We will look up the word achieve using our dictionary…
We will look up the word achieve using our dictionary and thesaurus. It is a familiar phrase in ordinary dialogues. To fully comprehend it, you must first grasp what it implies. Synonyms of achieve, antonyms, and examples will all be studied.
Before going on to synonyms and opposing terms, let’s summarize the meaning. So, without wasting any time, let’s get started with the meaning of this phrase.
Definition of Achieve
This word is a verb, and its noun form is achievement. Here are its known meanings:
- Bringing a thing to a satisfactory completion; carrying out; completing.
- Gaining or obtaining anything by hard work; gaining; obtaining.
- Bringing about the desired outcome; achieving a goal or effect.
- Getting to a desired result or goal.
Explanations may be complex to understand on their own terms. Because of this, we’ve included a few examples in this post, which you can find below.
- He worked hard, day and night, but he finally achieved what he aimed for!
- You, too, can achieve what you want. You only need dedication.
- She is an overachiever; she got into an Ivy League college at the age of sixteen!
- The teacher was pleasantly surprised to see that all of his students achieved good results.
- I didn’t blame anyone for the loss of my legs — I went out and achieved it anyway!
- People migrate from the third world because they think that even if they work hard, they won’t be able to achieve anything.
- She wants to achieve her goal of being a millionaire before reaching 30!
Synonyms of Achieve — Exploring Related Words
Comes from Latin attingere, which has the meaning of “to touch.”
- Well, I told you that you have to study hard to attain your dreams, didn’t I?
- It’s good to have goals, but make sure they are attainable! You aren’t going to be an astronaut after 30!
From the Latin phrase complere, meaning to complete.
- Get out there and accomplish something instead of sitting on this couch all day!
- When I get older, I want to be able to say something meaningful when they ask me what I have accomplished!
Antonyms for Achieve
From Latin fallere, which means to disappoint.
- You have failed our entire family and me with your shameful actions.
- The air conditioning just failed in the middle of July!
To Wrap Up
We hope that after reading this lesson, you have a better grasp of the term achieve. We searched for similar terms as well as the meaning of the term. Please let us know if there are any more terms you’d want us to investigate!
Frequently asked questions
What is the best antonym for achieve?
- give up
How do you use achieve in a sentence?
If one has the will to do so, it is possible to accomplish everything. Anyone can achieve success through hard work. Careers will allow him to reach great heights. The obstacle he faced allowed him to achieve his goal.
What does achieve mean example?
Doing something you intend to do is called accomplishing a goal or endeavoring something. Here is an example how you can achieve when you win a race you were running and wanted to win. verb. (intransitive) To succeed in something, especially academically.
What would you achieve in your life?
My goal is to have a healthy family, provide for the people I love, make a difference in a company where I work, stay healthy, etc. Of course all of these things require sacrifices, discipline, and hard work. To be honest, when I commit myself to my goals, I am happy making sacrifices and doing hard work.
What is the noun of achieve?
Word family (noun) achievement achiever underachiever / overachiever underachievement / achiever (adjective) achievable (verb) achieve underaccount / oversee.
What do I want achieve?
- Harmony in marriage and family.
- Mental and physical balance.
- Physical health commitment
- Passion for career and satisfaction.
- Develop empathy and gentleness.
- Financial Stability
- Social responsibility and service.
- Stress-Busting Leisure Time
How do you say the word achieve?
What is the meaning of antonyms?
Dictionary definition of this word: ANTONYM. A word with a meaning that is opposite to the meaning of another word. The antonyms heat and cold are both cold.
What is a antonym of achieve?
Antonyms. Defeat disorganize disorganise refrain succumb deteriorate disappear. Result in a successful completion.
What is another word for achieve success?
|make it||do well|
How do you use achieve?
As a result, he had achieved success. Both of them have achieved great results. The goal she attempted to achieve has been successful. Inflation could not be lower than 3%.
What are synonyms to achieve?
Among common synonyms of achieve are accomplish, discharge, effect, execute, fulfill, and perform.
What is the adjective of achieve?
Aiming for most achievable achievable goals.
What is synonyms and antonyms of brave?