A community is what drives a sense of belonging and shared understanding. It refers to the interpersonal relationships and group dynamics related to individuals who belong to the same locale. Many words can function as a community synonym example.
Let’s explore them.
According to the dictionary, a community is a large number of people who share a similar identity, outlook, interests, or goals. The two main ideas behind a community are:
- It is composed of many people.
- These people share a similar identity, outlook, and goal.
- Each community has its own set of rules.
- The science community is often at the forefront of many technological discoveries.
Community Synonyms – Exploring Words with Similar Meanings
The definition of a word will help you find its synonyms. According to the thesaurus, these expressions can serve as similar terms for “community.”
A company is a noun that describes a business or business organization that is registered, incorporated, or recognized by the government. This term is used in a business context.
- Samsung is a company that manufactures smartphones and appliances.
- I love working for this company.
A section is a self-contained part of a larger group. You can think of this as a department in a company or a branch in an organization. Sections will often complement each other.
- The batch of students is divided into sections based on their aptitude.
- The percussion section of the orchestra stood out in their last performance.
A faction is a smaller number of individuals (usually with similar beliefs or goals) who, together, comprise a larger society. Factions will often have significant differences. They may even oppose each other.
- The Order of the Phoenix was a faction in the Harry Potter series of books.
- The Dunedain were a faction of rangers who lived very long.
A colony refers to plants, animals, or fungi growing in a locale.
- A colony of ants is composed of a queen, soldiers, and workers.
- A bee colony operates in a similar manner.
Community Antonyms — Exploring Words with Opposite Meanings
The main idea behind a community is that it is a people who share a common identity, outlook, and goal. Therefore, terms that describe being alone and different from a group can serve as antonyms of the word “community.”
A loner is someone who is not part of any group. A loner will not participate in any social activities. This term doesn’t always have a negative connotation because some people prefer being alone.
- Aragon was a loner. He fought, hunted, and traveled alone.
- He was no longer a loner when he joined the fellowship of the ring.
A difference refers to the state of being different from others. It can also refer to opposing goals between two people or communities.
- We can’t function as a community until we set our differences aside.
- Rob and Bob’s differences keep them from working together.
A disparity is a difference between two things. It highlights a difference that has a significant influence on a situation. It can also refer to a disagreement.
- There is a disparity between the amount of time John can spend with his children and his work.
- The disparity in power levels is questionable. Please redo the test.
As many of you already know, the English language is rich and diverse. There are many ways to convey an idea. We hope this guide helps you gain a better understanding of the term “community.”
Explore All Synonyms Articles
Are you looking to use happen synonym examples to spice up your writing? That’s not surprising. As a writer, it’s…
One of the best things you can do to improve as a writer is memorize the synonyms of your favorite…
If you’re looking to use expectations synonym examples in your writing, you’re in luck. This article explores the various similar…
If you’re looking to use environment synonym examples in your writing, you’re in luck. This article explores the various synonyms…
If you’re looking to use effective synonym examples in your writing, you’re in luck. This article explores the various synonyms…
As a writer, you should understand the essence of studying the synonyms of your favorite words. By doing so, you…