The Facebook comment section is great for getting customer feedback, ideas, and criticism. It also offers clients and prospects the opportunity to interact with your brand. While it’s helpful, the comment section can sometimes be exploited by spammers, trolls, and haters, so it’s essential to learn how to control it. This guide discusses how to turn off comments on Facebook.
If the comment section of your account is spammed with hate speeches, or racist remarks, it may be time to turn off the comments. It’s your responsibility to keep your Facebook account, page, or group clean. Let’s see how you can turn off the comments on your Facebook post.
Why You Need to Turn Off Comments on Facebook
No doubt, the comment section of your post allows you to get feedback from and interact with your followers about the post you made. It becomes even more valuable if you own a Facebook group or page for your business. Customers use the comment section to interact with your brand, sharing feedback about your product or service. These comments can be the motivating factor for others to try out your brand.
However, it is sometimes necessary to control your post’s comment section. Likely scenarios are when arguments break out in your Facebook groups. It can be overwhelming to moderate such, and the best option might be to turn off comments. Other times, you might get spammy messages or hate speeches on your personal Facebook account. The best way to control this might be to shut down the comment section.
How to Turn Off Comments on Facebook – For Personal Profiles
Follow these easy steps to turn off comments on your personal Facebook account.
- Log in to Facebook on your browser or the mobile app.
- Go to the post whose comments you want to turn off.
- Check that your post’s visibility is “Public.” You won’t be able to disable comments if your post visibility is set to “Private” or “Friends.”
- Tap on the dots in the top-right corner of the post.
- Select the ‘Who can comment on this post’ option.
- Select ‘Profiles and Pages you mention’ from the options provided to turn off comments.
- The ‘Profiles and Pages you mention’ option implies that only pages or people you mention can comment on your post.
- You may decide to archive the post instead. This will turn off the post comment and also remove the post from your Facebook feed.
Turning off your post comments doesn’t mean that previous comments will be deleted. They’ll remain visible to anyone viewing your post. You have to delete the comments individually if you want to hide them.
How To Turn Off Comments For Facebook Groups
Facebook lets you disable comments on Facebook group posts. You have to be the original poster or a group admin to turn off post comments. Here’s how to turn off comments for a Facebook group post.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines in the top-right corner of your Facebook account.
- Click on “Groups” and select ‘Your Groups.’ You’ll see the groups you manage. Choose the group whose post you want to turn off post comments for.
- Hover over the post and click the three-dotted icon in the top right corner of the post. From the options, click on “Turn off Comments.”
Facebook comments can be constructive for your business. But when the majority of the comments on your post are destructive and spammy, it’s best to turn off post comments. Fortunately, the steps for turning off comments highlighted in this article are relatively straightforward.
Explore All Facebook Marketing Articles
Changing your Facebook password is an excellent way to increase the security of your account. Especially if you’ve used the…
You know you can upload both still and moving images to Facebook. Facebook unveiled a new feature that will enable…
Everyone wants to increase the number of people visiting social media pages. Stories enable your friends or followers to get…
There are different methods to search Facebook by image and find someone’s profile on social media. You may have a…
When you no longer need a specific ad or campaign on Facebook, it’s best to delete them from your ad…