We’ll look up the word element in our dictionary and thesaurus today. This is a common term in ordinary speech. You must first comprehend its meaning and use to use it properly. Synonyms of element, its antonyms, and sentence examples will also be discussed.
Not satisfied with your copy? Rewrite it to make it better
Before we go on to related words and antonyms, let’s wrap up with the meaning first. So, without giving too much away, let’s explore this term further.
Definition of Element
The word Element can describe a component or ingredient of a whole, or one of the pieces that may be broken down into a whole by analysis. It can also refer to one of a class of chemicals that cannot be chemically divided into simpler substances. Other definitions include:
- A natural habitat, a field of endeavor, the environment, and so forth.
- The fundamental principles of art, science, or other disciplines.
- One of the things originally thought to make up the material universe, generally earth, water, air, and fire.
- An entity that meets all of the criteria for membership to a set.
- Any information needed to identify the exact nature of an orbit and the position of a planet inside it at any given time.
- Any word, portion of a term, or set of letters that recurs with reasonably consistent meaning in numerous situations in a language.
Meanings can be baffling on their own. As a result, we’ve included a couple of sample phrases in this area.
- Although we use the word element differently today, elements referred to earth, wind, water, and fire in the past.
- Shut up, Donny; you are out of your element!
- Motorcyclists should be allowed to split lanes because they are exposed to the elements, unlike car drivers.
- Gentlemen, the criminal element in our fair city is out of control!
- In SWAT squads, a group of five officers is called an element.
- I did not know the name of the Eucharist’s bread and wine was element.
- Sustainability should be an essential element in our society.
- There are three elements of a basic sentence in English: subject, object, and verb.
- There are 118 elements in the periodic table; 98 of these elements occur naturally, while the rest are made in laboratories.
Synonyms of Element — Exploring Related Words
- Freedom of speech is the building block of any liberal democracy.
- Nouns are the building blocks of sentences.
Comes from Latin, componere. This means putting something together.
- Your taillights are out. They are an essential component for safety.
- The components of this chemical compound are explained below.
Comes from Latin circulus, which means circle.
- I am quiet because I am out of my circle. It feels a bit odd.
- She’s not accustomed to these kinds of circles.
Antonyms for Element
Element doesn’t have direct antonyms we can mention here.
We hope that after reading this tutorial, you better understand the term element. We looked up similar phrases and antonyms, as well as the definition of the term. Please let us know if you have any more words you wish us to write!
Explore All Synonyms Articles
Happen Synonym Guide — Definition, Antonyms, and Examples
Are you looking to use happen synonym examples to spice up your writing? That’s not surprising. Not satisfied with your…
For Example Synonym Guide — Definition, Antonyms, and Examples
One of the best things you can do to improve as a writer is memorize the synonyms of your favorite…
Expectations Synonym Guide — Definition, Antonyms, and Examples
If you’re looking to use expectations synonym examples in your writing, you’re in luck. This article explores the various similar…
Environment Synonym Guide — Definition, Antonyms, and Examples
If you’re looking to use environment synonym examples in your writing, you’re in luck. This article explores the various synonyms…
Effective Synonym Guide — Definition, Antonyms, and Examples
If you’re looking to use effective synonym examples in your writing, you’re in luck. This article explores the various synonyms…
Discuss Synonym Guide — Definition, Antonyms, and Examples
As a writer, you should understand the essence of studying the synonyms of your favorite words. By doing so, you…