the start of a joyful new chapter that could bring fulfillment, pleasure, and contentment.” -Ralph Marston.
- “Take retirement as a chance to indulge in hobbies or activities which didn’t fit into your regular schedule before.” -Nina Lebowitz.
- “Retirement should be seen as a launchpad for creating a meaningful lifestyle filled with gratifying experiences.” -Doree Leigh.
- “Retirement is not an end, but a new beginning –a chance to explore fresh horizons and savor life’s sweetest moments.” -Anonymous.
- “It’s never too late to live the life you’ve always dreamed of. Retirement can offer time to turn dreams into reality.” -Sandra Bullock.
- “You are only as old as your enthusiasm for new experiences. Go out and take on the world with all your heart!”-Biz Stone.
- “I have never met a truly happy retiree who wasn’t actively involved in something bigger than themselves. Find something meaningful and jump right in!”-John C Maxwell.
- “Your retirement years should be enjoyable, not worry and stress. Take charge of your future now, while there’s still plenty of time.”-Nina Radcliff.
- “No matter what age you decide to retire, don’t forget the satisfaction of accomplishing something great daily. Embrace your journey and make every moment count.”-Kris Boesch
Beautiful Retirement Quotes for a Retiring Friend
- Retirement is the perfect opportunity to follow your dreams and explore new horizons. Farewell to work, and hello to life’s adventures!
- Dance like nobody’s watching, my friend. It is time for you to enjoy a well-earned retirement.
- Congratulations on retiring! May your days be joyful, filled with laughter, and contentment.
- A lifetime of hard work has earned you this freedom. Savor every moment of it, my dear friend.
- Welcome to your post-work existence. It’s full of leisurely pursuits, rejuvenation, and relaxation.
- Wish you all the best in the next chapter of your life, where you can live unburdened by deadlines and obligations.
- Fond memories of work stay behind as you embark on a new journey of exploration, creativity, and self-discovery during retirement.
- Farewell to professional life! Congratulations on this new chapter of your retirement; may it be joyful, peaceful, and exciting.
- Wishing you a long and luxurious retirement full of newfound freedoms and opportunities!
- Congratulations as you begin your journey into retirement! Here’s to all the adventures that await!
- Pursuing all those dreams of yours, for now, is the time. Congratulations on your retirement!
- Wishing for every day of your retirement to be delightful, rewarding, and blissful!
- With your retirement journey comes newfound opportunities for exploration. Take full advantage of these possibilities and enjoy every moment to its fullest.
- This is just the beginning of many exciting adventures ahead. May each day bring you greater satisfaction than the last!
- Retirement is an opportunity to reflect on past successes and imagine future possibilities! Cherish the moments ahead with optimism and hope.
- Wishing you a great retirement filled with relaxation, adventure, laughter, and, most importantly, peace of mind.
- As you start this exciting new chapter in life, many joys come to you from every corner of life.
Retirement Quotes from Employee
- Congratulations on your retirement! May you enjoy countless hours of relaxation and indulgence in the blissful things life offers.
- As you embark upon this new chapter, we wish you all the best for a prosperous future filled with health and joy.
- All of us here at [Company] want to thank you for your invaluable contributions and years of dedication toward our mission. We are proud to have had such an exceptional colleague like you be part of our team.
- As you step away from the workplace, take comfort in knowing that your hard work and commitment have not gone unnoticed or unappreciated.
- Enjoy the fruits of your labor with peacefulness, optimism, and contentment.
- Here’s wishing you good luck as you move onto the next phase of your life. May it bring you fulfillment and joy beyond compare!
- Retirement is a milestone worth celebrating. Cheers to you and your achievements!
- Your expertise, professionalism, and enthusiasm have been instrumental in helping shape [Company]’s success over the years. You will be missed but fondly remembered as one of our most dedicated employees.
- Congratulations on your retirement. We are truly impressed by your dedication and diligence throughout your career here at our company.
- Here’s wishing a fabulous farewell to a great colleague who will be greatly missed. Have a joyful retirement!
- We wish you a smooth journey as you enter this carefree stage of life. May it bring with it days full of sunshine and good cheer.
- All of us appreciate the skill and commitment you brought to work each day. You’ll be remembered fondly as you transition into Retirement.
- Congrats on reaching this long-awaited milestone! It’s been an honor to share these years, and you leave behind an admirable legacy for others.
Retirement seems like an ending, but not really – it’s the start of a new journey. With that said, it is vital to have some well-thought-out goals while planning for this transition in life.
If your friend or colleague is retiring, you should congratulate them! The most important thing is for the retiree to have fun and enjoy this new phase of their life.
The quotes above will help you express your deepest wishes, making the retiree feel excited and optimistic.
Abir is a data analyst and researcher. Among her interests are artificial intelligence, machine learning, and natural language processing. As a humanitarian and educator, she actively supports women in tech and promotes diversity.
Explore All Write Retirement Message Articles
Retirement is a momentous milestone that comes with much anticipation but also some trepidation. After dedicating years of service to…
Writing a happy retirement message to dad is never an easy task. With years of hard work, dedication, and love,…
Saying goodbye to the workplace and beloved colleague or friend can be both exciting and heartbreaking. As we bid farewell,…
For those looking for meaningful retirement wishes, look no further than the Bible. With its plethora of life-affirming messages, it…
Want to wish someone a joyous retirement, but you don’t know where to start? Don’t worry! We’ve got some expert…
Retirement is a momentous milestone. And it deserves to be celebrated in a big way. Don’t just send the usual…