We’ll look up the word fast in our thesaurus and…
We’ll look up the word fast in our thesaurus and dictionary. This expression frequently appears in everyday speech. You can’t use it correctly if you don’t fully understand what it implies. We’ll review synonyms of fast, antonyms, and sentence samples.
Before we go on to synonyms and antonyms, let’s review the definition. So, without any further delays, we’ll crack on with the meaning of this word.
Definition of Fast
This word can either be a verb, an adjective, or an adverb. In this post, we will touch on all the uses of this word. Here are the definitions that we associate with this phrase.
- Moving or having the ability to move; quick; swift; rapid operation, function, or take effect.
- Completed in a brief period of time; taking a brief period of time.
- Or taking into account Daylight Saving Time.
- Suited for permitting, encouraging, or imparting rapid movement.
- Characterized by immoral behavior or a lack of morals, especially in sexual relationships; loose; wanton.
- A voluntary restriction on one’s food intake, especially when done as a religious practice.
Now that we know the meaning, we are going to write down some example sentences, including the phrase fast:
- We can’t play that fast.
- I could eat fast food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
- They are accustomed to traveling fast.
- You are playing fast and loose, Jimmy!
- He’s doing alright for himself. He bought a new fast sports car!
- I’m tired of driving fast everywhere.
- Did you know that Muslims fast for an entire month?
Synonyms of Fast — Exploring Related Words
Rapid or Rapidly
- This city has an incredible rapid transit system. I never needed my car while I was here!
- This water rises rapidly and rushes ashore, destroying almost everything in its path, including vehicles, trees, and anything else.
Quick or Quickly
- She is a quick learner. She’ll master English in a matter of weeks.
- Come here, quickly! Hurry!
Antonyms of Fast
- If we keep going this slow, we’ll be there next year!
- You are too slow, try to keep up!
To Wrap Up
We hope you now have a better idea of the term fast after reading this article. We looked for similar terms, antonyms, and, naturally, the word’s meaning. If you have any more words you’d like us to write, please let us know!
Frequently asked questions
What are synonym of fast?
A quick, swift, rapid move. Brisk, nimble, sprightly, lively. Turbo, fast-moving, fast, fast. It’s crazy, burning, blistering, pell-mell, meteoric, smart. hasty, hurried.
What are the 5 examples of antonyms?
- early — late
- fat — slim
- wise — foolish
- hard — easy
- warm — cool
- fast — slow
- young — elderly
- happy — wistful
What is the example of antonym?
Anonyms are words with opposite meanings. In terms of good and bad, say. Synonyms are words that are similar in meaning. That’s tiny & small, for example.
How do you use antonyms?
My friend’s dress was elaborate, not plain, like mine. To be an antonym, one must refer to the opposite of another word. Noel wasn’t looking forward to going to the dentist. Don’t forget to use antonyms to determine the meaning of words.
Is fast an adjective?
Grammar > Confusion prone words > Fast, quick or quickly? Fast and quick mean you are moving at great speed. This is both an adjective and an adverb. There is a form of adjective quick and an adverb form is fast.
What are the 3 types of antonyms?
- An auto-antonym is a word that has two meanings, including one that has both opposite meanings.
- Termological complements: As opposed to direct or contradictory antonyms, complementary antagonists are words that are identical in nature.
What is the opposite slow?
Slow Word’s synonyms. Antonym. Slow. Fast, Quick, Rapid. English Grammar contains a list of more Antonym and Synonym.
Is fast food one word?
Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary, Merriam Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.org/dictionary/fast-food.
What mean fast?
: fast or moving : swift a horse. (2) Taking a relatively short while to complete a fast race. (3) Fast bowlers are imparting speed of motion. Worked in a fast and efficient manner (4). (5) : agile of mind especially : easy to learn a class for fast students.
What are the type of antonyms?
The three types of antonyms are Relational Antonyms, Graded Antonym, and Complementary Antonym.
What is the antonym of child?
|Child||Grownup, Parent, Adult, Grown up|
|Get definition and list of more Antonym and Synonym in English Grammar.|
What type of word is fast?
A fast adjective and an adverb are both adjectives. The adverb fast is an adjective and the verb is quick. ….
What are 3 antonyms for fast?
What are antonyms words?
An antonym is a word whose meaning is opposite to another word’s. An antonym is a word that has a meaning that completely cancels out another word’s meaning in this thesaurus.
What is a antonyms of fast?
“Facting” or moving, or acting or moving swiftly. Antonyms. Unrelenting slowness, looseness, dumb unintelligent.