Food wastage is a global issue but is not limited to the developed world. It is estimated that at least a third of the food produced worldwide is never consumed.
It is mainly due to various factors, such as
- Population growth
- Unequal distribution of food consumption
- Changes in food habits and consumption patterns, such as increased consumption of processed food.
FAO was established in 1945, and its primary purpose was to raise awareness about the growing hunger problem and the fact that many individuals worldwide waste food.
It was also obligated to ensure that farmers and food supply networks are treated equally and fairly. With equity and fairness, making food and getting it to people who need it would be easier. What has been the change so far?
We have curated a list of slogans, quotes, and wishes to inspire you in your support of non-wastage of food. Here’s what we have for you!
Quotes on Wastage of Food
The mantra of World Food Day is “Think. Eat. Save”. It is essential to not only think about where your food is coming from and ways to lessen the effects of food waste.
But it is more important to eat less and to help find ways to reduce the effects of food waste in society. Here are our all-time favorite quotes on food wastage.
- “Food is our common ground, a universal experience.”- James Beard
- “Good bread is the most fundamentally satisfying of all foods; good bread with fresh butter, the greatest of feasts!” – James Beard
- “Large, naked, raw carrots are acceptable as food only to those who live in hutches eagerly awaiting Easter.” – Fran Lebowitz
- “After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relations.” ― Oscar Wilde
Slogans on Wastage of Food
It is imperative to choose slogans that are valid for farmers but also meaningful for those not engaged in agriculture.
“Think globally, eat locally” sounds very generic. “Eat less, waste less” does not have much relevance to the average consumer in Western societies. Here are some slogans
- “Don’t lose food to lose a few pounds.”
- “Your full plate could be useful if it filled someone else’s stomach too.”
- “The richest is the one who has three meals a day.”
- “Save food, save animals and save humans dying of hunger.”
Wishes on Wastage of Food
There are so many reasons why we should reduce food wastage worldwide.
Whether it be a barbecue for a special party, a holiday meal, or just an ordinary day, reducing food wastage can help save money. It can also prevent the environment from turning into plastic bottles and wrappers.
If everyone reduced food waste, the amount of food that could reach the poor would be endless. Here are some wishes for your consideration.
- “May we be successful in fighting against hunger and ensuring people get safe, clean and affordable food.”
- “Take a pledge to cook nicely, eat wisely and cut down the wastage of food.”
- “If you are able to feed one person a day, you give him a hope to live and earn for that food every day.”
To Wrap Up
The total wastage of food is a worldwide issue, and it’s tough to take in from top to bottom. Sometimes you feel helpless, and this inability to cause change can hurt your mental health beyond sadness.
Try using catchier slogans, wishes, and quotes on food wastage to shift these sentiments. See it as a way to make your world feel a bit better. After all, what do you have to lose?
Explore All Motto Generator Articles
Life won’t always be all sunshine and good times. We could all use a little bit of inspiration every now…
You’ve come to the correct spot if you’re beginning a tea business and are seeking for a memorable tea slogan…
To seem nice and professional, every home and workplace has to be painted. Because these structures may return to life…
Are you looking for a memorable greeting or phrase for your gift shop? It’s not just you. However, like many…
One of the most significant members of society is the doctor. They are the only ones responsible for our society’s…