Expanding your vocabulary is essential whether you’re a writer or…
Expanding your vocabulary is essential whether you’re a writer or not. And some great additions to your word vault are the word responsible and some responsible synonyms.
There are a lot of words that you can use instead of “responsible.” Depending on what you’re writing, some terms can be interchangeable. In this guide, you’ll learn a ton of new responsible synonyms. You will also discover the meaning of each of them.
So get ready to learn!
What does Responsible mean?
Responsible is an excellent adjective to describe someone or something which exhibits caution and discretion in the choice of behavior or action.
If you are responsible, you are reliable, dependable, and trustworthy. It implies that you are strongly committed to your purposes and goals.
- They were fully responsible for the commotion.
- A thief was responsible for breaking into the office last night.
- The trainee proved to be very responsible in completing his assigned presentations.
- My mom left me in charge and told me I was responsible for my brother’s actions.
Responsible Synonym — Exploring Words with Similar Meanings
Responsible synonym examples are in charge of, in control of, manage, oversee, superintend, and supervise. Other similar words include conduct, run, charged with, accountable for, accountable, and answerable.
The term dependable describes someone capable of fulfilling a promise, completing a job, and keeping a secret. This also refers to someone who can provide for themselves and their family’s needs and not rely on others.
- My little brother is very dependable at a young age.
The dictionary defines liable as being ‘morally or legally responsible for something. It may also refer to a person’s relation to a case or issue. This can be being accountable for the accident at fault or being liable to pay the debt.
- He was held liable for the drop in sales this quarter.
Reliable originates from an Old French term meaning to assemble, put together or oblige. Someone reliable is dependable and steady in their effort and behavior. They tend to follow through with what they must do by staying consistent and following institutional standards.
- The success of the business was based largely on its reliability.
A trustworthy person is someone you can trust with sensitive information. It also means that someone is truthful and honest.
- I can tell everything to my friends because they’re all trustworthy.
Exploring Words with Opposite Meanings
This term refers to something inexplicable. It can also describe someone who lacks conscience and lacks a sense of personal liability.
- It’s never wise to hire unaccountable people.
Immaturity is a characteristic that can exist in both kids and adults. Immature people display a lack of obligation. The term can also apply to the inability to cooperate and showing an unmet need for attention.
- He was immature and kept ranting about his responsibilities.
Dodgy means having a shady character. It’s closely related to being unreliable and untrustworthy. An example of a dodgy practice might be a dodgy company where the company isn’t being truthful with its customers.
- They invested in a very dodgy business and lost a lot of money.
To Wrap Up
You can use responsible and some of these similar terms interchangeably. It all depends on the context, and there’s always a good chance that one of these similar terms will better suit your needs!
Frequently asked questions
What is an example of being responsible?
Responsible means making good decisions and caring for others. As an example of a responsible adult, trust your child’s watch.
What are 5 synonyms for responsibility?
How can I be responsible?
- Don’t let your self-prioritize you.
- Don’t blame the blame game.
- Time to Reflect
- Take Accountability
- Don’t Internalize Judgment
- Compassion for yourself is important.
- Keep an eye on excuses.
- Take responsibility to remove toxic people.
What are the 10 responsibilities of a child?
- Cooking A Meal
- Making Children’s Siblings Feel Better.
- Tending A Garden
- Cleaning The Car
- Doing Something About The Trash.
- Cleaning Up Their Households.
- Caring For Pets
- Helping With Organization
What are 3 examples of responsibility?
Some examples of responsibility include getting to work on time, taking care of children properly, paying rent or mortgages, and paying taxes.
What are responsibilities?
If something is within one’s power, control, or management, or if someone is responsible, accountable, or responsible, the state is the state or fact. You have the responsibility for this mess! Here is a particular burden on one who is responsible: the responsibility of authority.
What are 5 examples of responsibility?
- Legal Obligation
- Personal Responsibility. Your capabilities, talents, and resources must be used to be effective.
- Agency. Your ability to influence what happens to you as an agent.
- Moral Responsibility
- Contractual Obligations
- Social Role
How do you use responsibility in a sentence?
She has many family and work obligations to take care of. If you decide to leave, you must give the company two weeks’ notice. She will have much more responsibility in her new position. Environment protection is our responsibility.
What are examples of being irresponsible?
The fact that you did not pick your little brother up after school would prove your irresponsibility as a babysitter. Let your house plants die, forget to walk your dog, or leave water boiling on the stove all afternoon are examples of irresponsibility. Those who act irresponsibly possess this trait.
What is an antonym for responsible?
Antonyms. Responsibility irresponsibility irressibleness unreliableness undependableness responsible. Fiber answerability fault dependableness answerability reliability character irresponsible.
What is the simple definition of responsible?
1a: someone who is called on to answer. The primary cause, motive, or agent of a committee responsible for the task is b(1). Two circumstances contributed to the accident: mechanical defects, as the cause or explanation.
How do you say responsible for?
- answer for. phrasal verb. Recognizing responsibility for something.
- accept verb
- carry verb
- I accept/face the consequences. phrase.
- Do something that is meant to do. phrase.
- bear the responsibility. phrase.
- Take over (of) a phrase.
- take the lead. phrase.
What is the synonym responsible?
Responsible is commonly associated with accountable, amenable, accountable, and liable. All these words indicate “subject to being held accountable,” while responsible implies holding a specific office, duty, or trust.