Can you summarize newspaper article? Many students shoulder the responsibility of summarizing newspaper articles as part of their schoolwork.
Simplify your text and make it conscise
Daily, weekly, or other periodic journal is known as a newspaper. A newspaper publishes news, editorials, features, and additional information of public interest and advertisements.
A quality newspaper summary includes a personal assessment of crucial facts. An introduction, central body, and conclusion form part of a quality newspaper summary. You can keep specific phrases from the newspapers without rephrasing them while composing them.
When to Summarize a Newspaper Article
Summaries are far shorter than the original material and provide a general summary of the entire source material. Write summaries to present the viewpoints of both parties in a discussion.
Here’s a list of when to summarize an article:
- You wish to provide background information or an overview of a subject.
- Describing a topic’s knowledge (from several sources).
- You want to figure out what a single source’s primary points are.
- We feel like we’re likely to get a technical question we need for work in the future.
- We want to review the article to write about it for an assignment.
- There are more extensive viewings of the article on the website, and we want to read a few of them.
- It’s not about the accuracy but about what we want to share
- It’s not about a specific article but a general topic
Step-By-Step: Summarize Newspaper article
Writing an article summary involves multiple phases, as listed below
- Determine whether your summary piece should be a paragraph or an essay in length. If this is a class assignment, the teacher should give lengthy directions.
- Main topic: Read the original article slowly and identify the central, primary notion that the author attempts to illustrate. Take note of the work’s title, tone, and what the author is trying to prove with the evidence. Make a list of the significant points.
- Start writing: Set aside some time to create a summary based on the vital topic offered in the original scholarly work. Also, pay attention to the supporting arguments used by the author to illustrate their claim. Write the main topic and an introduction paragraph first.
Other points include:
- Support: Read the rest of the article to find the key points or arguments that back up the central premise. Read the topic sentences in each paragraph for hints about the paragraph’s aim. If no obvious topic sentence can be found, summarize each body paragraph and identify what the evidence is attempting to prove. It is beneficial to take notes or highlight the content.
- Determine if the summary should conclude or the student should continue. Continue reading if you want to. Use the summarization written on the body paragraphs of the original text to write the body paragraphs. This will serve as evidence for the author’s central point. In this section of the summary article, make sure there are no facts, dates, figures, or precise specifics.
- Conclusion: Based on the introductory paragraph and the body paragraph of the summary article, write the conclusion paragraph or sentence. The original text’s conclusion paragraph might potentially be used for inspiration. This should be a brief, concise summary of the point made in the original article and any key arguments.
To Wrap Up
Students will be able to summarize items they’ve read quickly and efficiently with time and practice.
Students will be able to continuously generate well-written summaries with proficiency and ease if they recognize meaning, preserve conciseness and correctness, and are objective.
Explore All Summarize Articles
Why Use Short Sentences – 5 Benefits of Simple Writing
We’ve all heard the advice: “write short sentences”. But why are short sentences used in the first place? If you…
What is Summarize (Unbelievable Key Features)
What is summarize? Summarize isn’t equivalent to rewriting. A summary provides a shortened and accurate description of a text’s key…
What You Need to Know About Text Summarization NLP
The primary purpose of summarizing a text is to create information that is easy to understand and conveys the main…
Effective Steps for Writing a Summary Sentence
A summary sentence is a shorter version of the original sentence. A good summary should be concise, accurate, and objective.…
How to Summarize a Newspaper Article in Seconds
Can you summarize newspaper article? Many students shoulder the responsibility of summarizing newspaper articles as part of their schoolwork. Simplify…
Shortening Words: Tips for Effective & Improved Writing.
Shortening words is the process of cutting the beginning or end of a word from a longer word. It involves…