The job description for warehouse picker packer involves selecting, packing, and preparing products for shipping in a warehouse setting. The picker packer ensures that orders are received on time and in good condition at any warehouse or distribution center.
The picker packer must be able to accurately locate and retrieve products using computerized inventory systems. They must be proficient in using various equipment, such as pallet jacks and forklifts, in moving and packing items for shipping.
The role of a warehouse picker packer is fast-paced and physically demanding, requiring good attention to detail and strong organizational skills. This article will delve deeper into the warehouse picker packer’s specific duties and requirements.
Who Is a Picker Packer?
A picker packer is a warehouse employee responsible for carefully choosing, packaging, and getting products ready for shipping. They work in a warehouse or distribution center and use computerized inventory systems to locate and retrieve products ordered by customers.
Once products have been selected, the picker packer must ensure that they are properly packed and prepared for shipping. This process may involve verifying that the correct items and quantities are included in the order. Other processes might involve labeling boxes or packages with appropriate shipping information.
The role of a picker packer is physically demanding and requires good attention to detail and strong organizational skills. It is an important job that helps ensure that orders are fulfilled and shipped to customers efficiently and correctly. Picker packers may also operate manual and electric pallet jacks, forklifts, and other warehouse equipment as needed.
Average Salary and Compensation of a Warehouse Picker Packer
Average salaries and compensation can differ depending on the location of the warehouse, company size, and level of experience and education. In May 2020, the average salary per hour for a material moving machine operator, including picker packers, was $17.43. This translates to a median annual wage of $36,250.
In addition to hourly wages, picker packers may receive other compensation forms, such as overtime pay, benefits packages, and bonuses. Some warehouses may offer additional perks, such as discounted or free meals, flexible scheduling, and opportunities for advancement.
How to Hire a Picker Packer
When hiring a picker packer for your warehouse, it’s important to take the time to find the right candidate. Picker packers are critical to the success of your warehouse, so choose one who is capable, reliable and a good fit for your team.
Below are steps to hiring a picker packer:
- Determine the specific responsibilities and duties of the picker packer role in your warehouse.
- Develop a job posting that clearly outlines the qualifications and skills required for the position.
- Search for candidates with relevant experience in warehousing and order fulfillment.
- Review resumes and cover letters to identify qualified applicants.
- Conduct initial phone or video interviews to further assess candidates’ qualifications and fit.
- Invite top candidates for in-person interviews and/or trial shifts to observe their performance and assess their fit with the team.
- Check references and conduct any necessary background checks.
- Offer the position to the applicant who best satisfies the needs of the warehouse and the qualifications for the picker packer position
Sample Job Description for Warehouse Picker Packer
Job Title: Warehouse Picker Packer
Location: XYZ Company, Any Town, USA
Position Type: Full-Time
We seek a highly motivated and organized individual to join our warehouse team as a picker packer. The picker packer will be responsible for accurately selecting, packing, and preparing orders for shipping in a fast-paced warehouse environment.
- Read and understand order sheets and picking lists.
- Accurately locate and retrieve products using computerized inventory systems.
- Pick and pack orders for shipment, verifying that the correct items and quantities are included.
- Secure items for shipping, use packing materials such as bubble wrap and foam sheets.
- Label boxes and packages correctly with shipping information
- Operate manual and electric pallet jacks, forklifts, and other warehouse equipment as needed.
- Follow all safety guidelines and procedures in the warehouse.
- Perform regular inventory counts and report any discrepancies to the warehouse supervisor.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to lift and move heavy boxes and packages.
- Proficiency in using computerized inventory systems.
- Physical fitness and ability to stand for long periods.
- Previous experience in a warehouse setting is preferred but not required.
In addition to chances for internal promotion, we also provide competitive compensation and benefits. If you are reliable and hardworking and have a passion for logistics and organization, please submit your application.
The role of a warehouse picker packer is essential in the logistics and distribution industry. The job requires good attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, physically demanding environment.
Overall, the job description for warehouse picker packer is varied. The tasks include using computerized inventory systems to locate and retrieve products, packing orders for shipment, operating warehouse equipment, and following safety guidelines.
It is a challenging but rewarding position that offers opportunities for growth and advancement within the company.
Explore All Write Job Descriptions Articles
Are you someone who likes to get things done? Do you have a knack for organization and supply management? Then…
The sous chef is part of the most critical positions in a kitchen. This role is responsible for leading the…
Are you considering a career in IT Management? Are you curious about the responsibilities of a Senior IT Manager? This…
Are you looking for a career in sales? The job of a Sales Agent is an ideal choice. But if…
So, you’ve decided to become a retail general manager? Good job! You’re in for an exciting and rewarding career. As…