Have you been tasked to interview movie stars or directors?…
Have you been tasked to interview movie stars or directors? Some people might be intimidated by the idea, but don’t be. There are plenty of creative ways to engage with your subject without bombarding them with dull and generic questions. We’ve listed some fun and creative movie interview questions that will make your conversation more interesting and informative.
When conducting an interview, it’s important to get to know your subject and ask them questions that interest them. Keep it light and fun. And most importantly, show your enthusiasm towards the movie and the subject of the interview.
Try out these questions, and you’re sure to have a great time!
Fun and Creative Movie Interview Questions
Questions About The Movie Characters
These questions will help you dive deeper into the characters in the movie. It will also help you know how the actors successfully portray the characters.
- What kind of audience will love this character?
- In what ways is this character like you?
- Is it easier to play this character or be yourself on stage?
- How do you feel about this character?
- What’s the number one thing you hate about this character?
- What is the biggest challenge you had to face in taking on this role?
- What other celebrity do you want to see taking on this character aside from yourself?
- Without spoiling anything, what’s your favorite line in this movie?
- Outside yourself, which actor in this production will blow people away?
- If you could play any other character in this movie, who would it be?
Insightful Questions for The Screen Actors
Interview questions don’t need to focus only on the movie’s plot. You can also try asking actors personal questions to better get to know them and their craft. Keep your questions personal while still trying to maintain relevance to the film.
- What motivated you to pursue a career as an actor/actress?
- Which do you think is more important for actors, talent or training?
- Which genre of acting do you feel best suited to?
- How do you prepare a scene when you have no one to interact with?
- Do you have a specific place to practice loud vocal exercises?
- How do you react when you receive a negative review about your performance?
- How do you keep television productions’ plot twists and other development confidential?
- What steps do you take to appreciate your character’s role in the story fully?
- Which acting role model would you like to emulate, and why?
- What are some techniques you use to create a believable character?
The movie directors are the main brains behind the movie. In order to ask a great interview question to the directors, you should try to research their work. Questions might range from what the director wants to say in the movie, understanding character dynamics, and how they came up with the idea.
- What’s one word you would use to describe your directing style?
- What would be your ideal project if you were given a $10 million film budget?
- What would you do if the cinematographer did not accurately represent your vision?
- Can you tell us when it is appropriate to ask an actor to redo a scene?
- What was the first film you ever worked on?
- How is this movie special from other films you’ve previously made?
- Can you walk us through your creative process for starting a movie project?
- What do you look for when casting your actors?
- Are you optimistic about the future of filmmaking in the next ten years?
- What’s the best advice you can give to aspiring filmmakers?
Movie interviews are always fun to do. You can gain so much insight into the film and the characters. And you can only do so by asking the right questions.
Try to ask movie interview questions that will show them how interested you are in their work and what you enjoyed about it. It helps to read about their previous works to come up with insightful, interesting questions that they can relate to.