We will look up the word achieve using our dictionary and thesaurus. It is a familiar phrase in ordinary dialogues. To fully comprehend it, you must first grasp what it implies. Synonyms of achieve, antonyms, and examples will all be studied.
Not satisfied with your copy? Rewrite it to make it better
Before going on to synonyms and opposing terms, let’s summarize the meaning. So, without wasting any time, let’s get started with the meaning of this phrase.
Definition of Achieve
This word is a verb, and its noun form is achievement. Here are its known meanings:
- Bringing a thing to a satisfactory completion; carrying out; completing.
- Gaining or obtaining anything by hard work; gaining; obtaining.
- Bringing about the desired outcome; achieving a goal or effect.
- Getting to a desired result or goal.
Explanations may be complex to understand on their own terms. Because of this, we’ve included a few examples in this post, which you can find below.
- He worked hard, day and night, but he finally achieved what he aimed for!
- You, too, can achieve what you want. You only need dedication.
- She is an overachiever; she got into an Ivy League college at the age of sixteen!
- The teacher was pleasantly surprised to see that all of his students achieved good results.
- I didn’t blame anyone for the loss of my legs — I went out and achieved it anyway!
- People migrate from the third world because they think that even if they work hard, they won’t be able to achieve anything.
- She wants to achieve her goal of being a millionaire before reaching 30!
Synonyms of Achieve — Exploring Related Words
Comes from Latin attingere, which has the meaning of “to touch.”
- Well, I told you that you have to study hard to attain your dreams, didn’t I?
- It’s good to have goals, but make sure they are attainable! You aren’t going to be an astronaut after 30!
From the Latin phrase complere, meaning to complete.
- Get out there and accomplish something instead of sitting on this couch all day!
- When I get older, I want to be able to say something meaningful when they ask me what I have accomplished!
Antonyms for Achieve
From Latin fallere, which means to disappoint.
- You have failed our entire family and me with your shameful actions.
- The air conditioning just failed in the middle of July!
To Wrap Up
We hope that after reading this lesson, you have a better grasp of the term achieve. We searched for similar terms as well as the meaning of the term. Please let us know if there are any more terms you’d want us to investigate!
Explore All Synonyms Articles
Happen Synonym Guide — Definition, Antonyms, and Examples
Are you looking to use happen synonym examples to spice up your writing? That’s not surprising. Not satisfied with your…
For Example Synonym Guide — Definition, Antonyms, and Examples
One of the best things you can do to improve as a writer is memorize the synonyms of your favorite…
Expectations Synonym Guide — Definition, Antonyms, and Examples
If you’re looking to use expectations synonym examples in your writing, you’re in luck. This article explores the various similar…
Environment Synonym Guide — Definition, Antonyms, and Examples
If you’re looking to use environment synonym examples in your writing, you’re in luck. This article explores the various synonyms…
Effective Synonym Guide — Definition, Antonyms, and Examples
If you’re looking to use effective synonym examples in your writing, you’re in luck. This article explores the various synonyms…
Discuss Synonym Guide — Definition, Antonyms, and Examples
As a writer, you should understand the essence of studying the synonyms of your favorite words. By doing so, you…