Have you ever wondered how to share a post on Facebook, or are you having problems making your posts shareable? This article is for you.
Social media’s ability to instantly and publicly broadcast one’s ideas and feelings is a significant selling point. As one of the most widely used social media platforms, Facebook simplifies the process of sharing with others.
Using Facebook’s share feature, users can broadcast their thoughts and feelings to a large community of readers with just one click. Here’s all you need to know about sharing a post on Facebook.
If you want people to share something you publish on your Facebook wall, you should make the post shareable. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to Facebook’s “What’s on your mind?” section on your Home page.
- The Facebook profile name drop-down menu can be accessed by clicking on the name.
- Choose the Public option to make your post visible to everyone, both on and off Facebook.
- Click on post to publish the update to your wall. This allows the post to be shared with others.
If you make it public and then change your mind, you may set it to private again from the menu. If you make a shared post private again, all of your original recipients will no longer have access to it. Once the original post is deleted, only the announcement that it was deleted will remain.
Don’t worry if you’ve already posted but haven’t tweaked the privacy settings. Existing posts can have their privacy settings updated indefinitely. Here’s what you need to do to accomplish this:
- Visit your post archive and select the one you want to show out.
- To do this, locate the little symbol next to the date a post was made under your profile name. Click on it.
- It ought to bring up a menu with various security options. Select public to make your update public and sharable. Following your selection, your post will update immediately.
The Facebook mobile app has much in common with the desktop site, including the same privacy and log-in options. Modify the following to change the privacy settings for your post on the mobile app:
- Click on What’s on your mind from Facebook’s main screen.
- Tap the lock icon to the right of your user name to access your security options. The options are nearly identical to what one would see on a desktop computer. Choose Public.
- Continue with your message after that.
- For your message to appear on your wall, click the Post button in the top right.
- You can change the post’s privacy settings at any time by tapping the ellipsis menu (three dots) and selecting Edit Privacy.
Then choose Friends or another option that is not open to the general public. Everyone who has shared the post will have their copies of it deleted.
1. For Public Groups
If you’re in a public Facebook group, anything you post there is automatically shared by other members. This happens when the security settings is on “public.”
2. For Private Groups
If you’re in a private Facebook group, you won’t be able to share posts you make outside of the group. Do the following to make a post in your private Facebook Group that others can share:
- Make the post on your newsfeed or timeline and ensure the public can share it.
- Click the Share button in the lower right corner of your post to open the drop-down menu.
- Select Share to Group, then choose the private group you’re a part of.
The private group should see the post. Anyone else who wants to share it can go to the original post and share it from there.
If you want to share posts on a specific Page, you must do the following:
- Click on Pages at the top of the left menu on your Facebook home page.
- Choose the page with the post you want to share from the list.
- Scroll down the wall of the page until you find the post.
- Click “Share” in the bottom right corner of the post to send it to other people.
By default, all posts on a page’s wall have their security level as public, which we can’t change. Anyone who has access to a page can share posts.
To Wrap Up
Sharing a post on Facebook is quick and easy, whether you’re sharing on the website, app, or in a comment on Facebook. Try out the steps mentioned in this article to effortlessly share your posts on Facebook.
Explore All Facebook Marketing Articles
Changing your Facebook password is an excellent way to increase the security of your account. Especially if you’ve used the…
You know you can upload both still and moving images to Facebook. Facebook unveiled a new feature that will enable…
Everyone wants to increase the number of people visiting social media pages. Stories enable your friends or followers to get…
There are different methods to search Facebook by image and find someone’s profile on social media. You may have a…
When you no longer need a specific ad or campaign on Facebook, it’s best to delete them from your ad…