Our thoughts are what shape behavior in terms of what…
Our thoughts are what shape behavior in terms of what we do, the direction we take, and where we go. It’s amazing that there are so many words that can describe something abstract. If you’re having difficulty finding a thought synonym, fret not.
We’ve created a comprehensive list that will help you understand these synonyms in different contexts.
What is the Definition of Thought?
Thought refers to a concept or opinion created by thinking. It can also describe the process of thinking.
- The thought of winning the contest thrilled him.
- His disappointment was immeasurable because he thought he was going to win the contest.
Thought Synonym – Exploring Words with Similar Meanings
There are many alternatives to the word thought. Each thought synonym listed here differs in context and will have different applications. Some similar terms will be more appropriate in certain contexts than others.
Refers to a thought or a suggestion related to a possible course of action. It can also refer to information on a given topic.
- I have an idea of how to write my articles more efficiently.
- Do you have an idea where I can improve my writing style?
Refers to a vague understanding of something.
- The notion of right and wrong vary between cultural backgrounds.
- Not all movie directors accept the notion that violence has a harmful effect on viewers.
Perception is an individual’s understanding of a thing based on what he experiences through the senses. This takes into account the individual differences that exist as a result of different experiences.
- Andy has a poor perception of Henry because they fought in college.
- Gabriel has a positive perception of Henry because they were teammates on their high school basketball team.
- The patient’s negative perception of ducks stems from a traumatic childhood experience.
A concept is a building block for a principle. It is a structured thought that can also serve as a plan of action. In a creative context, a concept is a general basis for what you want the finished product to be like.
- It’s not uncommon for car manufacturers to apply last year’s experimental concepts as the primary basis for newer consumer models.
- Sustainable energy is the main concept behind the demand for solar panels and electric vehicles.
An opinion represents a person’s subjective feelings regarding a particular topic. It can also refer to an estimation of the quality of someone or something.
- I tend to have a high opinion of people who are well-mannered and well-dressed.
- The opinions of news reporters do not reflect the opinions of the network.
Thought Antonyms — Exploring Words with Opposite Meanings
Another way to understand a word is through its opposite meaning. Here are some antonyms to help you gain a better grasp of the word thought.
Refers to a lack of concern, interest, or thought of something.
- Suppressing emotions and displaying apathy are two different things.
- Apathy can be an indication of a neurological disorder.
Refers to a lack of attention. It can also refer to a state of being distracted.
- Even a moment of inattention can cause a car accident.
- The inattention he displayed in class was disrespectful.
Neglect refers to the failure to care about something or someone. This often involves a responsibility to a task or a person. It also refers to the state of being forgotten.
- He neglected his duties. They never even crossed his mind.
- The house was neglected beyond repair. It was as if the owner had never thought about it.
A lack of interest, concern, or sympathy. It is often used to describe a reaction to an emotional stimulus.
- She felt indifferent even as he was crying in front of her.
- Be careful when writing about political issues, but don’t show indifference either.
The state or action of ignoring something or someone.
- His disregard for the rules almost cost them the game.
- Please disregard my previous message.
The depth of the English language entails that it takes more than just a Thesaurus to find the right related terms for a word. It’s important to understand the subtle contextual differences between these words, so we can use them in the best possible way. Remember, there’s always a better way to write and there’s always a better word to use.
Frequently asked questions
What’s another word for thought up?
|come up with||conceived of|
|put together||cooked up|
How do you write a guide?
Keep your Guide written in plain English to make your content as appealing as possible. It is important for you to organize your content so that the most important information is at the top of the page. Break content up into sections that are easy to read. Headings serve as a guide for users to navigate content.
Which is the best antonym for the word guide?
- leave alone
What is the opposite short?
“Long” or “tall” can both be opposites to’short”. In terms of length, it is used according to the definition of “long.”.
What is an antonym for guidance?
Antonyms. Approval approval unsatisfied discontented disappointment unhappy.
What is this word thought?
The definition of thought (Entry 1 of 2). An act or product of thinking that contains the following:. In a developed intention or plan, there was no intention of leaving home. The meaning of c is: something (such as an opinion or belief) that he freely expresses.
What is a synonym for thought of?
Think-about synonyms. treated. advised. contemplated. designed.
What is opposite of prayer?
The prayer opposite the divine blessing. anathema. curse. execration. imprecation.
What is a opposite word?
Words opposite of one another. An antonym of a word that expresses a meaning opposed to the meaning of another word.
What is the opposite of thoughts?
What’s another word for good thoughts?
On this page we have 11 synonyms, anonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for positive thinking, such as, bright outlook, optimism, pollyannaism, bullishness, positive attitude, ros.
What is the synonyms and antonyms of thought?
In general, thought can be defined by concepts like conception, concept, idea, impression, and notion.
What is the synonym of guide?
Guides are frequently referred to as engineer, lead, pilot, and steer. Guides may suggest having intimate knowledge of the way and all its difficulties and dangers, as all of these words mean “to direct in a course or show the way to be followed.”. Guided scouts through the cave.
What is the same meaning of thought?
Thinking, reasoning, contemplation, musing, pondering, consideration, reflection, introspection, deliberation, study, reflections, cogitation, meditation, brooding, considering, reverie.