‘In conclusion’ is a frequently employed English expression to indicate the ending part or concluding remarks of any formal written or spoken communication.
Not satisfied with your copy? Rewrite it to make it better
However, not every writing requires the same level of formality. You need to interchange the term with synonyms to fit the context better. This in conclusion synonym guide will help you learn the nuances of the similar and opposite words with example sentences.
The Definition of In Conclusion
The phrase ‘in conclusion’ is employed at the end of academic or professional writing to sum things up. When you employ the expression, you’re letting others know that what you’re about to say is the last thing you want to say.
‘In conclusion’ is a common expression for mentioning the final comments or denoting the end of any formal speech or essay. A conclusion is not just the ending of a paper but a full assessment of what the text contains.
- In conclusion, she wishes to make her parents proud.
- In conclusion, I believe getting the job done is better than being perfect.
- In conclusion, paper books help readers retain information longer.
- In conclusion, I would like to thank my team members for their hard work.
- In conclusion, we were able to complete the project just in time.
In Conclusion Synonym — Exploring Words with Similar Meanings
It typically describes the last action or item in a series of events. The term denotes the end of something after a considerable period of hardship or delay. It also refers to stating the last argument or reason for something.
- Finally, I got a vacation after six long months of training.
- I am finally home for Christmas this year!
It expressed something that comes after a series of actions or events in a list. You use it to introduce a final point or end things by saying what happens after everything else.
- Lastly, I would like to know about your future goals.
- Lastly, the course requires you to complete a practical project.
The word refers to the very end of a process. You can employ this word when emphasizing that something has many different components but ends up coming to one simple conclusion.
- The college authority ultimately gave in to the demands of the students.
- The couple ultimately decided to file for a divorce.
‘In summary’ is a common term used to restate the most important information in short. It is a good way to indicate that you’re going to restate the paper’s main ideas and derive a conclusion from them.
- In summary, the campaign was a huge success.
- In summary, we need better health care systems in rural regions.
It means to present the final points of a speech or letter. It is especially helpful in scientific and professional writing for summarizing your arguments and including a call to action.
- In closing, I would like to emphasize one last point.
- In closing, our boss thanked everyone for the quarterly revenue growth.
In Conclusion Antonyms — Exploring Words with Opposite Meanings
First and foremost
The phrase “first and foremost” is frequently utilized to emphasize the most important quality of someone or something. The expression refers to stressing something more than anything else.
- First and foremost, she is a mother, then a social worker.
- First and foremost, I need you to submit the project proposal.
At the beginning
‘At the beginning’ describes the initial or starting part of something, and the expression is typically followed by of.
- We’re going to Thailand at the beginning of May.
- I would like you to start working at the beginning of next month.
‘At first’ refers to the initial phases or beginning of something. It is employed to discuss the beginning stages of an experience or event.
- I didn’t want to talk about the problems at first.
- She was very quiet and shy at first.
First of all
‘First of all’ refers to saying or introducing the very first thing from a list of other things. The expression also means prior to anything else.
- First of all, tell me why are you late every day?
- First of all, you should say sorry to her.
‘Initially’ means happening at the start or beginning of something rather than in the middle or end.
- Initially, the situation was under control.
- Initially, the symptoms didn’t seem that severe.
To Wrap Up
We have now reached the stage the article is all about! This in conclusion synonym guide outlines some of the most common phrases which are interchangeable with ‘in conclusion.’ Learn these terms by heart, and you don’t have to use the same old expression to conclude your piece. Take your time to choose the right word or expression for the word ‘conclusion,’ and it will make all the difference in your paper.
Explore All Synonyms Articles
Happen Synonym Guide — Definition, Antonyms, and Examples
Are you looking to use happen synonym examples to spice up your writing? That’s not surprising. Not satisfied with your…
For Example Synonym Guide — Definition, Antonyms, and Examples
One of the best things you can do to improve as a writer is memorize the synonyms of your favorite…
Expectations Synonym Guide — Definition, Antonyms, and Examples
If you’re looking to use expectations synonym examples in your writing, you’re in luck. This article explores the various similar…
Environment Synonym Guide — Definition, Antonyms, and Examples
If you’re looking to use environment synonym examples in your writing, you’re in luck. This article explores the various synonyms…
Effective Synonym Guide — Definition, Antonyms, and Examples
If you’re looking to use effective synonym examples in your writing, you’re in luck. This article explores the various synonyms…
Discuss Synonym Guide — Definition, Antonyms, and Examples
As a writer, you should understand the essence of studying the synonyms of your favorite words. By doing so, you…