Today, we’ll look at our dictionary and thesaurus to search up the word think. This is a common word in everyday conversation. To correctly use it, you must first understand its meaning. Synonyms of think, antonyms, and sentence examples will all be covered.
Let’s finish with the meaning before moving on to related terms and antonyms. Therefore, avoiding revealing too much, we will start with the definition of this phrase.
Definition of Think
- Having a form of an idea in the mind, conception.
- Using one’s mind logically and objectively in evaluating or dealing with a particular circumstance.
- Having in one’s mind in order to comprehend, recall, or understand anything else.
- Something that has to do with pondering or contemplating.
- Having a judgment or opinion on something or someone.
- Considering something until you come to a conclusion; reasoning to comprehend or solve a problem.
On their own, meanings can be perplexing. As a consequence, we’ve provided a few examples in this section.
- Think of all the people that never tasted a tomato before the discovery of the New World!
- I am thinking of taking a year off, traveling South America.
- You probably don’t think very highly of me, I can understand that.
- For second, think that you are a child in Africa. What would you do?
- The more I think about this, the more I realize that you were right!
- To think that I was feeling something for him, makes me sick now!
- I sometimes think what English sounds like for non-English speakers!
- Think of saying that to a woman who just lost her husband!
- You don’t have to decide now, think it through.
- Want to see a magic trick? Think about a number, any number.
- I am thinking he just guessed it and picked the right one.
- He is thinking of a plan, let him do his work.
- She made a deliberate attempt to kill you, don’t even think twice about this.
- I have never thought of that, but yeah, you are right!
- I don’t know, when he told me that she knew you, I thought he was a friend!
- He didn’t do that, because he thought about the consequences of my actions!
Synonyms of Think — Exploring Related Words
From Latin, considerare, which means observing.
- Consider the weight of your words before uttering them.
- I guess he didn’t even consider me as a viable candidate.
- Consider this: you are a woman in Salem during the witch trials. What would you do?
Originally from Latin imaginare, which means representation.
- Can you even imagine being in Hiroshima on August 6, 1945?
- Imagine is my favorite song from John Lennon.
Comes from Old High German, gilouben, which means the same thing.
- I believe he is from Germany, but you might want to ask him to be sure.
- Can you believe she dumped him on their wedding day!
After reading this lesson, we hope you have a better understanding of the term think. We searched for synonyms and antonyms for the term, as well as the definition. If you have any more words you’d want us to check, please let us know!
Explore All Synonyms Articles
Are you looking to use happen synonym examples to spice up your writing? That’s not surprising. As a writer, it’s…
One of the best things you can do to improve as a writer is memorize the synonyms of your favorite…
If you’re looking to use expectations synonym examples in your writing, you’re in luck. This article explores the various similar…
If you’re looking to use environment synonym examples in your writing, you’re in luck. This article explores the various synonyms…
If you’re looking to use effective synonym examples in your writing, you’re in luck. This article explores the various synonyms…
As a writer, you should understand the essence of studying the synonyms of your favorite words. By doing so, you…