There are a lot of advertising tools that can help…
There are a lot of advertising tools that can help level up your social media marketing. One of which is the Facebook banner ads. This type of Facebook ad only runs for a short time. And they are challenging to use because these Facebook ads usually appear only in a specific area on the website or video on Facebook.
When using Facebook ads, you want to ensure everything is well-designed. It has to catch the eye of whoever will be looking at it.
In this article, we’ll outline some of the best advertising practices you’ll need to follow when using ad banners. Keep reading to learn how to make these Facebook ads work for you.
What Is an Ad Banner?
An ad banner is a piece of digital advertising generally displayed on a webpage. It is usually created with a graphical design. You can also find these ads on blogs and in video posts.
Ironically enough, the Facebook ad banners are not part of Facebook itself. This type of ad is usually shown on other platforms via the Facebook Audience Network.
Facebook ad banners can be located at the top or bottom of a webpage or on the side margins. They aim to advertise a particular product or service or spread brand awareness on Facebook.
The ad banners on Facebook have a fixed size and can have designs easily customized by the advertiser. They are one of the most common methods of Facebook advertising.
Why You Need Facebook Banner Ads
Like any type of marketing, Facebook ad banners have unique advantages. They are a great addition to any marketing campaign because of their ability to draw consumers’ attention.
Besides their ability to be a nifty marketing tool, Facebook Ad banners also offer their users a higher level of targeting. And they have less expensive advertising rates, which can help you save some money on Facebook advertising.
Best Practices for Facebook Ads
You can see Facebook ads in a variety of places. This depends on the ad type you choose. It can appear in the Facebook news feed, the right-hand column of sites, and even on mobile devices. If you have your Instagram business account linked up with your Facebook, your Facebook ads may also appear on the other social media platform.
Here are some of the best practices when using Facebook ad banners. Make sure you get the most out of the Facebook ad you create by following these guidelines and practices.
- Don’t place the Facebook Ad banner on top of app content. Try to place it away from app controls.
- Use separate banner spaces to keep people from accessing the app content around the Facebook Ad banner.
- Keep it away from areas that interrupt the flow of the app to prevent accidental clicks.
- Keep the Facebook ad banner either at the top or bottom of the screen to achieve higher click rates. Make sure you don’t change the location of the Ad from screen to screen.
- Make sure that the ad banner loads simultaneously with the app content. The content may be pushed down after the app loads. This may result in people clicking the ad banner accidentally.
The purpose of optimizing the ad banner sizes is simple: better user experience. You want the banner to be big enough so that people can see it. But you also don’t want it too big to block other important content in your blog or webpage.
Check out the Ad sizing guidelines for standard Facebook ad banners below:
Facebook Cover Photo
- Size – 820 × 312 pixels desktop
- Size – 640×360 pixels mobile
- Headline – 45 characters
- Text – 90 characters
- Description – 30 characters
- Image: 1,200 × 628, 1.9:1 ratio
- Video: .MOV or.MP4, 16:9 or 1:1 ratio
- Size – 1,080 × 1,080 pixels
- Ratio – 1:1 square
- Format – .MOV or.MP4
- Aspect Ratio – 1:1 square
- Resolution – 720p at minimum
- File Size – 2.3 GB maximum
- Length – 60 minutes (Facebook), 60 seconds (Instagram)
- Thumbnail – 1,080 × 1,080 pixels, 1:1 ratio
Advertisers can place text and image ads on Facebook’s social media platform. Facebook ads allow advertisers to target their audience based on their demographics effectively. The ad post will be shown to specific people based on age, location, birthday, hobbies, etc.
To Wrap Up
There are different customization options for the different types of ad banners that you can create specifically for your Facebook business page. But it can be challenging to know what type of ad banner to use and which ad banner sizes are best to advertise with. Hopefully, the information we’ve provided in this article has helped you out with that.
Ad banners are highly cost-effective and, when compared to traditional advertising, produce an impressive ROI. Furthermore, once Facebook banner ads are set up, they are relatively easy to manage.