A spelling mistake can make you look careless and unprofessional. It’s best to spell words correctly and ensure your written work is error-free. How do you spell year? Let’s learn how to spell the word in this article.
The word ‘year’ originates from the Middle English word ‘yeer, yere,’ from Old English ġēar (“year”), from Proto-West Germanic *jār. Also, from Proto-Germanic *jērą (“year”) and from Proto-Indo-European *yóh₁r̥ (“year, spring”).
A year is the time it takes the Earth to complete one revolution around the Sun. It is the period between the dates from the 1st of January to the 31st of December. A year is also a scheduled part of a calendar year spent on a specific activity.
How do you spell year?
The correct spelling of the word is Y-E-A-R. It is a 4-lettered, monosyllabic word with two consonants and two vowels. The pronunciation of the word is /jɪə/.
- A typical year has 365 full days, but there are 366 days in a leap year.
- My brother was born in the year 1990.
- My bus ride to school starts at 6:30 a.m. during this academic year.
- Second-year students must choose a field of study.
- High school exams during year 12 are the most difficult.
- Juliana’s daughter is nine years old.
- I haven’t heard from you for over a year!
- Payment is made to each resident of Alaska each year.
- A 12-year-old boy turned out to be the thief.
- I moved to this town a year ago when I bought my house.
A year is the orbital period of a planet, for example, the Earth, moving around the Sun. It is twelve months or 365 or 366 days, starting on the 1st of January and ending on the 31st of December. How do you spell year? The correct spelling of the word is Y-E-A-R, not yer.
Explore All Spell Check Articles
Both native speakers and language learners find English spelling tough to master. Because English is a language that absorbs new…
There are times when English can seem confusing. Many of the words in English are freely borrowed from other languages.…
There are times when English spelling can appear confusing. English borrows many of its words from other languages. This Germanic…
Sometimes, English spelling can seem perplexing. Many of the words in English originated in other languages. Germanic language English consists…
English may seem confusing at times. Many of the words in English were freely borrowed from other languages. Languages such…