It’s common to use the word “technique” to describe a certain way of doing something. But have you ever thought of what other words can replace the term?
Not satisfied with your copy? Rewrite it to make it better
Knowing the synonyms of as many words as possible is important to convey your message better. Here’s a simple technique synonym guide to enrich your writing capabilities with similar and opposite terms.
The Definition of Technique
According to the English Dictionary, the word “technique” is a noun. It refers to a process of carrying out a particular task, especially one that requires some art or skill in a specific field. It can also refer to the skill needed to carry out such an activity.
- You can tell he has experience from observing his technique.
- Laura developed a cool technique of getting her dog to do tricks.
- I won’t question your technique as long as it works.
Technique Synonym — Exploring Words with Similar Meanings
It comes from the Greek methodos, meaning “pursuit of knowledge.” It refers to a particular process, usually organized, for getting something done or attaining something.
- I was not familiar with the method she used to solve the problem.
- The LCM method was new to me.
‘Approach’ comes from the Latin appropiare, meaning “draw near.” It refers to a certain way of approaching, doing, or carrying something out.
- She employed a different approach from mine.
- The new approach of management was hard to get used to.
‘Procedure’ comes from the Latin verb prōcēdere, meaning “to advance.” It refers to a particular approach to doing or approaching something, which is the official or widely accepted way of doing it.
- I have to get done with the legal procedure first.
- The medical procedure was taxing on the doctors.
‘Process’ originates from the Latin verb procedere, which means “to go forward, proceed.” It refers to a series of steps taken to achieve a particular end result.
- You have to trust the process!
- The process was challenging but worth it.
‘System’ comes from the Greek systēma, meaning “set up, composition.” It refers to a set of components that work together in a unified process to get something done.
- The power outage caused the entire system to go down.
- It took time for me to adapt to the system.
Technique Antonyms — Exploring Words with Opposite Meanings
‘Unskillfulness’ comes from the prefix un- meaning “not” and the Old Norse word skil, which means “distinction.” It refers to a lack of dexterity, experience, or proficiency in something.
- His unskillfulness was evident on the first day.
- The man was laid off due to unskillfulness.
‘Incompetence’ comes from the Late Latin word incompetentem, meaning “insufficient.” It refers to the lack of ability to do something properly, successfully, or skillfully.
- His incompetence lost us the deal.
- We missed our deadline due to her incompetence.
‘Incoordination’ comes from the prefix in- meaning “not” and from Latin co- meaning “together” and ordinare, meaning “arrange.” It refers to a lack of harmony or the inability to integrate or work together for an efficient process.
- The dancer’s incoordination tainted the performance.
- The task force’s incoordination was utterly disappointing.
‘Inability’ refers to the lack of energy, power, capability, or means to achieve, attain or do something.
- His inability to stay calm in stressful situations proved troublesome.
- Sarah’s inability to finish the task got her disqualified.
The term “inefficiency” refers to the quality, state, or act of not being able to do something with maximum productive capacity. A person is inefficient when he does things by wasting time, energy, or other resources.
- My colleague’s inefficiency is frustrating.
- Dylan was given a warning letter for his inefficiency.
To Wrap Up
In this technique synonym guide, we have learned the definition, synonyms, and antonyms of the word “technique.” Hopefully, it will aid you in all your future writing endeavors and allow you to show off your newly refined vocabulary prowess.
Explore All Synonyms Articles
Are you looking to use happen synonym examples to spice up your writing? That’s not surprising. As a writer, it’s…
One of the best things you can do to improve as a writer is memorize the synonyms of your favorite…
If you’re looking to use expectations synonym examples in your writing, you’re in luck. This article explores the various similar…
If you’re looking to use environment synonym examples in your writing, you’re in luck. This article explores the various synonyms…
If you’re looking to use effective synonym examples in your writing, you’re in luck. This article explores the various synonyms…
As a writer, you should understand the essence of studying the synonyms of your favorite words. By doing so, you…