Many words carry a similar definition to the term result.…
Many words carry a similar definition to the term result. Words like this are referred to as a result synonym. Knowing these can come in handy when writing a report, an article, or just expanding your vocabulary!
In this guide, we will discuss a list of result synonyms, complete with examples.
The Definition of Result
Result is a simple term that carries a complexity of meaning. Its most common definition is succeeding or achieving something. It can also refer to the result or the outcome of something.
The word result often denotes a purpose; in many cases, a result is a product of an action. A result can be a positive or negative outcome.
Now that you know its meaning, try writing down a few sentences using it. Here are a few sample sentences to get you started.
- The examination result was highly disappointing for those who failed to study.
- She had a broken leg resulting in her inability to participate in the race.
- When the fans saw the game’s results, they jumped in joy.
Result Synonym — Exploring Words with Similar Meanings
A consequence is what comes next after some event or action. It may be a result or an effect. Most times, it refers to a bad result.
- She suffered as a consequence of her decision not to exercise.
According to the dictionary, development is the change process in which something new or better is created or achieved.
- The recent developments in the study were very significant in finding a cure.
Product has a couple of different definitions. But mainly, a product is a result that is utilized or sold. The product can also be how to make or perform something.
- Her success is a product of years of persistence and hard work.
- Software products are very in demand right now.
A simple definition of a conclusion is the end of a process or an event. It can also be a decision reached after a process of questioning and reasoning.
- They came to the conclusion that their business was not worth the risk.
Result Antonyms — Exploring Words with Opposite Meanings
This term is far from related to results. They are the exact opposite. This refers to something in the present that determines or influences an outcome in the future to happen in a certain way.
- Their argument caused quite a scene at the restaurant.
The origin of something describes its beginning and the process of how and where it began. It also describes its appearance and form before it reached its current state.
- The origin of their marital problems is still unknown to us.
Commencement refers to the starting point of a project. It is often utilized in the context of signs or schedules and is synonymous with commencement day.
- A lot of people waited for the commencement of the controversial trial.
To Wrap Up
The terms mentioned in this guide are essential when exploring words with similar or opposite meanings. There is no one rule to follow regarding which term to choose for your next paper or essay. It will depend on your message. But you can utilize some of them interchangeably to avoid any redundancy.