In our dictionary and thesaurus, we’ll check up on the…
In our dictionary and thesaurus, we’ll check up on the word demand. In everyday speech, this expression is used constantly. To use it appropriately, you must first grasp what it implies. We’ll study synonyms of demand, antonyms, and sentence samples.
First off, before moving on to synonyms and antonyms, we are going to start with this word’s definition.
Definition of Demand
Depending on the context, this phrase can either be a verb or a noun. We are sharing the common meanings of demand below:
- To make a legitimate request or claim as a right.
- Requesting something forcefully or immediately.
- Demanding something because it is correct, proper, or required.
- An immediate or critical need.
- The desire to buy, as well as the ability to do so.
- The number of products that customers will purchase at a certain price.
- Requisition, a formal request.
- Being desired or sought after for usage or purchase.
Ideas and definitions may be tough to comprehend on their own. To avoid any confusion, we wrote some example sentences below.
- Why are the petrol prices through the roof? Simple; supply is insufficient for the demand.
- You may think the idea of supply and demand is very easy. Although it is easy to understand, it is difficult to master.
- I had a terrible experience in your hotel, and I demand compensation!
- The government demands all firearms the citizens have.
Synonyms of Demand — Exploring Related Words
Origins of this phrase date back to Old Prussian nautin.
- We always buy things that we don’t need!
- He had the need for speed.
From the Old Norse, vanta.
- I want to be a millionaire!
- The wants of children are never-ending.
Antonyms of Demand
This phrase doesn’t have direct antonyms.
We hope you now have a clearer grasp of the term “demand” after following this lesson. Along with the definition of the term, we looked for some of the word’s similar terms as well. If there are any more terms you’d wish us to research, do let us know!
Frequently asked questions
Whats the difference between demand and supply?
Demand explains the consumer side of purchasing decisions, while supply relates to the seller’s desire to make a profit. Suppliers are able to offer their market products at specific price points during a certain time period as part of their supply schedules.
What is demand one word?
Demand (Entry 1 of 2) 1a : an act of demanding or asking with authority, particularly a demand for obedience. Is due or owed the demands of the workers’ union. 2 archaic : question. 4a economics: the ability to purchase a commodity or service the demand for quality day care.
What are the 20 antonyms?
What are some synonyms of demand?
Demand can be understood as claim, exact, or require. These words all mean “to ask or call for something as due or as necessary,” but demand implies peremptory and insistence, and often the right to submit requests that are to be regarded as commands.
What type of word is a demand?
As explained above, ‘demand’ can be a verb or a noun. Verbal usage: I need to see the manager. The bank must pay the mortgage.
What are the 5 examples of synonyms and antonyms?
|Boisterous||Lively, Exuberant||Quire, Restrained|
|Linger||Stay put, Remain||Vanish|
What is the opposite of demand and supply?
Economically, an excess supply or surplus market surplus or briefly surplus is a situation where the quantity of goods or services supplied is higher than the quantity demanded, and the price is above the equilibrium level determined by supply and demand.
What is the difference between supply and demand example?
Basically, supply refers to the production of commodity at certain prices that is available to buyers or consumers. It is the buyer’s desire, willingness, and ability to pay for the service or commodity.
What is the antonyms of supply?
Antonyms. Unitarian unshared individual fragmentation unfasten unilaterally.
What are the 4 types of demand?
- ii. Demand by organizations and industries.
- iv. Demand for durable and perishable goods.
- i. Demand among individuals and in the market.
- iii. Demand by autonomous systems and derives:.
- v. Demand for the short-term and long-term.
What is the antonym of demand?
Antonyms. Derequisition deregulate income nonpayment inexpensiveness cost.
What is the closest antonym for the word demand?
What are the 10 examples of antonyms?
- happy — wistful
- fast — slow
- hard — easy
- warm — cool
- young — elderly
- wise — foolish
- fat — slim
- early — late
What is demand and example?
When a consumer is hungry and purchases a slice of pizza, the first slice will have the greatest impact on their financial performance. Consumers become more satisfied with each additional slice, and utility declines. It is possible that the first slice will fetch a higher price.