The spelling of English can be problematic at times. The English language borrowed many of the words from other languages freely. The vocabulary of this language consists chiefly of French, Latin, and Greek, which is unusual for a Germanic language.
INK will make sure your text is free of grammar mistakes
As a result, it is possible to pronounce the same sound in a variety of ways due to its varied origins. There has been no standardized or streamlined way to spell since then. This is why we still have problems with spelling, native speakers, and ESL students alike.
This brings us to today’s article’s topic, which is achieve. What are its origins, where to use the word, and most importantly, how to spell achieve.
If you were having problems with this word, you are in luck! Keep reading if you want to find out more!
The Definition of Achieve
Achieve is a verb that has the following meanings:
- To accomplish something.
- Carrying out something with success.
- To reach your desires or goals.
- To become successful.
As always, just going with the definition alone isn’t going to cut it. We have to take a look at some examples to understand this expression fully.
- Through sheer hard work and willpower, he managed to achieve his goals.
- You have all the things you need to achieve in life, but you are just lazy!
- Overall, half of the students achieved good results on the test.
- Despite many challenges, the athlete achieved worldwide fame.
- They will do anything to achieve their political goals.
- What you are asking is something that we can’t achieve!
- Nowadays, every video game comes with achievements that you can unlock.
- To achieve our goals, we will use every means possible.
- If you believe that the impossible is possible, you will be able to achieve it.
How to Spell Achieve?
People write achieve in a wrong manner, such as:
These are all wrong, however.
The correct way is achieve.
The phonetic transcription of the expression is uh-chEEv.
To Wrap Up
Achieve (/æskəv/), meaning “to bring about or to reach a goal or completion by using effort and ability,” is a common English word. It is a word derived from the verb “to achieve”. Its past participle, accomplished, actually refers to the final result of the above process.
Explore All Spell Check Articles
How to Improve Your Spelling As an Adult
Both native speakers and language learners find English spelling tough to master. Because English is a language that absorbs new…
How to Spell Yesterday — a Quick Spelling Guide
There are times when English can seem confusing. Many of the words in English are freely borrowed from other languages.…
Can’t Spell Review? Read This Right Away!
There are times when English spelling can appear confusing. English borrows many of its words from other languages. This Germanic…
How to Spell None — a Quick Spelling Guide
Sometimes, English spelling can seem perplexing. Many of the words in English originated in other languages. Germanic language English consists…
Having Some Issues? Correct Spelling of Issue!
English may seem confusing at times. Many of the words in English were freely borrowed from other languages. Languages such…
The Correct Way of Spelling Decide!
English spelling can sometimes seem confusing. English borrows many of its words from other languages. English, a Germanic language, consists…