Who doesn’t love a good trivia night? It’s a great way to bond with friends and family. Plus, you get to learn some pretty cool things! If you’re running low on trivia questions, we’ve got you covered. We’ve prepared a long list of fun questions and answers that you can try with your friends.
We’ve got questions from different categories like Movies, Animals, General Knowledge; you name it. If you fancy yourself a trivia master, you’re going to get a kick out of these questions.
Tips for Creating a Great Trivia Quiz
Before you look at the fun questions and answers we’ve prepared, here are a few tips to remember when preparing for trivia night.
- Decide on the categories you’ll use. You want to think about the people joining you. What are their interests? This will help you choose categories that they will truly enjoy.
- Vary the categories. Try to add a bit of variation by using different categories. This will help keep your game exciting.
- Don’t make it too tough. It’s best to have different levels of difficulty for your questions. Start with the easy ones and slowly climb up to the hardest.
- Keep track of scores. Assign someone to record the scores for the game, so everyone can focus on enjoying the game.
- Get the prizes ready. What is a game with no prizes? Prepare enticing prizes that will encourage everyone to bring their best game!
Fun Questions and Answers for Trivia Night
These general knowledge questions are great for starting your trivia night. Your friends are bound to know the answers to some of these questions.
- The former name of Meta Platforms Inc. is?
- Which English city is known as Steel City?
- In 1997, which former British colony was given back to China?
- What animal is on the logo for Porsche?
- Which element is believed to keep bones strong?
- What does the CIA mean?
- What fruit is at the top of the Wimbledon tennis trophy for the men’s category?
- Hematology is the study of what?
- What is the main ingredient used to make guacamole?
- The UK’s interest rates are determined by which body?
- How many lives is believed a cat to have?
- Which author created the characters Randall Flag, Jack Torrance, and John Coffey?
- The World Scouting Movement was founded by whom?
- Which country elected Scott Morrison as Prime Minister in 2018?
- What is a female elephant called?
- In which country is Franz Josef Strauss Airport located?
- Which religion applies the spiritual teaching of Guru Nanak?
- When is Bastille Day celebrated in France?
- Cape Town in South Africa is overlooked by which mountain?
Animal trivia is always an interesting category. These questions may seem simple, but they can lead to some interesting discussions between friends.
- Which mammal famously has the most powerful bite in the world?
- What do male penguins often gift to female penguins to win their affection?
- How long does it take a pregnant elephant before it gives birth?
- What are the only two mammals in the world that are known to lay eggs?
- Why do flamingos have a pink color?
- Through which part of its body does a dog sweat?
- How big is the size of a newborn kangaroo?
- From how far can a wolf smell its prey?
- What animal is known to spend 90% of its day sleeping?
- What is the color of a giraffe’s tongue?
Here are some classic geography questions that are sure to get your friends thinking:
- How many minutes in a day are there?
- The largest ocean in the world is?
- Who was the tallest man ever recorded?
- How many rivers are located in Africa?
- How many seconds are there in a single day?
- What is the name of the third-longest river in Africa?
- Where would you find the “Spanish Steps”?
- In what city in Canada is the Big Nickel located?
- How many states does Ghana have?
- How many days are there in a leap year?
Movie buffs are bound to enjoy this category. It’s a combination of questions from the classics to more recent films.
- What year was The Godfather first released?
- Who is the actor that won an Academy Award for best actor for the films Philadelphia (1993) and Forrest Gump (1994)?
- Which popular 1982 film was about a relationship between a young, fatherless suburban boy and a lost, homesick visitor from another planet?
- Which actress played Nebula in Avengers: Infinity War and was a former Doctor Who character?
- Who was the actress who played the role of Mary Poppins in the 1964 film classic Mary Poppins?
- Charles Bronson appeared in what 1963 classic film?
- What film is the highest-grossing film of all time?
- For what movie did Steven Spielberg win his first Academy Award for Best Director?
- Who voiced Nemo in the popular animated film Finding Nemo in 2003?
- What is the name of the prisoner dubbed “the most violent prisoner in Britain” that was featured in a 2009 film?
All Things Food
How about some food trivia to get their mouths watering and their minds thinking? Try including these random food trivia in your quiz!
- What is the rarest color in M&Ms?
- What are dried plums commonly called?
- Which country has the highest consumption of chocolate per capita?
- What is the name of Indian food cooked over charcoal in a clay oven?
- The first soft drink in space?
- What manufactured drink is the most consumed worldwide?
- What is the only edible food that never goes bad?
- Where was ice cream invented?
- Hendrick’s and Seagram’s are some of the best-selling brands of which type of spirit?
- Where did Gouda cheese originate?
- Hong Kong
- Central Intelligence Agency
- South America
- The blood
- Bank of England
- Stephen King
- Robert Baden-Powell
- 14th July
- Table Mountain
- A pebble
- 22 Months
- The anteater and the duck-billed platypus
- Because of their diet of algae, shrimps, and crustaceans
- Its paws
- 1 inch
- Almost 2 miles
- 1440 minutes
- Pacific Ocean
- Robert Pershing Wadlow
- 86400 seconds
- River Niger
- Rome, Italy
- Sudbury, Ontario
- 16 states
- 366 days
- Tom Hanks
- E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
- Karen Gillan
- Julie Andrews
- The Great Escape
- Schindler’s List
- Alexander Gould
- Charles Bronson (the film was titled, Bronson)
All Things Food
Trivia games are a great way to bring people together and break the ice. Be smart about how you word your questions and keep it exciting for everyone.
Make your trivia game a lot more fun with the help of these fun questions and answers. They are sure to put your guests in the spirit of an enjoyable evening!
Explore All Engaging Questions Tool Articles
Consider These Fun Questions About Spring
Spring is a season in the Earth’s yearly cycle after Winter and before Summer. It is the time life and…
Fun Spouse Game Questions For Couples
Answering spouse game questions together can be fun. It’ll help begin conversations and further explore preferences, history, and interests. The…
Best Snap Game Questions to Play on Snapchat
Are you out to get a fun way to connect with your friends on Snapchat? Look no further than snap…
How to Prepare for Short Response Questions in Tests
When it comes to acing tests, there are a few things that will help you more than anything else. Good…
Top 20 Reflective Questions for Students
As students, we are constantly learning new things. Every day, we are presented with further information and ideas we need…
Random History Questions For History Games
A great icebreaker game is playing trivia even though you don’t know the answer. It is always fun to guess…