Some words are vital everyday conversations and writing. One of…
Some words are vital everyday conversations and writing. One of these words is “communicate”. You may have already used this word in your previous articles. But there are also a lot of other communicatesynonyms you may not be familiar with.
With this guide, you’ll get to know a lot of communicate synonyms. You’ll also discover its opposite terms and their respective meanings. You’re sure to add some helpful new terms to your word vault!
The Definition of Communicate
The dictionary defines communicate as transferring information, thoughts, or messages between people or groups. This can be in either spoken or written form. Communication usually happens when people commune or through personal contact. But it can also be through digital means.
- They communicated consistently throughout their relationship.
- The key to succeeding as a team is hard work and communicating openly.
- Technology has helped friends and family communicate faster and easier.
- I communicated the project instructions to my classmates.
- Most people communicate through their phones now.
Exploring Words with Similar Meanings
Connecting means facilitating personal interaction or showing how two or more events are qualitatively similar. It is also to form associations or relationships with people to share views.
- They found a way to connect even when they were apart.
A broadcast is sending out info to a large audience. The message sent out is often digital. It typically uses mediums such as radio or television.
- The interview was broadcasted live on all radio stations.
Conversing is similar to talking. It refers to having a conversation with others to exchange ideas or messages.
- The language barrier made it hard to converse with the exchange student.
Exploring Words with Opposite Meanings
The purpose of communicating is to exchange or transfer messages as clearly as possible. And distorting that message defeats that purpose. To distort is to mislead someone or distort something to be unrecognizable.
- Distorted news is spreading over social media like wildfire.
Concealing is like hiding and is an easy concept to understand. If someone conceals an action or message, they try to keep it a secret from other people.
- Investigators tried to conceal the facts about the case.
The thesaurus lists mislead and deceive as similar terms to delude. To delude means to hide something from others. This action aims to trick or fool other people.
- He wanted to delude the evidence of the crime.
To Wrap Up
Utilizing the correct terms in your writings is important. It helps your message get across clearly to your reader. And now that you’ve learned these new related terms for the word communicate, you’ll have broader word choices for your next great article!