A tagline is one of the most important ideas to…
A tagline is one of the most important ideas to consider if you want your website to gain traffic or engage with people. A tagline is an attention-grabbing term that helps in generating curiosity, and curiosity eventually leads to your site. Simply put, it’s a brief and memorable tagline that subtly helps promote your website or a concept. When it comes to the niche of the website, you have a wide variety of tags. This article explains the importance of a tagline for a website, along with examples.
What Is a Website Tagline?
A website tagline is the first sentence of your homepage. A tagline is a concise phrase that concisely expresses the branding message of a website and is used in advertising campaigns.
Your website reflects your business identity, and your tagline is an opportunity to capture the essence of your company.
A website tagline can be as simple as “The Internet’s Third Brain” or “Learn How to Code With Us.” Your website is your business’s first touch point with your target market. Make sure to get the tone and focus on the target market your website is targeting.
Why Is a Tagline for a Website Important?
We can see many websites every day, and we may or may not notice them all. But if we notice a website tagline, then we take a second glance at that website. It helps identify which website we’re visiting and allows us to make a quick judgment on the website.
Moreover, an effective website slogan or tagline will draw the attention of the customers and help create brand recognition and better sales.
Many factors affect Google’s relevancy for a website, and one of them is a tagline. It helps understand the type of website someone is visiting and what to expect from it.
Moreover, it enhances the impression and helps in getting the message across, which couldn’t be possible without a tagline.
How to Write a Good Tagline for Website?
Although it must be brief, a tagline should elaborate on the title. An action verb that describes the business activity should be included. The tagline ought to be action-focused and act as a motivator for users to start making decisions. Creating a good tagline must be fun, or it won’t be successful.
A great website tagline should be short, simple, catchy, meaningful, and memorable. The tagline also has a prominent position on a website. Therefore, you should take advantage of this to establish a relationship with the users.
Website Tagline Formulas to Help You:
- We [do this] for [whom]
- [Do this] to/and get [the benefit]
- [Get this benefit] by [doing this]
- Helping [whom] do [what] with [what benefit]
- [What] for [whom]
- [Get this benefit] with [what]
- [What] with [what benefit]
Examples of Great Taglines & Slogan for Websites
If you are thinking about getting a website for your company, you need to consider getting a tagline to go along with your website. Creating an impactful tagline or slogan for your website can be tricky.
A tagline is a short way of saying your company’s mission in a public statement. Best practices recommend using a tagline on the homepage of your website. It should be the first thing the visitor sees, and it should sum up the experience they’re going to have with your website.
Following are some of the great website taglines and slogans for inspiration.
Taglines From Real Websites
- Earn quality links with every content marketing campaign – Neomam
- Attract your ideal clients with personality-driven copy – Damn Write
- Low-cost SMS API for developers – SMS Works
- Master Your Classes – Course Hero
- The Greatest Casualty Is Being Forgotten – Wounded Warrior Project
- Helping marketers publish research that gets attention – Mantis Research
- High converting emails that sell your courses and programs – Sarah Anderson
- Branding and design for creative women entrepreneurs – Amanda Creek Creative:
- Making life easier with possibilities like never before. – Verizon Wireless
Catchy Website Taglines
- Conversion-driven websites on WordPress
- Cleaner, efficient layouts for your next site
- Count on us for quality and service
- Web development done right the first time
- We’ll make your business stand out online!
Cool & Creative Website Design Slogans
- We create the brand identity
- Good design is good business
- We’re building a better web with you
- We make websites that make money
- Your website is like a business card, and it should look good
The Bottom Line
The best website taglines are those that are still easy to understand and are straightforward in their communication. Coming up with a clever tagline for a website that search engines can parse will get you more clicks than you’re bargaining for.
Yes, a catchy website tagline can help your website snare new people. But remember not to overdo it because you would not want to confuse your visitors.
Frequently asked questions
How do I choose a tagline?
- Keep It Simple
- Avoid the marketing meeting effect.
- Tell a Story
- Explain Your Offering
- Communicate With Clarity
- Name yourself
- Double Take is needed.
- Keep it short and simple.
Where do you put a tagline on a website?
Navigation bar/header Top. Traditionally, slogans are found at the top of websites in the sticky navigation bar or header. This is a location that will keep visitors moving from one page to the next on your site. You only create it once, and it appears on every page.
What is a tagline example?
We have seen Walmart’s tagline – Save money as an excellent example of a descriptive tagline. Live better. KFC’s is another good example of a descriptive tagline.
What is a WordPress tagline?
This tagline summarises your entire website. Some people use the same tagline as the WordPress site title, while others set different taglines to describe their websites more effectively. Settings and then General can be used to modify the WordPress tagline.
What are some good taglines?
- “A diamond is forever.” – De Beers.
- . Disneyland: “The world’s best place.”.
- Samsung: Do what you can’t.
- Anger: “There are some things money cannot buy.”.
- Original Spice: “The original”.
- Nike: “Just do it.”.
What is a catchy tagline?
Attractive taglines convey an image of your brand in the minds of your clients. In terms of taglines, people can make lighthearted associations with your business: “When I see [tagline], I think [company].”.
How do you write a creative tagline?
- Brand Identity: What can you tell us. You should begin with your brand identity to create an on-brand tagline that will stick.
- You might want to state Why, What, and What. Describe what your company offers and how you can provide value to customers.
- Identify A Differentiator
- Apply Creativity
How do I create a tagline for myself?
Make it specific. Use an action word. At least one dynamic emotion or feeling word must accompany each word. Make affirmations for yourself, not for others.
What is a good website tagline?
Be sure to include a description accompanying the tagline. You should include a text message. In addition, the text should be a slogan, something memorable that users can’t help but remember. As a rule, it should look like a phrase supporting the title, making it necessary to appear next to the site title.
What is a tagline SEO?
Short sentences are adequate for a good SEO tagline to summarise your brand, product, and intent. You can help the reader form an affinity with your business. Keep your SEO tagline focused and concise when writing your website. The site should explain your site’s meaning.
What is a professional tagline?
There is a tagline that says what you do, who you do it for, or how I should feel about it. It should be straightforward, descriptive, and not be long. Try to balance creative with the personality of your company (fun-loving, practical, innovative, etc.).
What is a site title and tagline?
Title of your site is your site’s name. This is how your brand is identified. Every page of your site will have its own title now. Don’t confuse it with the title of a website, which is the title for ALL titles :). The tagline represents a brief description of your entire website.