Indeed, reading a thesaurus can help you improve your vocabulary and knowledge of various English words. Learning about the synonyms and antonyms of your favorite terms will allow you to prevent redundancy in your text. Check out this area synonym guide to familiarize yourself with the different similar and opposite terms related to “area.”
Not satisfied with your copy? Rewrite it to make it better
Your readers will love your book if you excellently portray your excellent writing skills. To make this possible, you must avoid repeating the same terms repeatedly. Make sure to read the area synonym guide below.
The Definition of Area
The dictionary defines “area” as a noun. It refers to a location wherein someone, or something is situated or nearly situated. Also, it may pertain to a district or landmark leading to an exact place.
Mathematical terms refer to “area” as the “extent or measurement of a surface.”
- Britney lives near the area of Salt Lake City.
- The area where Bruce lives is quite dangerous.
- Ukrainian military men have taken control of the Zaporizhia area.
- The engineer is still computing the total area covered by the house.
- What is your area code?
Area Synonyms-Exploring Words with Similar Meanings
“District” came from the Latin term “districtus,” which stands for “territory of jurisdiction” or “division of city or town.”
- The third district of Harrison County is experiencing a polio epidemic.
It came from the French term “surrounder,” which means “to flood” or “to overflow.”
- The surrounding cities of Azeroth and Nightsilver have pledged allegiance to Lord Dalaran.
A commonly interchanged term for “area” is “zone.” It came from the Greek term “zone,” which means “girdle” or “a part of somewhere.”
- The Intertropical Convergence Zone has been causing widespread flooding in the Philippines recently.
This similar term for “area” came from the Middle English term “abod,” which means “to wait” or “to settle.”
- The abode of the Native Americans stretched from California in the United States to Newfoundland in Canada.
“Territory” is another similar term for “area.” It came from the Latin term “terra,” which refers to “land.”
- The Philippines was once an American territory.
“Locale” came from the French term “local,” which refers to “a place” or “community.”
- The nearby locale sells delicious fish and other maritime products.
It came from the Old English term “neȝeburredde,” which can be read as “neighborred.” The etymology means “neighborhood.”
- Peter Parker is a friendly neighborhood spider-man.
“Community” is derived from the Latin word “communis,” which means “common” or “public.”
- The Christian community near Houston gave the soldiers some food to eat.
“Expanse” is from the New Latin term “expansum,” which refers to “a dominion.”
- The expanse of the United States touches two of the world’s largest oceans: The Atlantic and the Pacific.
The least used similar term for “area” in this modern era is “manor.” It came from the Latin term “manere,” which means “remain” or “dwell.”
- The Knights Templar burned down the local manor.
Finally, you are familiar with the ten similar terms for “area.” Make sure to remember the terms above in this area synonym guide. Remember, learning should be an essential part of your improvement as a writer.
Explore All Synonyms Articles
Happen Synonym Guide — Definition, Antonyms, and Examples
Are you looking to use happen synonym examples to spice up your writing? That’s not surprising. Not satisfied with your…
For Example Synonym Guide — Definition, Antonyms, and Examples
One of the best things you can do to improve as a writer is memorize the synonyms of your favorite…
Expectations Synonym Guide — Definition, Antonyms, and Examples
If you’re looking to use expectations synonym examples in your writing, you’re in luck. This article explores the various similar…
Environment Synonym Guide — Definition, Antonyms, and Examples
If you’re looking to use environment synonym examples in your writing, you’re in luck. This article explores the various synonyms…
Effective Synonym Guide — Definition, Antonyms, and Examples
If you’re looking to use effective synonym examples in your writing, you’re in luck. This article explores the various synonyms…
Discuss Synonym Guide — Definition, Antonyms, and Examples
As a writer, you should understand the essence of studying the synonyms of your favorite words. By doing so, you…