It is best to delete an ad account on Facebook if you’re no longer running ads for your business. You may not be able to delete a Facebook Ad account completely, but you can deactivate the ad account. This article will walk you through the steps to delete a Facebook Ad account or, according to Facebook’s terminology, close an ad account.
Can You Delete an Ad Account on Facebook?
You cannot permanently delete a Facebook ad account; you can only close or deactivate it. Many people refer to this as deleting a Facebook Ad account, but we will use these phrases interchangeably to denote the same action. So we mean the same thing when we use deleting, closing, and deactivating Facebook ad accounts.
Steps to Delete a Facebook Ad Account
Follow the steps below to delete your Ad account in the Facebook Business Manager.
- Go to https://business.facebook.com/
- Click on the Business Settings section.
- In the Business Facebook Settings on the left-hand side, click on ‘Accounts’ and then go to Ad accounts.
- The list of Facebook Ad Accounts will appear. Choose the one you want to deactivate.
- Click the “Deactivate” button that you can see in the top right corner.
- Facebook will prompt you to confirm that you want to deactivate the Ad Account. Click on the Deactivate Ad Account button.
- Your Facebook ad Account is then deactivated, but the process of deactivation could take up to two business days.
What Happens When You Close a Facebook Ad Account?
Once you close a Facebook Ad account, you can still view the account and reactivate it if you need it in the future.
If you delete your Facebook account, any balance of your account will be charged to your credit card or debit card. All your ads will be stopped when you close your Facebook Ad Account. You won’t be able to launch a new campaign with it.
Facebook will delete all your payment methods and card details. There is no chance that anyone can fraudulently use your credit card.
Why Can’t You Delete a Facebook Ad Account?
It is important to reiterate that you cannot completely delete a Facebook Ad account; instead, you can simply deactivate or close it. Here are some things to consider if you’re having problems closing your Facebook ad accounts:
- To deactivate or close the Facebook ad account, you must be the admin of the Facebook page.
- If you want to close your Facebook Ad Account, you must also be the owner of the account with the Business Manager. Simply being able to access the account is not sufficient; you have to own the account.
- Facebook cannot close the Ad Account if you cannot settle the outstanding balance with the credit card added to your account.
It’s important to take the time to learn how to delete your Facebook Ad account if it’s no longer the best option for you. Luckily, it’s a straightforward process that can be done without too much difficulty. If your account is still active, follow the steps outlined in this post to delete an ad account on Facebook.
Explore All Facebook Marketing Articles
How Can I Change My Facebook Password?
Changing your Facebook password is an excellent way to increase the security of your account. Especially if you’ve used the…
Do GIFs Even Function on Facebook Today?
You know you can upload both still and moving images to Facebook. Facebook unveiled a new feature that will enable…
Want To Add Music To Facebook Posts?
Everyone wants to increase the number of people visiting social media pages. Stories enable your friends or followers to get…
How to Find a Facebook Profile From a Picture
There are different methods to search Facebook by image and find someone’s profile on social media. You may have a…
A Guide to Delete Facebook Ads Campaign
When you no longer need a specific ad or campaign on Facebook, it’s best to delete them from your ad…
5 Tips to Offer Better Facebook Targeting
This article outlines effective Facebook targeting tactics to improve traction and ROI while minimizing cost per conversion. The ability to…