Our world is big, and there are hidden facts about…
Our world is big, and there are hidden facts about it that you might not know about. This is why you need articles like this, where we discuss some world general knowledge questions and answers.
These questions help you sharpen your knowledge of the world and give you bragging rights among friends. This is because, apart from the fact that you might encounter GK questions in standardized exams, random instances may test your knowledge of GK.
It is not unusual to find friends having informal general knowledge quizzes as it is fun and interesting to learn about our world.
The Latest World General Knowledge Questions and Answers
Below are the latest world general knowledge questions and answers to keep you updated and prepared for any quiz that comes your way. Our world isn’t static.
There could have been some changes to the “facts” you knew before now. Be sure to read on to find new information and answers to familiar and new questions.
The GK quiz covers different aspects, including geography, sports, and politics.
Here are some Geography quizzes and answers.
- What is the capital of Denmark? (Answer: Copenhagen).
- The Bermuda Triangle region is located in which ocean? (Answer: The Atlantic Ocean).
- The US was gifted the Statue of Liberty by which country? (Answer: France).
- There are how many oceans in the world? (Answer: Five oceans).
- Where is the Thames River located? (Answer: London, UK).
- The smallest and largest countries in the world are? (Answer: Vatican City and Russia, respectively).
- How many countries are there in Africa? (Answer: 54 countries).
- On which day of the year is the Sun closest to the Earth? (Answer: 4th of January).
- Is the Indian Ocean the largest in the world? (Answer: False)
- When did the partitioning of India take place? (Answer: 15 August 1947).
Here are some politics quizzes and answers
- Who is the current German Chancellor? (Answer: Olaf Scholz).
- The Republican Party is also called the GOP; what is the meaning of GOP? (Answer: Grand Old Party).
- How long did the first world war last? (Answer: Four years — 1914-1918).
- The two dominant parties in the politics of the UK are? (Answer: Labor and Conservative).
- The European Union had how many founding members? (Answer: Six).
Here are some sports quizzes and answers.
- In history, which team has won the Champions League (formerly the European Cup) the most? (Answer: Real Madrid).
- The Old Firm Derby is a term used to describe which derby? (Answer: Celtic vs. Rangers).
- Who holds the world record in the men’s100 meter sprint? (Answer: Usain Bolt with a time of 9.58 seconds).
- Has the United States of America hosted the FIFA World Cup before? (Answer: Yes, in 1994).
- What is the home of the NBA side, Chicago Bulls, called? (Answer: United Center).
- Which English referee officiated the final match of the FIFA World Cup in 2010? (Answer: Howard Webb).
TV and Movie Questions
Here are some TV quizzes and answers.
- The Harry Potter film series is based on a book by? (Answer: J.K. Rowling).
- In Game of Thrones, the capital of Westeros is? (Answer: King’s Landing).
- True or false, Queen Elizabeth II was portrayed by Claire Foy in the first two seasons of The Crown (Answer: True).
Here are some music quizzes and answers.
- What is the title of Elton Johns’s biopic? (Answer: Rocketman).
- What was the title of Britney Spears’ first single? (Answer: Baby One More Time)
- Who is regarded as the King of Pop? (Answer: Michael Jackson).
There’s a confidence boost you have when you know that you have answers to different types of general knowledge quizzes.
The more you know, the more you question. Ultimately, you’ll find more answers. Knowing this, you should always strive to learn as much as you can.