We will examine the word grateful using our thesaurus and…
We will examine the word grateful using our thesaurus and dictionary. In regular conversation, this term isn’t used very frequently. To use it appropriately, you must first grasp what it implies. We’ll investigate synonyms of grateful, its antonyms, and example sentences that include this word and other related phrases.
Without further ado, let’s start with the definition of this phrase, shall we?
Definition of Grateful
Grateful is an adjective. The phrase originates from Latin gratus, which means pleasing in that language. Here are the definitions that we associate with this expression.
- Sincerely or warmly appreciative for the favors or advantages received.
- Showing or being motivated by gratitude.
- Agreeable; welcomed; pleasing to the mind or senses.
- Respectful of the benefits obtained.
- Pleasing due to the comfort provided or discomfort reduced.
On their own, explanations could be challenging to understand. In this article, we’ve given a few examples to help you along with a solution.
- Thanks a lot, sir. I am very grateful for the opportunity.
- A guy helped me on the highway. I was so grateful he showed up!
- She said her favorite band was The Grateful Dead.
Synonyms of Grateful — Exploring Related Words
Similar terms for grateful include thankful, appreciative, obliged, obligated, beholden, and filled with gratitude.
Thank is an English phrase through and through, and this related expression is thank with the -ful suffix.
- Oh my God, I am so thankful that you came!
- It’s good to be thankful for things that you already have.
Comes from Latin placere, to please.
- I didn’t really want to go out tonight, but I am so pleased I did.
- Mr. Jenkins, so pleased to see you.
Antonyms of Grateful
- After everything that I have done for you, you are going to walk over me like that? What an ungrateful brat you are!
- After the Industrial Revolution, humans have become very ungrateful towards mother nature!
To Wrap Up
We hope you now have a better idea of the term grateful after reading this article. We looked for synonyms, antonyms, and, naturally, the word’s meaning. If you have any more words you’d like us to write, please let us know!
Frequently asked questions
What is an example of grateful?
The person who cooked for you is an example of gratitude. I am thankful for your good health. The person who cleans your house is appreciated. An acknowledgement of your junior at work for taking the initiative to ease your workload.
What are you most grateful for in life answer?
- The bank has some money to thank me.
- My Health Is Grateful.
- Water That Gets Grateful For Taking Care Of.
- I am grateful for my family.
- A healthy source of food is important to me.
- My Home Grateful To Me.
- My mistakes have made me embarrassed.
What type of word is grateful?
Grateful is an adjective for the Word Type.
Is there a word grateful?
Despite its meaning, greatful isn’t a word. Greatful and grateful sound the same, but only grateful holds “word status” and has an actual definition. It is an incorrect spelling of grateful and is not a word at all. Consequently, it should be avoided universally.
What are the 20 antonyms?
What are 3 things you are grateful for?
- Feeling emotions
- I have food
- Freedom of expression
- Air you breathe
- Kindness of strangers
- It was a time when experiences changed you.
- Being alive
What is another synonym for grateful?
Beholden, indebted, pleased, thankful, acceptable, favorable, good, gratifying, obliged, comfortable, comforting, congenial, consoling, delectable, delicious, delightful, desirable,.
What are 10 examples of synonyms and antonyms?
|Boisterous||Lively, Exuberant||Quire, Restrained|
|Linger||Stay put, Remain||Vanish|
What is the opposite graceful?
As opposed to smooth and graceful movements. awkward. clumsy. ungainly. ungraceful.
What does grateful mean?
The appreciation of gratitude is a positive emotion that involves gratitude and appreciative behavior and is associated with several mental and physical health benefits. It makes you feel grateful for something or someone in your life and respond with feelings of kindness, kindness, and warmth.
What are the 10 examples of antonyms?
- warm — cool
- fat — slim
- happy — wistful
- hard — easy
- wise — foolish
- young — elderly
- fast — slow
- early — late
How can I be grateful?
- Keep a gratitude journal.
- Remember the Bad
- Three questions to ask yourself.
- A Prayer of Gratitude.
- Is this what you want?
- Use Visual Reminders
- Make a commitment to gratitude.
- Watch your Language
What is the synonym and antonym of graceful?
Grsf*l) Insisting on taste, ease, and wealth. Antonyms. Unmelted opaque frozen content. elegant refined.