Putting a YouTube link in description is relatively easy. Every video on YouTube has a corresponding description.
Every time a video is watched on YouTube, a description displays below it. In the video’s description, thank those who assisted in its production, refer viewers to related material, or advertise a website using a link.
When you include a link to an external website in the video’s description, YouTube transforms it into a clickable link. When your viewers click on the link, they will be taken to the page you choose.
How to Put YouTube Link in Description on Desktop
How can I include links in my YouTube description? Have no fear. You may easily accomplish this on your desktop or with the YouTube mobile app for iPhone and Android by following the instructions below.
- Log into YouTube and upload your video
- Once it is complete, click your profile symbol in the screen’s upper-right corner.
- In the pop-up box, choose the YouTube Studio beta option.
- Click Videos in the sidebar of the newly-opened window.
- To insert the link, select the appropriate video and click it. Thereafter, you’ll be able to change the video’s title and description on the details page.
- Simply copy the full link address and paste it into the YouTube description section.
- Click on Save.
YouTube will now automatically include the URL in the video description. To confirm, you may view the video and read its description.
How to Put YouTube Link in Description from Your Mobile Device
To add the YouTube link in description from a mobile device, take the following steps.
- Launch the YouTube application.
- Find the clip you wish to embed, then copy its URL.
- Select options using the three dots.
- When the drop-down menu opens, choose “Edit.”
- You’ll be taken to a new screen where you may change your profile’s name and summary. Cut and paste the link into the box provided for the description.
- Click Save.
Important Details to Include in Your YouTube Description
If you want people to watch your video, you should think about what you want to say in the description box on YouTube.
The YouTube description, together with the title and tags, is a critical factor in your video’s search engine optimization and ranking on YouTube.
These are the most important details that should be included in your YouTube description.
- Compose a brief synopsis of the video.
- Keep it to no more than three lines and emphasize keywords to ensure it shows up above the fold.
- Don’t forget to add inbound links to any referenced sources.
- Promote subscribing or other actions to the audience.
- If your video is longer than usual or covers multiple subjects, include time stamps, so viewers can easily jump around.
- Connect your online profiles.
- Add any additional details that the reader would find interesting or relevant.
The Significance of YouTube Description
Writing an informative YouTube with a link in description is an essential component of setting up a brand and enhancing the viewer experience.
This is why your YouTube description should be more than simply lovely language. Numerous channels now add a date in the description to aid new viewers in determining when they should watch the video. The benefits of the YouTube link in the description include:
- Enhance searchability.
- Improve the video’s visibility.
- Make a personal connection with your target market.
- Get the attention of your readers by urging them to take action.
To Wrap Up
When making your YouTube video, the most important step is giving attention to the quality of the video.
But, to present the content in the best way possible and keep viewers’ attention, there are many things to take care of. And a YouTube link in the description is one of those many things.
Explore All Channel Description Articles
Gaming is a very popular niche on YouTube. So it’s no wonder why so many gamers are starting their own…
Almost everybody is on YouTube now. In such a saturated space, it can be extremely difficult to stand out. That’s…
Everyone loves a good travel blog. Who wouldn’t, right? You get to travel the world through other people’s lenses. Also,…
You’ve probably seen that brief text found at the bottom of every Youtube video. These youtube video descriptions may not…
As a YouTuber, you put a lot of effort into creating your videos and developing excellent video ideas. You spend…
YouTube is the second-largest search engine in the world — second only to its parent company, Google. Eight out of…