For individuals, uploading a video on Facebook is a means…
For individuals, uploading a video on Facebook is a means of sharing personal favorite moments. For a business, it’s a way to provide users with a fun and interactive way to connect with you.
If your company has a product that can be best explained in a video, Facebook is one of the best places to post it. If you don’t know how to post a video on Facebook, this article is for you.
Facebook Video Upload Requirements
First, it is important to understand Facebook’s video requirements.
- Facebook supports almost all types of video files but recommends using the MP4 format
- You can upload videos up to 10 GB. However, it may take longer to upload larger files on slower Internet connections
- Videos should not exceed 240 minutes in length
How to Post a Video on Facebook
Facebook is the world’s largest social media platform, but it can be difficult to post videos on their timeline. If you want to share your favorite video or any other video or media on Facebook, here are the steps to follow.
You can either use the Facebook mobile app to upload your video or upload it via the website. Either way, the result is the same – you get to share your video with the world.
The steps below explain how to post a video on Facebook with a mobile phone. The first thing to do is to log in to your Facebook profile or page.
- Click on the photo/video icon beside the “what’s on your mind” box
- It will open your recent pictures
- Select the video you wish to upload
- You can select multiple videos
- You could also record a video by tapping the camera icon
- Once you’ve selected your video(s), select your audience
- The audience selection determines who can view the video
- You can add extra information about the video in the text box
- Tap “post” to upload the video
Facebook Video Tips for Businesses
As a business, you’re competing with others for a share of the market on Facebook. Therefore, you should ensure that your videos on Facebook get views. These tips could help:
- Use the videos to spark conversations
- Make sure your videos are not too long
- Choose a clickable thumbnail
- Use trends to your advantage
According to facebook, videos now account for almost half of all time spent on facebook. Incorporating videos into your marketing strategy is as easy as uploading a single video on facebook and sparking conversations about your brand.
Frequently asked questions
- Dropbox. It’s a basic file storage service in the cloud.
- Google Drive & 3. One Drive.
- We-Transfer. We-Transfer functions in a similar way to an email service for large (2GB) files.
You’re looking for this little arrow at the bottom of the text box where you type what you want to say about the link. You will get an option selection box following that arrow. From here, you can choose “Include Original Post”.
How do you repost on Facebook without losing likes and comments?
If you use the “Share” feature on a friend’s post, you will basically be making a new post without the likes and comments. It is best to keep friends’ feeds by liking or commenting on a post.
- Tap the three dots in the upper right corner of the post you want to share.
- “Edit Privacy” is on the pop-up menu.
- Tap the checkbox next to “Public” in the “Privacy” menu, and then tap “Done” in upper right corner.
Where can I upload fast?
- Google Drive. In our study, Google Drive provided the fastest upload speeds.
- Dropbox. Google Drive has very fast upload speeds, but Dropbox does not have any.
How long does Facebook video processing take?
Uploading just can take minutes (with 3-10MB videos, over 50% take over 10 seconds, and with larger videos we are easily into minutes or even tens of minutes). The length of encoding is also non-trivial (measured in minutes, again).
How can I upload faster?
- Weaken your device. An Ethernet cable will instantly improve transfer speeds when you connect your device to your network source.
- Reducing the number of devices connected to the internet.
- Don’t switch tabs
- Send via a local disk.
- Send smaller files
If your Facebook settings are set to high privacy settings, your family and friends won’t be able to share that content; they can only read it. In addition to privacy sharing options, Facebook sets them up when the post-originator publishes the post.
How can I upload a video to Facebook faster?
- Stay on Facebook for the video uploads.
- Don’t use other Internet-based programs such as email providers or instant messengers.
- Using high-speed Internet connections, you can upload videos.
How do I repost a video on Facebook without uploading it?
Why does Facebook take so long to post videos?
Slow internet connection will greatly affect Facebook video upload speed. If so, you may need to upgrade your Internet service or switch ISPs. Some internet service providers may limit the amount of video streaming, which will greatly slow the upload speeds.
How long does it take for a video to upload?
There can be an upload time from a few minutes to several hours. Whether your upload seems stuck or is taking a long time, it may be due to: File type and video format changes. Encoding your videos in one of these formats should make your uploads faster.
Users who ask people to copy and paste but not share are doing so in an effort to make sure privacy settings are not preventing an advertisement from spreading. Copy and paste is the safest method of getting information to an ideal audience.