Whether you’re writing a blog or a feature article, you…
Whether you’re writing a blog or a feature article, you NEED a good title. With a good title, you can help your article attract more readers and start with a bang! But how do you go about creating your title? This article has listed some helpful writing tips for you, along with a great title example.
Titles are some of the most complex parts of an article to write, which is ironic because it’s just a few words long. This is because we want our titles to be attention-grabbing, and more importantly, we want them to entice the reader to keep reading.
Let’s dig into how you can accomplish this with your title.
The Importance of a Good Title
Titles are essential for several reasons. To start with, they are instrumental in helping people see if the article contains the information they need. If you are looking for tips on writing a book review, you’ll go to articles with titles related to that subject.
An article title also plays a role in Search Engine Optimization. This refers to how well the title shows up in search results when someone performs a search for the same or a similar topic. With an optimized title, your article can be more discoverable and get more readers.
Tips for Creating a Good Title With Title Example
Get to Know Your Audience
You should think about who is reading your content and which titles are most likely to be interesting for them. To appropriately target your audience, you must know your audience before you begin determining any aspect of your content.
If you want to target a highly technical niche audience, use more specialized terms in your title. But if you want to appeal to a more general audience, it’s best to keep your titles simple and easily understandable.
Keep It Concise and Catchy.
A short title is a good title. With a short title, readers can quickly grasp what the article is about. This is especially important in today’s fast-paced world.
Let’s face it; nobody has the time to read lengthy articles, much less for lengthy titles. An overly long title can make your readers less interested in your content. The ideal title length for blogs is only about 60 characters.
Optimize Your Title
Optimizing your title means choosing the right keywords relevant to your article’s message. This will help get the word out about your article and better position it for keyword search. The easier your article can be found, the more potential readers you can attract.
Make It Relevant to the Rest of Your Content.
Your article should effectively summarize what your article is all about. This will help readers decide if they should proceed with reading your article or not. The title should be written in a way that communicates what you covered.
Types of Titles With Title Example
- Direct headlines: A direct headline is very straightforward and states the purpose of the content.
15 Famous Quotes To Motivate You
Top 5 Reasons To Start Exercising
- Indirect headlines: Compared to direct headlines, this is longer. It generates curiosity by not fully stating what the article is about.
How You Can Easily Change Your Life
The restaurant that floated in 2020
- News headlines: A news headline states a piece of the new story. It highlights the most critical details. They are commonly used for company announcements and recent news releases.
Company CEO Announces Early Retirement
The Police Office Tightens Security for Schools
- How-to headlines: These are popular headlines for blogs. It states what the article can teach the reader.
How to Make a Good Speech
A Guide to Using Film Cameras
- Question headlines: Asking a question in your title piques the readers’ interest. It compels them to read the entire article to know the answer.
Should Your Be Worried about Daily Migraines?
How Safe are Your Children in School?
- Command headlines: These headlines tell people what to do or what the article can teach them. It often uses a strong action verb.
Write a Great Title With These Effective Tips
Simplify Your Life With These Organization Techniques
- Reason-why headlines: A reason why headline tells the reader why certain situations or events happen. It’s usually written in a list format.
5 Main Causes Why You Can’t Sleep at Night
The Real Reason Why You’re Anxious
To Wrap Up
Writing a good title is essential because it can drastically change the way people receive your article. It’s your article’s first impression on a reader, so you should make it count.
There are many ways to write a good title example. Follow the writing tips listed in this article and get some inspiration from a title example. You should have everything you need to write an excellent title for your next piece!