Spelling in the English language can be a little strange. It’s because you have to remember almost all of the words because they are not spelled in a consistent manner.
Definition of Challenge
Depending on the context, challenge can either be a noun or a verb. Challenge as a verb has these following definitions:
- Disproving the decision is incredibly unjust, invalid, or obsolete.
- To engage in confrontation.
- Questioning the legality or qualifications of something.
- To stimulate or cause arousal from difficulties.
Challenge as a noun can have these meanings:
- Task or problem that stimulates someone.
- A call to compete in a sporting activity.
- Experimentation or testing of physiological activity through exposure to a specific substance.
To have a clearer understanding, take a look at these examples below:
- So you think you can reach there faster than me? Challenge accepted!
- Some teachers dislike when their students challenge them!
- You can say spelling in English can be very challenging (no pun intended).
- I received a new job offer in China. I am going to accept it because I want a challenge!
How Do You Spell Challenge?
Challenge is spelled with two “l”s in the middle. Most spelling mistakes are caused because people write a single “l” when writing.
The phonetic transcription of the word is chAl-uhnj.
Conducting an internet search for spelling help is not the answer when you are faced with a spelling challenge. The most effective way to spell is to use a dictionary and a thesaurus and find the proper spelling on your own.
Explore All Spell Check Articles
Both native speakers and language learners find English spelling tough to master. Because English is a language that absorbs new…
There are times when English can seem confusing. Many of the words in English are freely borrowed from other languages.…
There are times when English spelling can appear confusing. English borrows many of its words from other languages. This Germanic…
Sometimes, English spelling can seem perplexing. Many of the words in English originated in other languages. Germanic language English consists…
English may seem confusing at times. Many of the words in English were freely borrowed from other languages. Languages such…