Today, we’ll look at our dictionary and thesaurus to search…
Today, we’ll look at our dictionary and thesaurus to search up the word think. This is a common word in everyday conversation. To correctly use it, you must first understand its meaning. Synonyms of think, antonyms, and sentence examples will all be covered.
Let’s finish with the meaning before moving on to related terms and antonyms. Therefore, avoiding revealing too much, we will start with the definition of this phrase.
Definition of Think
- Having a form of an idea in the mind, conception.
- Using one’s mind logically and objectively in evaluating or dealing with a particular circumstance.
- Having in one’s mind in order to comprehend, recall, or understand anything else.
- Something that has to do with pondering or contemplating.
- Having a judgment or opinion on something or someone.
- Considering something until you come to a conclusion; reasoning to comprehend or solve a problem.
On their own, meanings can be perplexing. As a consequence, we’ve provided a few examples in this section.
- Think of all the people that never tasted a tomato before the discovery of the New World!
- I am thinking of taking a year off, traveling South America.
- You probably don’t think very highly of me, I can understand that.
- For second, think that you are a child in Africa. What would you do?
- The more I think about this, the more I realize that you were right!
- To think that I was feeling something for him, makes me sick now!
- I sometimes think what English sounds like for non-English speakers!
- Think of saying that to a woman who just lost her husband!
- You don’t have to decide now, think it through.
- Want to see a magic trick? Think about a number, any number.
- I am thinking he just guessed it and picked the right one.
- He is thinking of a plan, let him do his work.
- She made a deliberate attempt to kill you, don’t even think twice about this.
- I have never thought of that, but yeah, you are right!
- I don’t know, when he told me that she knew you, I thought he was a friend!
- He didn’t do that, because he thought about the consequences of my actions!
Synonyms of Think — Exploring Related Words
From Latin, considerare, which means observing.
- Consider the weight of your words before uttering them.
- I guess he didn’t even consider me as a viable candidate.
- Consider this: you are a woman in Salem during the witch trials. What would you do?
Originally from Latin imaginare, which means representation.
- Can you even imagine being in Hiroshima on August 6, 1945?
- Imagine is my favorite song from John Lennon.
Comes from Old High German, gilouben, which means the same thing.
- I believe he is from Germany, but you might want to ask him to be sure.
- Can you believe she dumped him on their wedding day!
After reading this lesson, we hope you have a better understanding of the term think. We searched for synonyms and antonyms for the term, as well as the definition. If you have any more words you’d want us to check, please let us know!
Frequently asked questions
How do you use think in a sentence?
Your future should be in mind, though. Tom doesn’t think it’ll rain tomorrow. [M] [T] I think it’s time for me to change my plans. I think it is time to go back to work.
What is the antonym of pathetically?
It is opposite of melancholy or unhappiness. cheery. glad. happy. cheerful.
What is example of antonym?
An antonym is a word which has the opposite meaning as another word. The word small means small, while the word big means large. Happy means gladness or sadness, which is an antonym for sorrow. Almost all verbs, adjectives, and adverbs can also have anonyms, although not always do.
What are the 20 antonyms?
What are antonyms for think?
What is the acronym think?
THINK. The Kind that is helpful and helpful.
What is the opposite word of thing?
The opposite direction of an event or occurrence. nonevent. nonissue. non-event.
What do you think meaning?
Who are you and what do you think?
What is a opposite word?
To describe opposite words. A word that expresses a meaning opposed to the meaning of another word, which makes the two words antonyms of each other.
What is the synonym of think?
A common synonym of think is conceive, envisage, imagine, fancy, imagine and realize. Though all of these words mean “to form an idea,” think implies the entrance of an idea into one’s mind without deliberate consideration or reflection.
What is a good word for I think?
- The truth is, I do not believe it.
- My belief
- I honestly believe that/I honestly think..
- In my opinion
- My way of thinking/My way of acting.
- I disagree with you..
- I believe that…
- I find it to be more authoritative than this sentence.
How do you say think?
Are synonyms and antonyms?
Synonyms are words that have the same meaning as another word, or nearly the same. Anonyms are words that have the opposite meaning of another word. Synonyms make the difference in your writing.
What are the 10 examples of antonyms?
- fast — slow
- fat — slim
- hard — easy
- warm — cool
- early — late
- wise — foolish
- happy — wistful
- young — elderly
What is another word for thinking deeply?