There are many instances where the word ‘perseverance‘ have been…
There are many instances where the word ‘perseverance‘ have been misspelled. It’s quite a complex English word, yet, there is a need to know how to spell it correctly. It’s not enough to know just the pronunciation.
Definition of Perseverance
The word perseverance originates from the Middle English word ‘perseveraunce,’ which means “ability to persevere.” Also, from the Latin word ‘perseverantia,‘ which means “constancy and steadfastness” and from Old French ‘perseverance‘ which means ‘persistence and endurance.’
Perseverance is the act or quality of continuing despite obstacles, discouragement, or challenges. A persevering individual endures and continues despite misfortunes, difficulties, and failures. To persevere means to continue to do or try.
The word ‘perseverance‘ indicates that one endures and continues despite difficulties to achieve a goal or to complete a task. Perseverance describes the character of remaining steadfast to do or try regardless of obstacles. To persevere means enduring for a goal or purpose persistently; not giving up on a task despite challenges.
How do you spell perseverance?
The accurate spelling of the word is P-E-R-S-E-V-E-R-A-N-C-E. The word’s spelling is relatively straightforward since it aligns with its pronunciation and etymology. It is a twelve-lettered, four-syllable word with five vowels and seven consonants. The phonemic pronunciation of the word is /ˌpɜː.sɪˈvɪə.ɹəns/. The stressed syllable in the word is the third, as in per-se-VER-ance.
What Part of Speech is Perseverance?
The word ‘perseverance’ is a noun. Perseverance means continuous persistence in the course of action or pursuing a goal/purpose, despite obstacles, difficulties, or discouragements. It is the ability to continue with something challenging. Synonyms of the word include dedication, determination, resolution, persistence, and tenacity.
- It takes hard work and perseverance to be successful.
- David has excellent perseverance despite the challenges he had to go through.
- All through the event, Mary showed untiring perseverance and relentless efforts.
- It takes perseverance to keep going through tough times.
- Joseph is well-known for his perseverance.
- Kelvin sets a great example of perseverance for his students.
- Mariah’s perseverance has helped her achieve her goals and dreams.
- Sarah has shown resilience and perseverance during this whole process.
- Maria’s perseverance has led to many accomplishments.
- Brad has shown great perseverance and bravery throughout this program.
- Jenny is a strong worker, and her progress can be seen because of her perseverance.
- Lena shows perseverance in all that she does.
- Nicola demonstrates excellent perseverance and dedication to her work.
- Nancy has outstanding perseverance and was victorious in the final game.
- My mother’s untiring perseverance was at last rewarded.
- With the right mindset and perseverance, you can excel at anything.
- Have you read the book “Almost Possible Thing?” The book centered on perseverance and hard work.
To Wrap Up
Perseverance is defined as continuing to strive despite obstacles or setbacks. Words synonymous with perseverance are dedication, determination, persistence, and endurance.
How do you spell perseverance? The acceptable spelling of the word is P-E-R-S-E-V-E-R-A-N-C-E.
Frequently asked questions
What is the meaning of perseverance in Oxford dictionary?
noun. /p*rs*vrns/ [uncountable] (approving) the quality of continuing to try to achieve a particular goal despite difficulties. They showed great persistence in the face of obstacles.
What is the synonym of perseverance?
Purposefulness, resoluteness, resolution, resolve, stick-to-itality.
What type of noun is perseverance?
Taking action without regard to discouragement, opposition or previous failure.
What are perseverance skills?
Perseverance is the ability to continue to do something despite obstacles. Persistence can also be demonstrated in doing something despite the hard work or the time it takes to attain the goal.
What is the verb form of perseverance?
persevere. (psv)/verb. It is difficult to show perseverance (intra usually forms by in).
What God says about perseverance?
You need endurance, so that when you accomplish God’s will, you may receive what is promised.” “But the one who endures to the end will be saved.”.
Is perseverance a strength?
Perseverance is one of 24 character strengths in the virtue category of courage. In addition to obstacles, it involves effort to keep going for a task and duration. As part of a life of engagement, it is one of its strengths. Make an act of kindness with perseverance.
What is the real meaning of perseverance?
Perseverance is the continuous effort in achieving something despite difficulties, failure, or opposition. An action or condition or instance of perseverance: steadfastness.
Does perseverance mean not giving up?
Have perseverance Add to the list. Perseverance is not a sacrifice. The skill of persistence and persistence is essential to keeping going, even if it is hard. Perseverance originates from the Latin perseverantia and means to adhere strictly to something.
How do you use perseverance in a sentence?
- Successful planning and perseverance were necessary.
- Persistence in good works was his strength.
- Obstacles kept him from failing.
- Otto had unwavering perseverance and relentless energy.
- She went to college because of this same perseverance.
How do you perseverance someone?
- Clarify your goal. It depends on your purpose, needs, and abilities.
- Aim to achieve your goal.
- Maintain optimism
- Awaken to the present.
- Acknowledge your accomplishments
- Try new experiences
- You are important to the health of your mind, body, emotions, and spirit.
- Live your goal today.
What is an example of perseverance?
A strong persistence in obeying a course of action, belief, or purpose; constant persistence. Persistence; persistence, patience. Perseverance is being persistent to stick to a plan. Trying to lose weight for two hours each day is an example of perseverance.
Why is perseverance important to success?
Persistence is a key to success in life. It helps us overcome obstacles, learn from our mistakes, and appreciate our accomplishments more. Don’t give up on your dreams – keep going and you will succeed!
Which is correct perseverance or perseverance?
Perseverance is the ability of those who persevere-the ability to do something despite difficulty or discouragement. Persistence is a close synonym.
What is a symbol of perseverance?
The tortoise symbolises perseverance. It reminds us that if you don’t give up on your goal, even though tortoise is popular for its slow movement.