Knowing how to change account name on Facebook can save…
Knowing how to change account name on Facebook can save you time and headaches.
Users may wish to change their name for various reasons; they could be adopting their spouse’s name or legally altering it. There are numerous reasons why a user might want to change their name.
We’ve put up a guide on how to alter your Facebook name on mobile or desktop. But first, let’s go through some of the requirements you must follow before changing your Facebook name.
What Is Facebook’s Policy on Name Change?
Facebook allows its users to alter their names, but certain restrictions exist. These restrictions are its policies on name change. If your account meets Facebook’s criteria, it will let you modify the name of your profile.
Facebook policy on name changes states that a user must not use:
- Words or phrases that violate Facebook’s Community Standards.
- Words or phrases that symbolize organizations rather than individuals.
- Symbols, digits, strange capitalization, repeating characters, or punctuation are all acceptable.
- Characters from several languages
- Any title (professional or religious).
Aside from the requirements listed above, Facebook enables users to alter their names just once every 60 days. If you change your name too frequently, it may be extended to 120 days.
Facebook prefers that you use your actual name rather than a fictitious one. Please remember that you may be banned if you use a fictitious name on Facebook.
How to Change Account Name on Facebook Via Mobile
You may alter your Facebook name from any platform, including Android, iOS, and desktop. For Android and iOS users, Facebook has a dedicated app. We recommend downloading these apps from their respective stores to facilitate the name change.
- Start the Facebook app on your phone after downloading from the play store.
- Sign in to your account and select the hamburger menu in the bottom right corner.
- Scroll down to ‘Settings & Privacy.’
- A drop-down menu will appear; Select ‘Settings.’
- Select ‘Personal and account information’ and press “Name.”
- Enter your new name and then press the Review Change button.
- It will prompt you to enter your password.
- Enter your information and then press the Save Changes button. That’s it; your new name will appear on your Facebook profile shortly.
How to Change Account Name on Facebook Via Browser
- Log in to your Facebook account at https://www.facebook.com/.
- Click on the drop-down menu next to the notifications icon in the top right corner.
- Select ‘Settings & Privacy’ and then ‘Settings.’
- It will display your account details.
- Click the edit button next to “Name.”
- Enter your new name and then tap on Review Change.
- You will be prompted to enter a password.
- Enter your information and then press the Save Changes button.
After some time, your new name will appear on your Facebook profile.
How to Create a Facebook Nickname
Do your friends refer to you by a nickname you’d like to include in your profile? You can do so since Facebook allows you to enter a nickname. Your alias will be displayed on your profile, chat threads, and one-on-one discussions.
Follow the steps below to add a nickname to your Facebook profile through the desktop.
- Log in to your Facebook account at https://www.facebook.com/.
- Click on your profile photo in the upper right to access the ‘About’ section.
- Go to the ‘Details About You’ option
- Click on the ‘Add a Nickname’ option.
- Now, change the Name type to nickname and fill in your nickname.
- If you want this name to appear alongside your Facebook name, select ‘Show at top of profile.’
- When you click Save, your moniker will be active.
Reasons Why You May Not Be Able to Change Your Account Name on Facebook
There are several reasons why you cannot change your Facebook name. First and foremost, the name may not adhere to the company’s name policy.
Secondly, you may have changed your name within the last 60 days or attempted to do so too frequently.
Your name does not match the name on an item on the company’s ID list.
To Wrap Up
One of the essential features of Facebook is the ease of changing your account name. Take these steps to change your account name via any device or browser you like.
Frequently asked questions
Why can’t I edit my name on Facebook?
Can you help us change your name? There are 60 days in which you can change your name. We are not responsible for your name’s spelling. You changed your name too frequently in the last 60 days.
How do I change my Facebook account?
Why can’t I change my Facebook page name?
You do not have a Page role that allows you to change your Page’s name if you do not see the option to edit it. How to use your Page role. Your Page has recently changed its name.
How many times can I change my Facebook page name?
Only once a year can you change your name. Our name policy does not apply to yours. If you changed your name too often in the last 60 days, it probably isn’t true.
How can I change my Facebook name without 2021?
- Connect a VPN at step 1.
- Go to Facebook’s settings.
- Remove your last name from your CV.
- Take a look at your new single name in step 4.
How can I add two names on Facebook?
- Tap on the photo in the top right corner.
- Tap Settings
- Under Account Settings, tap Personal Information.
- Click on your name to go to it.
- You can add a nickname and birth name to the list.
- Add the name type you want next to Name type.
- Name is your other name next to it.
How can I change my name on Facebook without creating a new account?
- Create a Facebook account.
- If it is already selected, click “General” in the left column.
- Click the “Edit” button located to the right of the name field.
- You will need to enter a new last name in the “Last” field.
- Save changes by clicking “Save Changes”.
How do I change my name on Facebook 2022?
- Open the Android app and tap the icon to discover three stacked horizontal lines in the top right corner.
- The Settings & Privacy tab is located underneath the settings tab.
- Select “Personal and account information”.
- Select “Name”
- You will need to enter your new name and tap “Review Change”.
How do I find my Facebook profile name?
Click on your profile picture on Facebook to see your profile. Privacy and Settings. Click Settings. Your username will appear under General Profile Settings.
How do I edit my profile name?
- You can open the Settings app on your Android phone or tablet.
- Tap Google. Create an account with Google.
- You can find Personal info at the top.
- There is an option to change the name under “Basic information”. Sign in may be required.
- Tap Done, then enter your name.