Eleven to twenty are numerals that follow ten. Students must…
Eleven to twenty are numerals that follow ten. Students must be able to spell 11-20 to learn how to spell more significant numbers. This article provides you with the guidance to remember the 11 to 20 spelling fast and correctly.
Spelling correctly is one of the most important parts of the English language. It enables people to read and write words and all numbers quickly. This article provides accurate spellings and relevant examples that will help you master writing numbers 11 to 20 in words. But before we delve in, let’s look at what number names are.
Number names express numbers in words. Students must learn numbers in words. They must know the names of numbers by heart and not just that, but the spellings. Understanding the accurate spellings of numbers 11 to 20 will help them spell other numbers correctly.
Children should learn the number names from 1 to 10, then 11 to 20 number names, etc. They should know all the counting numbers. Mathematics uses the number name to represent the number in its word form. For example, the number name of 10 is ten.
It is essential to pay attention to spelling for more than just the displeasure of misspelling a word. It is beneficial to us in many ways, from expanding vocabulary and learning new words to establishing a connection with readers. Spelling correctly is an easy skill to learn that significantly impacts our lives.
11 to 20 Spelling
Spellings of 11 to 20 can be a bit more challenging to remember. They are commonly misspelled words in the English language. It’s a common misconception that these are the hardest spellings to learn and the worst to spell. If you take the time to practice and memorize these spellings, you will find them easier to remember than you think.
Learning how to correctly spell 11-20 in words and placing them in sentences will help you meet your school’s educational requirements. It will also help you improve your literacy skills for life. When you compete in spelling bee competitions or events that ask for this information, you are more likely to win. Furthermore, the more you learn about spelling, the more you can improve your life and take on new challenges.
The number names of 11 to 20 are:
11 – Eleven
12 – Twelve
13 – Thirteen
14 – Fourteen
15 – Fifteen
16 – Sixteen
17 – Seventeen
18 – Eighteen
19 – Nineteen
20 – Twenty
Eleven to twenty can function as nouns or adjectives. As an adjective, they are a cardinal numeral used to denote quantity or an ordinal numeral that expresses a sequence.
Examples in Sentences
- The number eleven comes after ten.
- My fifteen-year-old sibling plays soccer very well.
- Twelve years from now, I’ll own a house and a car.
- Eleven players make up a football team.
- About twenty people were present at the concert.
- It’s well over twenty years since I last saw you!
- I gave nineteen dollars to my brother to get me shoes.
- Horses have eighteen pairs of ribs!
- The novel consists of nineteen chapters.
- I had nineteen dollars in my wallet.
- Mary failed the board exam nineteen times but succeeded on her twentieth attempt! Such perseverance!
- I took a nineteen-minute shower.
- The movie has thirteen episodes.
- Dave and Sandra were trapped in the room for fifteen hours.
- Twelve signifies a dozen.
- The number seventeen goes after sixteen.
To Wrap Up
It’s a wise decision to invest in your spelling by investing in learning to pronounce, spell, and write the English language. It could make a lot of difference in your writing.
It could also provide you with a certain level of superiority over those who don’t invest in learning to spell. This article provides you with the accurate 11 to 20 spelling and examples to help you practice and master them!