We’ll look up the word element in our dictionary and…
We’ll look up the word element in our dictionary and thesaurus today. This is a common term in ordinary speech. You must first comprehend its meaning and use to use it properly. Synonyms of element, its antonyms, and sentence examples will also be discussed.
Before we go on to related words and antonyms, let’s wrap up with the meaning first. So, without giving too much away, let’s explore this term further.
Definition of Element
The word Element can describe a component or ingredient of a whole, or one of the pieces that may be broken down into a whole by analysis. It can also refer to one of a class of chemicals that cannot be chemically divided into simpler substances. Other definitions include:
- A natural habitat, a field of endeavor, the environment, and so forth.
- The fundamental principles of art, science, or other disciplines.
- One of the things originally thought to make up the material universe, generally earth, water, air, and fire.
- An entity that meets all of the criteria for membership to a set.
- Any information needed to identify the exact nature of an orbit and the position of a planet inside it at any given time.
- Any word, portion of a term, or set of letters that recurs with reasonably consistent meaning in numerous situations in a language.
Meanings can be baffling on their own. As a result, we’ve included a couple of sample phrases in this area.
- Although we use the word element differently today, elements referred to earth, wind, water, and fire in the past.
- Shut up, Donny; you are out of your element!
- Motorcyclists should be allowed to split lanes because they are exposed to the elements, unlike car drivers.
- Gentlemen, the criminal element in our fair city is out of control!
- In SWAT squads, a group of five officers is called an element.
- I did not know the name of the Eucharist’s bread and wine was element.
- Sustainability should be an essential element in our society.
- There are three elements of a basic sentence in English: subject, object, and verb.
- There are 118 elements in the periodic table; 98 of these elements occur naturally, while the rest are made in laboratories.
Synonyms of Element — Exploring Related Words
- Freedom of speech is the building block of any liberal democracy.
- Nouns are the building blocks of sentences.
Comes from Latin, componere. This means putting something together.
- Your taillights are out. They are an essential component for safety.
- The components of this chemical compound are explained below.
Comes from Latin circulus, which means circle.
- I am quiet because I am out of my circle. It feels a bit odd.
- She’s not accustomed to these kinds of circles.
Antonyms for Element
Element doesn’t have direct antonyms we can mention here.
We hope that after reading this tutorial, you better understand the term element. We looked up similar phrases and antonyms, as well as the definition of the term. Please let us know if you have any more words you wish us to write!
Frequently asked questions
What is example of antonym?
An antonym is a word that has the opposite meaning to another word. Small is a small size while big is referring to a large size. The word happy, a feeling of gladness, is an antonym of sad, if we mean sorrow. Nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs can all have antonyms.
What is the 10 Example of synonyms?
|amazing: astounding, surprising, stunning||fertile, fruitful, abundant, productive|
|brave: courageous, valiant, heroic||injured: damaged, wounded, harmed|
|cohesive: united, connected, close-knit||intelligent: brilliant, clever, smart|
|cunning: keen, sharp, slick||kindle: ignite, inflame, burn|
What is the synonym and antonym of element?
- building block,
What is the antonym of element?
An essential or characteristic component of something. whole. foreign land. entirety. total.
What is another name for the 4 elements?
In the early days, Empedocles proposed four elements: fire, earth, air, and water. They were called four root vegetables (*, rhizosauta).
What do you call an element?
Chemical element, or element, any substance that can’t be decomposed into simpler substances by ordinary chemical processes. Elements are the foundations of all matter.
What are the 50 examples of antonyms list?
- Advanced – Elementary
- Arrive – Depart
- Adult – Child
- Amateur – Professional
- Alive – Dead
- All – None
- Artificial – Natural
- Argue – Agree
What are the 50 examples of synonym?
|Help||I couldn’t help but do it.||Assist|
|Say||I won’t say anything to anyone.||Tell|
|Rich||We all dream of becoming rich.||Wealthy|
|Naughty||He is a naughty boy.||Mischievous|
Is water an element?
There are molecules in water that make up a compound. Water atoms are not the same. Water molecules are composed of hydrogen and oxygen atoms in the precise proportion of two hydrogens per one oxygen.
What is a sentence for element?
How to use elements in a sentence. There is a need for each element. As a result of the analysis, the atomic weight of the element has been determined. Everyone was surprised by it.
What are the 5 examples of synonyms and antonyms?
|Boisterous||Lively, Exuberant||Quire, Restrained|
|Linger||Stay put, Remain||Vanish|
What are antonyms write 20 examples?
- love and hate
- enemy and friend
- antonym and synonym
- happy and sad
- monarchy and democracy
- good and bad
- hi and bye
- truth and lie
What’s a name for an element?
Einsteinium (named after Albert Einstein), Californianium (nominated for California), Helium (namenamed for the sun god Helios), and calcium (names for the mineral calyx) are examples. Names are given to the elements by their official discoverers. An element must be verified to qualify for its name.
What are synonyms and antonyms?
Key Takeaways. Synonyms are words that have the same, or almost, the same meaning as another word. Anonymous terms are words that have the opposite meaning of another word. Synonyms are important to your writing.
What are the 10 examples of antonyms?
- young — elderly
- fast — slow
- early — late
- fat — slim
- hard — easy
- warm — cool
- wise — foolish
- happy — wistful