Although this may seem like a lot to consider, synonyms…
Although this may seem like a lot to consider, synonyms and antonyms are a natural part of our everyday language. Constantly cognizant of our audience, environment, and situation, we adjust our speech accordingly, sometimes subconsciously.
Consequently, you select synonyms for your writing and speaking similarly. This guide offers synonyms for the word “analyze” along with their etymologies and usage examples.
Let’s break it down!
What Does Analyze Mean?
Analyzing means examining (something) systematically and thoroughly, typically for explanation or interpretation.
Analysis helps us determine the nature and interrelation of the parts of anything. To analyze means to investigate carefully and in-depth the causes, significant factors, potential outcomes, etc.
Sentence Examples of Analyze
- Take your time to analyze the data with all the tools that have been provided.
- I can’t analyze the job at all; it’s so complicated.
- To properly analyze the flow, you must make certain variables independent.
Analyze Synonym: Words With Similar Meanings
Look at or check closely and carefully. When you scrutinize something, you look at it very closely, usually to learn something from or about it.
The word “scrutinize” comes from the Latin verb “scrutari,” which means “to search” or “to examine.” This word probably comes from the word “scruta,” which means “to search” (meaning “trash,” or more specifically, “a mixture of worthwhile articles and trash”).
Examples of Sentences
- Help scrutinize my husband’s every move.
- Please scrutinize his accounts thoroughly.
- He forgot to scrutinize the grocery bill at the checkpoint.
Investigate means to find out about the personality, activities, or history. It means to study or conduct research on a subject or problem, typically one in a scientific or academic field.
It could also mean carrying out a formal or organized investigation to find and look into the facts of an event, an allegation, etc.
The English word “investigate” comes from the Latin words “investigare” and “investigatio,” which means “to ask questions and look into things.”
Examples of Sentences With Investigate
- His job is to investigate the sudden demise of the King.
- A committee was set up to investigate the bribery allegation.
- Gas officials are investigating the cause of a fire explosion at the gas plant.
Figure out means to think about someone or something until you know what it is or who it is. The phrase seems to have come from the early 1900s and has to do with finding something. It has been used since the 1800s to help solve problems.
Examples of Sentences With Figure Out
- I must figure out who did this to me, no matter how long it takes.
- We were able to figure out who masterminded the attack pretty quickly.
- He is soon going to figure out that you gave us away.
To Wrap up
The use of synonyms is common in everyday speech and writing. Knowing which synonyms and antonyms to use when writing in various styles and genres is vital. Synonyms and antonyms enhance your oral and written communication skills, but you must know how to employ them effectively.
Frequently asked questions
What is the synonyms of analyze?
The page contains 60 synonyms, antonyms, and idiomatic expressions for analyze, such as: examine, scrutinize, investigate, dissect, analyse, separate, decompound, take-apart, study.
How do you write a guide?
In preparing your Guide, you want to make it understandable to your readers. Keep your content at the top so that you have the most important information at your fingertips. Break content into sections that are easy to read. Headings allow users to structure content and navigate.
What do you mean by analyze?
1. Studying something closely and carefully : learning the nature and relationship of parts of something through close and careful examination. analyze a problem. By computer, the data were recorded and analysed. A lab analyzed the sample chemically.
How do you analyze a text?
- Do you know the central idea of the text?
- Do you know who the audience is?
- How does the author address questions?
- How does an author structure the text?
- What are the main parts of this text?
- What are the ways in which the main parts of the text interrelate?
What does it mean to analyze a text example?
Analyzing a text gives it greater meaning than what it tells you directly. An analysis is the process of asking questions about a text in order to offer an interpretation.
What is analyze in reading?
Analyzing a thing consists of breaking it down into its parts and examining what it is. Successful readers know how to analyze. In order to analyze a text, you must break down its ideas and structure in order to understand it better, think critically about it, and draw conclusions.
What is the synonym and antonym of analyze?
Taking the following into account and subjecting it to an analysis, you can discover aspects or meanings that are essential. Antonyms. Activity activity activity attack is different. Examine your house and verify the appraisal.
What is an example of analyze?
An example of analysis in a sentence The data was recorded and analyzed by a computer. A lab performed chemical analysis of the sample. Researchers are busy studying the results of the study. Microspecies were analysed under a powerful microscope.
What does it mean to analyze a situation?
Situation analysis is basically a process of critically evaluating the internal and external conditions that affect an organization, and it is performed before a new initiative or project is initiated. This provides you with the knowledge to identify the current opportunities and challenges associated with your organization, service or product.
How do you use synonyms?
For example, rather than using the word “beautiful” several times in your text, you might use synonyms such as “gorgeous,” “stunning,” or “ravishing” to create a better. Repeating just one word will ensure that you’ll lose the attention of your audience simply out of boredom!
How do you use analyse in a sentence?
- The data needs to be analysed.
- McCarthy was asked to analyze data from the first phase of trials of the vaccine.
- Our coach tried to analyze what caused our defeat.
- Our failure was identified as the result of an analysis by our teacher.
How do you analyze?
- Make your goals clear in step 1.
- Determine how you want to measure your success.
- Collect your data in step 3.
- Analyze your data in step 4.
- Visualize and interpret results in step 5.
What is a person who guides?
leader. As part of a group or activity, a person or thing leads; directing, commanding, or guiding a head. 10. 2.
What is the synonym of guide?
Guide is usually a synonym for engineer, lead, pilot, or steer. This phrase means “to direct or show the way to be followed,” while guide implies intimate knowledge of the road and its difficulties and dangers. Guided scouts through the cave.