One of the best things you can do to improve…
One of the best things you can do to improve as a writer is memorize the synonyms of your favorite terms. Such an initiative would help you prevent redundancy in your text.
As one of the commonly used phrases, you should check out the for example synonym guide below.
The Definition of “For Example”
The dictionary defines “for example” as a phrase written if you want to depict something. “Example” is a noun that attempts to portray something in a way that the reader or listener would easily understand. Giving examples is a good way of grabbing your audience’s attention.
- You have to improve your athletic skills every day. For example, you can visit a local gym to maintain your physique.
- Writing requires an impeccable set of skills. For example, you have to be a patient proofreader of your output.
- The United Nations calls on every member state to help maintain peace and order. For example, Secretary-General Antonio Guterres asked Russia to end the country’s invasion of Ukraine.
- It’s not always a fun day for everyone. For example, some kids out there are starving to death.
- There are lots of things for you to know in college. For example, there are annual dance troupe battles between the first-year students and the sophomores.
For Example Synonyms-Exploring Words with Similar Meanings
“Instance” is a good substitute and synonym for “for example.” It derives from the Latin term “instantia,” meaning “objection.”
- The United Kingdom is gradually losing its imperial colonies. For instance, Barbados just recently declared its independence from the Crown.
Another similar term for “for example” is “case.” It came from the Latin term “casus,” which means “fall.”
- The government should never take the freedom of assembly from an individual. However, it’s another case in point when it comes to terrorists.
“Illustration” came from the Latin term “illustrare,” which means “intellectual enlightenment.”
- An excellent illustration of love for animals is giving stray cats a cup of water whenever you see one.
For Example Antonym — Exploring Words with Opposite Meanings
“Contrary” is the only closest antonym for “for example.” It came from the Latin term “contra,” which pertains to “against” or “opposite.” You use it differently when writing a sentence like an example below:
- Ducks love eating corn feeds. On the contrary, they sometimes choke when eating such food.
We hope you now have a better idea of the term “for example” after reading this article. We looked for similar terms, antonyms, and, naturally, the word’s meaning. If you have any more words you’d like us to write, please let us know!
Frequently asked questions
What is the 10 Example of synonyms?
|amazing: astounding, surprising, stunning||fertile, fruitful, abundant, productive|
|brave: courageous, valiant, heroic||injured: damaged, wounded, harmed|
|cohesive: united, connected, close-knit||intelligent: brilliant, clever, smart|
|cunning: keen, sharp, slick||kindle: ignite, inflame, burn|
What are the 20 antonyms?
What are the 200 examples of antonyms?
What are the 50 examples of antonyms list?
- Argue – Agree
- Alive – Dead
- All – None
- Advanced – Elementary
- Amateur – Professional
- Artificial – Natural
- Arrive – Depart
- Adult – Child
What are the 50 examples of synonyms?
- Bad news he received repeatedly confused him.
- It was magnified by him.
- Beautiful, pretty, beautiful, stunning: You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen in my life.
What are 10 examples of synonyms and antonyms?
|Boisterous||Lively, Exuberant||Quire, Restrained|
|Linger||Stay put, Remain||Vanish|
What is antonyms give 5 examples?
- warm — cool
- hard — easy
- early — late
- young — elderly
- happy — wistful
- fat — slim
- wise — foolish
- fast — slow
What is synonyms and antonyms meaning and examples?
Synonyms refer to words that have the same or similar meaning as other words. Anonymity refers to the exact opposite of another word. Typical happiness is sadness.
What are 30 synonyms?
- gift – present
- cold – chilly
- happy – glad
- difficult – hard
- garbage – trash
- angry – mad
- afraid – scared
- child – kid
What is the synonym of for example?
For example, you can find 13 synonyms, antonyms, phrases, and related words: for-example, such-as, to give an example, to illustrate, as an example. To cite an example.
What are examples of for example?
- A few simple precautions can be taken, as is ensuring desks are at the right height.
- Let’s say the simple phrase: “The man climbed up the hill.”.
What are the 100 examples of antonyms?
- accept – refuse
- add – subtract
- about – exactly
- absence – presence
- accidental – intentional
- active – lazy
- abundance – lack
- above – below
What are examples of antonyms with sentence examples?
- If used as a verb, “Dust” is an example of an auto-antonym.
- The boy crossed the street and the girl walked to the curb are example sentences with complementary antonyms.
What are 5 examples of synonym?
- Hot. Burning, fiery, boiling.
- Excellent, great
- Is simple, easy and straightforward.
- I’m small, I’ll be small.
- Cold: cold, freezing, frosty.
- Bad: horrible, terrible, awful.
- Hard: challenging, difficult
- Big, huge, giant