We’ll take our thesaurus and dictionary to explore the word…
We’ll take our thesaurus and dictionary to explore the word perfect. This expression recurrently shows up in colloquial conversation. You must first fathom what it represents in order to use it accurately. There will be an inquiry on synonyms of perfect, its antonyms, and sentence samples.
Definition of Perfect
Perfect, depending on the context, can either be an adjective, a noun, or a verb. Although the adjective form is the most frequent, the other uses are still utilized commonly.
- Complete adherence to the outline or definition of the ideal kind.
- Beyond any possible theoretical or practical improvement, outstanding.
- Precisely meeting the requirements in a specific circumstance or for a specific purpose.
- Absolutely without any imperfections, flaws, or limitations.
- Precise, exact, or entirely accurate.
- Pure or undisturbed.
- Something that is exact or unqualified.
- Describing a tense or other verb structure that has this meaning.
- To make something immaculate or exquisite; to bring something to perfection.
We know what this phrase means in a general sense, so we will further develop our usage of it.
- This meal was the perfect way to end this fantastic day!
- Why would you ruin such a perfect car with these tasteless modifications?
- I have always found it difficult to fully understand the past perfect tense in English.
Synonyms of Perfect — Exploring Related Words
Flaw comes from the phrase flaga in Norwegian, which means strong gusts of wind.
- She beat her opponent flawlessly.
- Oh my God, she is my favorite actress; she is just flawless.
Comes from the Latin expression peccare to sin.
- This 69′ Mustang is in impeccable condition, and I want the new owner to keep it that way!
- Why are you afraid of making mistakes? None of us are impeccable!
Antonyms for Perfect
- I love you with all of your imperfections. Stop staring at the mirror.
- Look, I can’t use an imperfect photo as marketing material.
To Wrap Up
We hope you now have a better idea of the termperfect after reading this article. We looked for synonyms, antonyms, and, naturally, the word’s meaning. If you have any more words you’d like us to write, please let us know!
Frequently asked questions
What is the opposite of prefect?
As opposed to precisely accurate or correct. imprecise. imperfect. defective. deficient.
What’s a synonym for perfect example?
paragon. perfect model. perfect type. perfection. Look up to.
How do you say perfect?
What is the synonym of very perfect?
pristine, flawless, immaculate, superb, superlative, prime, optimal, peak, excellent, faultless, as sound as a bell, unspoiled, unsettled, undamaged, spotless, un. informal tip-top, A1.
What is the synonym of example?
Examples of examples include case, illustration, instance, sample, and specimen. All these words suggest “something which has distinguishing characteristics in its category.” An example refers to a typical, representative, or illustrative instance.
What is close to perfect?
|near perfect||all but perfect|
|almost perfect||as good as perfect|
|nigh on perfect||not far from perfect|
What do you mean by perfect?
Here is the definition of perfect (Entry 1 of 3) 1a : being completely without fault or defect : flawless and perfect diamond. b) : satisfying all requirements : accurate. c : corresponds to an ideal standard or abstract concept, a perfect gentleman. d : faithful reproduction of the original : perfect.
What is another word for not perfect?
One word for imperfect 1 is defective, faulty. 2 incomplete, underdeveloped; immature.
What is the sentence of perfect?
Learn how to use Perfect in a sentence. It’s the best I’ve ever met, I think. Stillness was perfect. She had a perfect opportunity to test her theory.
What is the antonyms of perfect?
Impregnable, however, is the opposite of perfect.
What is good example?
An example, an example, a model of success, “a model for clarity,” “he is the very model of a modern major general”. Ideal – the idea that you can make something perfect; something you wish to achieve.
What is the opposite of picture perfect?
Unfinished, wanting, incorrect, spoiled, reproachable, faulty, bad, vitiated, fallible, deficient, inexact, inadequate, malformed, defaced, imprecise, broken.