A community is what drives a sense of belonging and…
A community is what drives a sense of belonging and shared understanding. It refers to the interpersonal relationships and group dynamics related to individuals who belong to the same locale. Many words can function as a community synonym example.
Let’s explore them.
According to the dictionary, a community is a large number of people who share a similar identity, outlook, interests, or goals. The two main ideas behind a community are:
- It is composed of many people.
- These people share a similar identity, outlook, and goal.
- Each community has its own set of rules.
- The science community is often at the forefront of many technological discoveries.
Community Synonyms – Exploring Words with Similar Meanings
The definition of a word will help you find its synonyms. According to the thesaurus, these expressions can serve as similar terms for “community.”
A company is a noun that describes a business or business organization that is registered, incorporated, or recognized by the government. This term is used in a business context.
- Samsung is a company that manufactures smartphones and appliances.
- I love working for this company.
A section is a self-contained part of a larger group. You can think of this as a department in a company or a branch in an organization. Sections will often complement each other.
- The batch of students is divided into sections based on their aptitude.
- The percussion section of the orchestra stood out in their last performance.
A faction is a smaller number of individuals (usually with similar beliefs or goals) who, together, comprise a larger society. Factions will often have significant differences. They may even oppose each other.
- The Order of the Phoenix was a faction in the Harry Potter series of books.
- The Dunedain were a faction of rangers who lived very long.
A colony refers to plants, animals, or fungi growing in a locale.
- A colony of ants is composed of a queen, soldiers, and workers.
- A bee colony operates in a similar manner.
Community Antonyms — Exploring Words with Opposite Meanings
The main idea behind a community is that it is a people who share a common identity, outlook, and goal. Therefore, terms that describe being alone and different from a group can serve as antonyms of the word “community.”
A loner is someone who is not part of any group. A loner will not participate in any social activities. This term doesn’t always have a negative connotation because some people prefer being alone.
- Aragon was a loner. He fought, hunted, and traveled alone.
- He was no longer a loner when he joined the fellowship of the ring.
A difference refers to the state of being different from others. It can also refer to opposing goals between two people or communities.
- We can’t function as a community until we set our differences aside.
- Rob and Bob’s differences keep them from working together.
A disparity is a difference between two things. It highlights a difference that has a significant influence on a situation. It can also refer to a disagreement.
- There is a disparity between the amount of time John can spend with his children and his work.
- The disparity in power levels is questionable. Please redo the test.
As many of you already know, the English language is rich and diverse. There are many ways to convey an idea. We hope this guide helps you gain a better understanding of the term “community.”
Frequently asked questions
What are three examples of communities?
Rural, urban, and suburban communities are the three main types of communities.
What is a community answer?
A community is a community (a group of living things) with commonalities such as place, norms, religion, values, customs, or identities. A community may feel separated geographically (e.g. The land, village, town, or neighbourhood) or via a virtual medium.
What is a good sentence for community?
1. It’s notable to be familiar with him in the local community. 2. The appeal for aid has been a source of interest among the German business community.
What is the synonym community?
guild. League, organization, society (also gilded).
What is a community group example?
A number of these organizations are commonly seen as churches, unions, schools, health care agencies, community groups, fraternities, and clubs.
What antonym means?
Anonymity definition: meaning of opposite word.
What is a community simple definition?
Community 1 Definition: an association of individual contributions: such as. Some people living in a particular area have common interests: the area itself is the problem of a large community.
Which of the following is an example of community?
1 Answer. Village is an example of community.
What is the synonym and antonym of community?
Developed in the late 19th century, it is generally occupied by private residences. Antonyms. Dissensions concerning nonconformity. Dominguignon rabbit warren housing estate in exurbia.
What is community and example?
Community stands for all the people who live or work together in a community or groups of people who share similar interests. Buddhist groups meet and chant together as an example of community.
What is the best definition of community health?
Organizing the World Health Organization defines community health as the environmental, social, and economic resources that sustain emotional and physical well-being among people in ways that support their aspirations and satisfy their needs in their unique environment.
Do most good synonym?
What are the four examples of community?
- Neighborhood associations
- Religious centers
What community means essay?
Community refers to a group of people, small or large, whose members live together in such a manner that they share a common life and have developed a sense of community sentiment or consciousness among them, which distinguishes.
What is your definition of community?
A community is a group of people whose members share something in common, such as a shared governance system, geographic location, culture, or heritage. Local communities can also mean the physical location where such groups gather.