Replacing the word “issue” with a similar term in itself seems to be a greater issue for many people. Using variations of the same word makes writing more lively and engaging to the readers. If you have been Googling: issues synonym, this guide is for you.
Not satisfied with your copy? Rewrite it to make it better
This quick guide outlines common synonyms for ‘issues’ along with its antonyms, definitions, and example sentences.
The Definition of Issues
‘Issues’ refers to an important subject or matter for discussion, which could be a personal or service-related difficulty. It could also mean to give or supply something for official use. Based on the dictionary, ‘issues’ serves both as a noun and a verb.
As a Noun:
- We need to address the work issues with the employees.
- The issues of bullying at school have been prevalent in recent days.
- We have been having internet connection issues since yesterday.
As a Verb:
- The company issued the licenses.
- We need to see your government-issued passport.
- He issued a statement accepting all the charges.
Issues Synonym — Exploring Words with Similar Meanings
Affair means activities done for a specific purpose or a matter that concerns someone. It could also refer to a person’s personal, professional, or financial dealings.
- They need to talk to settle their affairs soon.
- What you do in your leisure time is your affair.
‘Argument’ is the act of reasoning or discussing something where different opinions or opposite views are expressed. It could also mean a set of statements, ideas, or actions in favor or against something.
- I didn’t want to have an argument with my mother.
- His arguments were not enough to convince the opposition.
‘Concern’ is a feeling of worry or anxiousness about someone or something. You could also be concerned when you’re interested in someone and care about that person.
- It’s better to stay away from something which is not your concern.
- I am concerned about your health and wellbeing.
‘Controversy’ is when there is a lot of debate and discussion over something, especially between opposing viewpoints, usually involving many people.
- There has been a lot of controversy regarding the new plans.
- The decision of the committee raised controversy among students.
It refers to a matter that is unwelcoming and is challenging to deal with or achieve. It could also refer to a mathematical question.
- Stop focusing on the problem and try looking for a solution.
- We had a hard time tackling the problem with the database.
Issues Antonyms — Exploring Words with Opposite Meanings
Harmony refers to the act of staying or living in a peaceful manner. When people or things are in harmony, they agree with each other’s opinions and go along well.
- The coworkers of this company work in perfect harmony.
- There should be a harmony between the form and function of the product.
Accord refers to a formal agreement or situation where people or things agree. It could also mean giving or granting power or recognition to someone.
- The two parties could not come to a mutual accord.
- His opinions and actions were completely in accord with what I wanted.
Compliance is the action when you obey or follow the instructions as asked or ordered by someone. It refers to the process of meeting the rules and standards.
- The product was in compliance with the safety measures.
- All of your compliance is expected in these hard times for the company.
Concurrence refers to the state when you approve or agree with someone or something. It could also mean a situation where two things or events happen at the same time.
- John expressed concurrence with my decision.
- I am suspicious about the concurrence of two unlikely events in one day.
Conform means to comply with the standard rules, regulations, or laws. It could also refer to a person behaving in a socially acceptable way.
- All students of the university must conform to the new rules.
- Does the lab conform to the safety regulations?
To Wrap Up
To rewrite a phrase with a issues synonym, now you know the closest and most common terms to convey the same meaning. You also learn words that are opposite in meaning with example sentences for better understanding. This guide will sort out all the issues you have with synonyms or antonyms of ‘issues’ while writing. You can always check out a thesaurus to learn more terms with similar meanings.
Explore All Synonyms Articles
Happen Synonym Guide — Definition, Antonyms, and Examples
Are you looking to use happen synonym examples to spice up your writing? That’s not surprising. Not satisfied with your…
For Example Synonym Guide — Definition, Antonyms, and Examples
One of the best things you can do to improve as a writer is memorize the synonyms of your favorite…
Expectations Synonym Guide — Definition, Antonyms, and Examples
If you’re looking to use expectations synonym examples in your writing, you’re in luck. This article explores the various similar…
Environment Synonym Guide — Definition, Antonyms, and Examples
If you’re looking to use environment synonym examples in your writing, you’re in luck. This article explores the various synonyms…
Effective Synonym Guide — Definition, Antonyms, and Examples
If you’re looking to use effective synonym examples in your writing, you’re in luck. This article explores the various synonyms…
Discuss Synonym Guide — Definition, Antonyms, and Examples
As a writer, you should understand the essence of studying the synonyms of your favorite words. By doing so, you…