When you’re writing, it’s important to keep your readers interested…
When you’re writing, it’s important to keep your readers interested in what you’re writing. Think about your own experiences when you read an essay, a book, or an article. Why did you want to read the text?
We might be interested in the subject, but the author’s choice of words will make us want to keep reading. When a writer applies the same word repeatedly to describe or show a scene, it gets boring.
When the writer uses a wide range of words, the article becomes clearer. This guide gives you words that mean the same thing as “introduce,” their root words, and sentence examples.
Let’s get started!
What Does Introduce Mean?
Introduce means to bring something into use or operation for the first time. It could be a product, measure, or an idea. The term “introduce” means to make someone’s name known to someone else in person, especially in a formal setting.
Examples of sentences with introduce
- Allow me to introduce my team lead.
- They want to introduce stiffer sanctions against cybercrime.
- We will introduce a new model at the start of the quarter.
Introduce Synonym: Words with Similar Meanings
Some introduce synonym examples include launch, establish, found, instigate, bring in, put in place, and start. Other words with similar meaning are usher in, acquaint with, present, and inaugurate.
Propose means to suggest a plan or action for someone else to think about. From Old French proposer was to “propose, advance, suggest” in the 12th century.
In mid-14c., the term was proposen, which means to “form a design or intention.” In late 14c., the meaning metamorphosed into “put forward or offer for consideration.”
Examples of sentences with propose
- I propose to acquaint myself with their customs and traditions.
- How do you propose solving this English problem?
- Britain is about to propose the introduction of higher taxes.
To recommend means putting someone or something forward as a good choice for a certain role or purpose. It first appeared in late 14c.
It stemmed from Medieval Latin recommendare, where re- represents an intensive prefix, and commendare means “commit to one’s care, commend.” The meaning of recommend in 1746 was “advise as to action, or urge.”
Examples of sentences with recommend
- I recommend Sarah; she relates well with people.
- We are pleased to recommend to you our new design.
- We won’t recommend her because she is related to him.
To Wrap Up
This ‘introduce’ synonyms guide needs to be read carefully to apply it in writing correctly. Remember that the proper use of words makes the difference between a good writer and a bad one.
It may be tempting to use a phrase that looks sophisticated, but if you’re not sure what it means, it can cause trouble. If you don’t know what a word means or its synonyms, you should always look it up in a thesaurus or consult a dictionary.
Frequently asked questions
What is the synonym for introduce?
Insinuate, insinuous, intercalating, interject, interpolating, and interpose are some common synonyms of introduce. In any case, these words mean “to place between or among other things,” but introduce is an alternative term for putting something or someone into a group or body already existing.
What is a guide called?
Guides lead travelers, sportsmen, or tourists through unfamiliar or unfamiliar places. This term can also refer to individuals who lead others to abstract goals, such as knowledge or wisdom.
How do you say guide me?
- help me
- guiding me
- assist me
- be my eyes
- brief me
- brings me
- control me
- direct me
What is introduction and examples?
A book, movie, speech, or piece of music is defined by its introduction. A good example would be when you have a section in a book before the first chapter.
How do you introduce something?
- Start with a very short sentence.
- Please refrain from repeating the title.
- Make the introduction brief.
- You should use the word “you” at least once.
- You should devote 1-2 sentences to articulating the topic of the article.
- Give a short explanation of why the article is important.
What are 10 examples of synonyms?
|amazing: astounding, surprising, stunning||fertile, fruitful, abundant, productive|
|benefit: profit, revenue, yield||hungry: empty, ravenous, starved|
|brave: courageous, valiant, heroic||injured: damaged, wounded, harmed|
|cohesive: united, connected, close-knit||intelligent: brilliant, clever, smart|
How do you use synonyms?
You may use synonyms such as “gorgeous,” “stinning,” or “ravishing” to better portray your description of your object. You will lose your audience’s attention simply because you have to use just one word repeatedly!
What do you mean introduce?
Transitive verbs: A definition. 1 : to lead to or make known by a formal act, announcement, or recommendation: for instance,. a : familiarity. The use of a : making preliminary explanatory or laudatory remarks. C : to introduce one person to the public for the first time (such as an actor or singer).
How do you introduce students synonyms?
- Check out YouTube videos about Synonyms.
- Synonyms in Books
- Posters for Synonyms in the Classroom.
- An individual-synonymous flip book.
- The use of Synonyms in Literacy Rotations.
What are synonyms give 5 examples?
- Big: big, huge, giant.
- Excellent, fine
- Good: awful, terrible, terrible.
- Simple, easy, simple
- The situation is tough, challenging, and challenging.
- Winter is cold, cold, frosty.
- Hot: burning, flaming, boiling.
- Small, tiny, tiny
What is a sentence for introduce?
When I find her, I’ll introduce you to you. My first impression is that of him. She could then be introduced to his father in the process. Her hand was taken, but she did not introduce herself.
What are guide synonyms?
How do you introduce yourself example?
- Example: ‘Hello, everyone. My name is Brandon, and I’ve been working at Sunny Incorporated for five years now.
- Example: ‘Hello, Tilda. I am glad to meet you.
- Example: Hello Brittany. I would like to welcome you to the company and let you know that we appreciate your company.
What are the 10 synonyms?