Research shows a candidate takes 14 seconds to decide whether to apply for a job. Now more than ever, writing a compelling real estate manager job description is imperative.
Since your job description is the first interaction a candidate will have with your company, you need to spark their interest! The most successful job listings have some features in common.
They are concise. Engaging. Have a relatable tone. Use the perfect choice of words.
With the fierce competition for skilled real estate managers, you need to level up your job description to aid efficiency.
This article offers a sample of a reliable property manager job description.
Who Is A Real Estate Manager?
Property developers often get buildings developed and move on to other projects. That’s where a real estate manager comes in.
A real estate manager sells, lets, or manages properties (whether residential, commercial, or industrial) for their clients. To determine the value of a property, they consider the current conditions and compare it with other buildings in the area. They work with property management companies and are responsible for negotiating the best deals for their clients.
Their duties include management of the property’s building, grounds, tenants, and staff. This job can be temporary or permanent and sometimes entails control over the property’s financial aspects.
Typically, a Real Estate Manager works with the owners to agree on the scope of duties, budget, and how to manage the property effectively.
Although they perform several functions, they primarily protect the owner’s assets from mishandling. Some states require training in the real estate field to work as a Real Estate Manager, while others demand a property manager’s license.
What Are The Roles Of A Real Estate Manager?
- Use available information to identify potential problems impacting property values (e.g., crime rates).
- To manage the operation of real estate holdings like retail or industrial properties.
- Work with architects and contractors to ensure new construction projects comply with local building codes, and zoning requirements
- They Negotiate contracts with tenants, brokers, and other parties involved in commercial real estate transactions.
- Prepare budgets based on projected rental income, operating expenses, and capital expenditures.
- They budget for new projects based on rental income, operating expenses, and capital expenditures.
Real Estate Manager Job Description Sample
We are an estate management company seeking brilliant managers to help with maintenance.
A Real Estate Manager for our company oversees and coordinates daily operations of all real estate activities. You must possess deep knowledge and expertise in the field. We expect applicants to comprehensively understand the principles, laws, and regulations associated with property management.
Most importantly, you need excellent communication and negotiation skills, demonstrated ability to analyze data, and need to be detail-oriented to excel in this position.
You must demonstrate solid problem-solving skills to perform excellently in this role. We would also love to see an interpersonal aptitude to effectively interact with tenants, landlords, vendors, and internal departments.
Required Skills For This Position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or a related field
- 6+ years of experience as a Property Manager
- Knowledge of real estate law, leasing contracts, and processes
- Familiarity with the tenant screening process, rental property management systems, and landlord/tenant laws
- Hands-on experience with financial software packages and CRM tools
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Solid judgment, decision-making, and analytical skills
- An eye for detail and the ability to multitask
If you’re looking for the best property manager, don’t just choose the person with the most experience. Instead, ensure your real estate manager job description is clear and specific about what skills and experience are required for the position. By writing a great job description, you can ensure that only the most qualified candidates apply for your open position.
Explore All Write Job Descriptions Articles
Guide to Good Supply Management Job Description
Are you someone who likes to get things done? Do you have a knack for organization and supply management? Then…
Free and Effective Sous Chef Job Description
The sous chef is part of the most critical positions in a kitchen. This role is responsible for leading the…
Free Effective Senior IT Manager Job Description
Are you considering a career in IT Management? Are you curious about the responsibilities of a Senior IT Manager? This…
Better Sales Officer Job Description for Resume
Are you looking for a career in sales? The job of a Sales Agent is an ideal choice. But if…
Free Professional Retail Manager Job Description
So, you’ve decided to become a retail general manager? Good job! You’re in for an exciting and rewarding career. As…
Guide to Pleasant Real Estate Job Description
Real estate salespeople are essential members of the real estate team, helping home buyers and sellers achieve their goals. Are…