Interviewers may not only ask questions about the candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experiences. They may ask brain teasers to test your quick-thinking, problem-solving, and critical thinking abilities. Some hiring managers ask funny interview questions to get the conversation flowing and make the interview more enjoyable.
In this guide, we’ll look at some of the funny questions interviewers ask and tips on how to answer them.
3 Top Funny Interview Questions and Answers
1. What’s the color of money?
An interviewer may ask you this question to determine your overall view of the global economy. When you respond correctly, your employer knows that you think about the world and not only the place you live. This indicates that you are well-rounded in your views.
Sample answer: “The color of money varies based on the country. For instance, money in the United States is green, whereas money in Canada comes in many colors.”
2. If you could have any superhero power, what would it be and why?
Your response to this question gives the interviewer a glimpse into your priorities and personality. You should choose a superpower that aligns with the role or has more significant potential in the business world. The superpower ‘invisibility’ might not be a great answer to this question. It will portray you as sneaky and untrustworthy.
Sample answer: I’d like the ability to understand and translate any language, whether written, spoken, or physical, e.g., body language. The benefits of speaking multiple languages are undeniable in a global economy. With my ability to understand any language, I could serve as a bridge between people and help solve many problems.”
3. What two items would you want to have with you if you were shipwrecked on an Island with food and water available?
Interviewers may ask this question to assess your logical thinking, innovativeness, and creativity. It also helps the hiring manager determine your priorities. Mentioning that you need a laptop and a Kindle with unlimited books will portray you differently from someone that says they want music.
Sample answer: “I would like to bring a wifi-enabled laptop with a wind generator, so I can charge the batteries, and also a lighter. I can conduct my work and keep in touch with friends via my laptop. And I can start fires using the lighter and remain warm at night.”
20 More Funny Interview Questions
- Why are manholes round?
- Imagine someone gave you an elephant. You aren’t allowed to sell it or give it away. What would you do with it?
- If you could compare yourself to an animal, what would it be and why?
- What would you do if you found a penguin in the freezer?
- Describe the color red without using any color name.
- What would you do if you were the only survivor of a plane crash?
- If you could choose one song to play every time you walked into a room, what song would you choose and why?
- Are you a gatherer or a hunter?
- What is the funniest thing that happened to you recently?
- How do you think people would communicate in a perfect world?
- What do you think about when you are alone in a car?
- Would you relive your days in high school if you could?
- If you were a tree, what kind would you be and why?
- What would your eulogy say?
- If I gave you $50,000 to start your own business, what business would you start?
- If you had a time machine, would you travel to the future or back to the past?
- What fictional character do you identify with the most and why?
- Describe the purpose of this job to someone from another planet.
- What kid’s movie is scary to you?
- What would you do if you had to work but didn’t need the money?
Tips for Answering Funny Interview Questions
1. Think before you answer
You want to provide the best answer that reflects your true personality to the interviewer. Ensure that you understand the question and ask for clarity if you’re unsure what the interviewer is asking. They might provide information that’ll help you give the expected answer. Organize your thoughts and be confident before you answer any questions.
2. Be honest
Some questions can be tricky, but it’s important to remember that the interviewer wants to get a sense of your personality. There are no wrong answers, but be honest with your responses.
3. Describe your thinking process
Tell the interviewer what steps you took to come up with your conclusion when presenting your response. The steps you took to arrive at an answer are more important than the outcome since they demonstrate your thought pattern and approach. Describing the process will help the interviewer gain insights into your critical thinking abilities.
To Wrap Up
Not all interviewers ask standard questions that assess your skills and educational qualifications. Some interviewers may ask funny questions to determine your personality, creativity, and logical thinking skills.
This guide will give you a glimpse into funny questions interviewers are likely to ask and tips for providing the best answers.
Explore All Generate Interview Questions Articles
Are you trying to apply for a job? Have you already prepared yourself for possible inquiries? You should practice answering unique…
Due to the continual progress of technology, companies need to hire more technical experts. However, they employ a technical recruiter…
Interviews are a big part of the teacher selection process. They’re a great way to assess whether the applicant is…
Are you trying to hire new people for your company? Do you prefer people with unparalleled sets of skills? You…
One of the most essential steps in advancing your career is to interview for director positions. The job requires a…
Your interview questions for managerial or supervisory positions are different from other jobs. You can improve your preparation for an…