You can ask someone to attend your birthday party by handing out an invitation letter to them. An informal letter is typically written in such cases. So, what is the informal letter format for birthday invitation?
How to Write Birthday Invitation Letters
Birthday invitation letters are generally written using an informal style. The content of the letter is similar to that of a casual conversation. Like the typical informal letter, the letter format for a birthday invitation will begin with a greeting or a salutation.
There are five main elements to any invitation, and they answer the question: Who, What, When, Where, and How.
- Mention who the celebrant, host, or guest of honor is. This answers the question ‘Who’ and let your invites know who is hosting them.
- State the purpose and plan of the party. Explain in your letter what kind of celebration is happening. In this case, it is a birthday party.
- State the date and time of the party: Tell the guests when the party will be. Be detailed and specific. State the accurate day, date, and time.
- Location of the party: Remember to let your guests know where the party will be held. It would be best to provide the name and address of the location. You can also include a brief description of the location.
Informal Letter Format for Birthday Invitation: Samples
1. Letter to friends inviting them to your birthday party
My Dear Friend,
How’re you? I am doing great and my family is well.
I’m delighted to inform you that my birthday is on Friday, the 16th of June. I am going to turn 19 and my family has decided to host a party for me on that evening at 8pm.
I am inviting you and your entire family to the party. Hope to see you there. Lots of love.
Yours affectionately, Hannah
2. Letter to friends inviting them to your birthday party
My Dear Friend,
I hope you are in perfect health. My birthday is on the 20th December. My family and I have arranged a small party to celebrate.
The party will take place in my residence. I have invited my neighbors and a few close friends. I hope you will also come and join us. We will cut the cake, dance, play games and have lots of fun. The party begins at 4pm.
See you there.
3. A Letter to Your Friend Inviting her to Your Birthday Party
How’re you and your family? The day after tomorrow that is the 18th of July is my birthday. I am organizing a party for all my friends to celebrate with me.
The venue of the party is my home, and the party will start at 8:00 pm. There will be reading games and English quiz.
I will be happy if you join us. Please send my regards to my mum.
The formats above can help you get started with your informal letter for birthday invitation.
To Wrap Up
Writing an informal letter for birthday is not as complex as you might imagine. It involves mentioning who the celebrant, host, or guest of honor by name.
You should also state the purpose of the party alongside the date and time. Finally, your informal letter for birthday should inform the guest of the event’s location.
Still unsure of how to write an informal invitation letter? Consider using the format above.
Explore All Casual Articles
What is prose? That’s the first question that comes to mind when trying to write spoken language in its ordinary…
Being able to write emails in English is an essential skill. While it may look like it isn’t tricky, writing…
You’ve landed a new, better job. Congratulations! Nevertheless, you must first give notice of your departure from your current role.…
Tone plays a significant role in writing. The tone of your voice is how you express your ideas. Included are…
No matter what you are writing, all writing styles can be identified as either formal or informal. You should know…