Hiding posts is a standard action on Facebook — but a reversible one. You may have hidden old photos of yourself you found embarrassing but now want to retrieve them. With a few clicks, you can do this. This article is a complete guide on how to see hidden posts on Facebook whether you’re using a mobile app or your desktop browser.
The steps of viewing hidden posts are relatively simple. But it helps to have guidance, especially when you’re completely oblivious of how you can unhide your content. Let’s see how you can view hidden posts in this brief yet comprehensive guide.
Why You May Want to Unhide a Post on Facebook
Facebook gives its users total control over the content on their timeline. So you can hide and unhide your content or make them public or private when necessary. Sometimes, you may need to view a post you’ve hidden from your timeline. It could be that you initially hid it but had second thoughts and now want to retrieve it.
Perhaps a Facebook friend posted something offensive or awkward on your timeline, and you quickly removed it at first sight. But on reconsidering, you realize it wasn’t so harmful and want to unhide it.
Alternately, you may have hidden a post to put a challenging memory behind you. And as time passes, you feel the need to reflect on these memories and want to bring them back to your timeline.
Whatever the situation, Facebook allows you to unhide your posts following easy steps.
How to See Hidden Posts on Facebook Using Desktop
Follow these easy steps to see and unhide your hidden posts using your desktop browser.
- Log in to Facebook on your desktop browser.
- Click on the Facebook menu shaped like an upside-down triangle (▼). You’ll find it in the top right corner of your Facebook account.
- Scroll down and Click on Activity Log near the bottom of the menu.
- Scan the filters along the left side of the page and click on “Posts You’ve Hidden.” You’ll see a list of all your hidden Facebook posts.
- Once you’ve located the content you want to unhide, click on the circle right of the post. You’ll see a list of options. Select “Show on Timeline” to unhide the post.
- Return to your Facebook profile and refresh. You’ll see the post you’ve unhidden.
How to View Hidden Posts Using a Mobile Device
You can view and unhide your Facebook post using a mobile device. Follow these steps to do this.
- Open the Facebook App on your mobile device and sign in.
- Tap on your profile icon in the top left corner of your Facebook account. It’ll take you to your profile.
- Click on the three dots below your profile name in the top right corner.
- Tap on Activity Log from the list.
- Under “Your Posts,” click on “Manage Your Posts.”
- Tap “Filter” near the top left of the screen and select “Categories.”
- Select “Posts You’ve Hidden.” A list of your hidden Facebook posts will be displayed in reverse chronological order.
- Tap the dots in the top right corner of the post you want to unhide and select “Show on Timeline.” Do this for all the posts you want to unhide.
- Tap the back arrow to navigate back to your profile. Refresh your profile and see changes.
How to View the Hidden Posts of Your Friends Using a Mobile App
- Open the Facebook app and log in.
- Tap on the search box at the top of the page.
- Type in “Posts from [friend’s name]” and click the search icon.
- The search result will be posts made by your friend, including those hidden from their timeline.
How to View the Hidden Posts of Your Friends Using Desktop
- Open the Facebook app and log in.
- Click on the search box at the top of the page.
- Type in “Posts from [friend’s name]” and hit the enter key on your Keyboard.
- The page will load all your friend’s posts, including those hidden from their timeline.
To Wrap Up
Facebook’s option for hiding posts is excellent as you may want to retrieve such posts in the future. So, if you’re not sure if you want to delete a post permanently, use the “Hide” option to remove it from your timeline. If you ever need to view or unhide such posts, you can do so by following a few easy steps. This guide highlights the steps to viewing and retrieving your hidden Facebook posts!
Explore All Facebook Marketing Articles
Changing your Facebook password is an excellent way to increase the security of your account. Especially if you’ve used the…
You know you can upload both still and moving images to Facebook. Facebook unveiled a new feature that will enable…
Everyone wants to increase the number of people visiting social media pages. Stories enable your friends or followers to get…
There are different methods to search Facebook by image and find someone’s profile on social media. You may have a…
When you no longer need a specific ad or campaign on Facebook, it’s best to delete them from your ad…