There are many instances where the word ‘perseverance‘ have been misspelled. It’s quite a complex English word, yet, there is a need to know how to spell it correctly. It’s not enough to know just the pronunciation.
INK will make sure your text is free of grammar mistakes
Definition of Perseverance
The word perseverance originates from the Middle English word ‘perseveraunce,’ which means “ability to persevere.” Also, from the Latin word ‘perseverantia,‘ which means “constancy and steadfastness” and from Old French ‘perseverance‘ which means ‘persistence and endurance.’
Perseverance is the act or quality of continuing despite obstacles, discouragement, or challenges. A persevering individual endures and continues despite misfortunes, difficulties, and failures. To persevere means to continue to do or try.
The word ‘perseverance‘ indicates that one endures and continues despite difficulties to achieve a goal or to complete a task. Perseverance describes the character of remaining steadfast to do or try regardless of obstacles. To persevere means enduring for a goal or purpose persistently; not giving up on a task despite challenges.
How do you spell perseverance?
The accurate spelling of the word is P-E-R-S-E-V-E-R-A-N-C-E. The word’s spelling is relatively straightforward since it aligns with its pronunciation and etymology. It is a twelve-lettered, four-syllable word with five vowels and seven consonants. The phonemic pronunciation of the word is /ˌpɜː.sɪˈvɪə.ɹəns/. The stressed syllable in the word is the third, as in per-se-VER-ance.
What Part of Speech is Perseverance?
The word ‘perseverance’ is a noun. Perseverance means continuous persistence in the course of action or pursuing a goal/purpose, despite obstacles, difficulties, or discouragements. It is the ability to continue with something challenging. Synonyms of the word include dedication, determination, resolution, persistence, and tenacity.
- It takes hard work and perseverance to be successful.
- David has excellent perseverance despite the challenges he had to go through.
- All through the event, Mary showed untiring perseverance and relentless efforts.
- It takes perseverance to keep going through tough times.
- Joseph is well-known for his perseverance.
- Kelvin sets a great example of perseverance for his students.
- Mariah’s perseverance has helped her achieve her goals and dreams.
- Sarah has shown resilience and perseverance during this whole process.
- Maria’s perseverance has led to many accomplishments.
- Brad has shown great perseverance and bravery throughout this program.
- Jenny is a strong worker, and her progress can be seen because of her perseverance.
- Lena shows perseverance in all that she does.
- Nicola demonstrates excellent perseverance and dedication to her work.
- Nancy has outstanding perseverance and was victorious in the final game.
- My mother’s untiring perseverance was at last rewarded.
- With the right mindset and perseverance, you can excel at anything.
- Have you read the book “Almost Possible Thing?” The book centered on perseverance and hard work.
To Wrap Up
Perseverance is defined as continuing to strive despite obstacles or setbacks. Words synonymous with perseverance are dedication, determination, persistence, and endurance.
How do you spell perseverance? The acceptable spelling of the word is P-E-R-S-E-V-E-R-A-N-C-E.
Explore All Spell Check Articles
Both native speakers and language learners find English spelling tough to master. Because English is a language that absorbs new…
There are times when English can seem confusing. Many of the words in English are freely borrowed from other languages.…
There are times when English spelling can appear confusing. English borrows many of its words from other languages. This Germanic…
Sometimes, English spelling can seem perplexing. Many of the words in English originated in other languages. Germanic language English consists…
English may seem confusing at times. Many of the words in English were freely borrowed from other languages. Languages such…