Get Creative With INK's YouTube Description Intro Generator
INK's YouTube Description Intro Generator
Writing a YouTube description to provide viewers with descriptive text about your video can be tedious. Luckily, INK's YouTube Description Intro Generator can help ease the process.
Main YouTube Description Generator Takeaways:
- YouTube video descriptions sit under each piece of content you create
- YouTube descriptions are a type of metadata
- Search engines use YouTube descriptions to classify and rank content
- Use keywords in your YouTube description to improve your video or channel ranking
- Write clearly and concisely, and include links to help viewers navigate
- Include an attribution if you use copyrighted content
- Use INK's YouTube Description Intro Generator to create unique AI-based video and channel descriptions instantly
First impressions are vital — especially on YouTube. That's why you need compelling video and channel descriptions to stand out from the crowd.
Unfortunately, writing YouTube description text is not as easy as it sounds.
That's because companies that invest heavily in video marketing usually have to write several descriptions weekly. Since it's a repetitive task, they often end up writing uninspiring YouTube video descriptions.
Trust us — you don't want to launch your video marketing campaign that way.
The good news is a YouTube description generator can make the process more convenient than ever. You can use INK's YouTube Description Intro Generator to write engaging descriptions.
Before we explore how this web-based tool works, let's delve into a quick introduction.
What is a YouTube Description?
What is a YouTube Description?
YouTube descriptions represent a central part of YouTube-based video marketing. Two types of YouTube descriptions exist — YouTube channel descriptions and YouTube video descriptions. The former tells your viewers about your brand and mission. Meanwhile, the latter is a type of metadata that tells viewers more about the content they're watching.
But why are YouTube descriptions vital?
Well-written YouTube descriptions can strengthen your online presence and increase subscriptions to your channel. They can also encourage viewers to take the following actions:
- Watch videos all the way through, to the end
- Spend more time scrolling through your stream
- Share your content on social media
There are also the SEO benefits that come with using video descriptions.
Well-crafted channel and video descriptions can boost your video and channel's search ranking within YouTube. Besides, they also increase the chance of your video appearing more frequently in Google results.
So, how can you write brand-boosting YouTube descriptions?
What Should I Write in a YouTube Description?
*What Should I Write in a YouTube Description? *
If you feel stuck, consider using a YouTube description generator such as INK's YouTube Description Generator. Keep in mind that solid branding develops from understanding how the elements work. This means using relevant keywords, staying on topic, and writing a compelling hook.
So, let's discuss what goes into an exceptional YouTube description.
1. Use Keywords
With roughly 3 billion searches per month, YouTube is the second largest search engine behind Google. So, it only makes sense to optimize your video description to boost organic visibility.
It's best to carefully choose your keywords and make sure they're relevant to the video. Also, consider using them sparingly in your YouTube description to increase ranking potential.
2. Stay on Topic
It's vital to keep your videos on the topic. That's because misrepresenting your video using sensational terms can cause viewers to stop halfway.
Besides hurting your search ranking on YouTube and Google, misleading titles can also ruin your brand's reputation.
Consider telling viewers exactly what your video or channel is all about — and be honest. Also, it's best to avoid using clickbait in your YouTube video description.
3. Go with the Flow
We recommend writing your YouTube video description in a conversational tone that's easy to understand.
Writing in clear language that's easy to understand begins with using simple words in your text. Among other things, you may also want to shorten your sentences and drop the jargon.
Luckily, you don't have to be a wordsmith to write an excellent description. Tons of online resources such as YouTube video description generators can help you create text that's easy to read.
4. Create a Compelling Hook
Put the vital information at the beginning of your description to attract readers. This means mentioning your keywords and related keywords at the start also.
Why is a compelling hook essential?
For one, a keyword-relevant hook reels viewers in, getting them interested in what you're saying. Besides, search engines and YouTube algorithms place more weight on the beginning of your description.
5. Promote Your Brand
Add social media links, more information about your company, and a mission statement quote below the fold.
If a viewer clicks the "Show More" option in your YouTube description text, chances are they already love your content. You could take advantage of this opportunity to promote your brand.
Some ways to do that include providing relevant product links as well as social media handles. You may also want to write metadata for SEO.
6. Include a CTA
Add a call-to-action to your YouTube description text to boost engagement and subscriptions.
As in other writing, CTAs in video descriptions are clear and urgent. More importantly, call-to-actions can highlight a product or service's obvious benefit to viewers.
Consider using your CTA to invite viewers to your website. Another option is to ask them to subscribe to your channel or sign up for your newsletter.
7. Use a YouTube Description Generator to Write Unique Content
Never boilerplate YouTube video descriptions. Instead, create unique content for each video or channel to keep readers interested.
The good news is a YouTube Description Generator can help create engaging descriptions for your video. What's more, INK's YouTube Description Intro Generator can generate content within seconds.
We'll explore how a YouTube video description generator works later. For now, let's address some essential questions.
Should I Use Tags in a YouTube Description?
The answer is no! Tags help viewers find content — especially when searchers misspell keywords. As a result, they don't belong in your video description. Instead, insert them into your video metadata with YouTube Studio.
Wondering how to choose tags? For best results, follow these rules:
- Use your primary keyword as the first tag
- Perform keyword research, and use your results to create a few other relevant tags
- Check out high-ranking competitor content, and add the common tags your rivals use for your video
What Should I Put in My YouTube Description Text to Avoid Copyright Issues?
Copyright issues are a real problem on YouTube. The terms "fair use" and "royalty free" are thrown around a lot. But what do they mean, and how can you avoid copyright strikes if your material isn't original?
The following tips can help you keep copyright issues at bay:
- Attribution: Always provide attribution for copyrighted work. Cite the source in your video description and, if applicable, provide a link.
- Modification: Modify copyrighted content to make it your own. Transform art with additional color or add original sound to video content.
- Brevity: In addition to providing attribution, keep copyright-protected clips short.
How To Use YouTube Analytics to Optimize Video Descriptions
How To Use YouTube Analytics to Optimize Video Descriptions
YouTube analytics can help you optimize your video or channel description. If you're in growth hacking mode, you can use YouTube analytics to conduct A/B testing or track raw data.
Here's how to use YouTube analytics to create a better channel and video descriptions:
- Log into your YouTube account, and click on your profile icon.
- Select YouTube Studio from the dropdown list.
- Choose the Analytics option from the middle of the left-hand side menu.
- Click the blue Advanced Mode text on the top right.
- Review trends associated with your channel and with your videos.
Consider the following as you create your YoutTube strategy. Do the descriptions on your most popular videos differ from those attached to less popular videos? If so, how? Can you incorporate successful descriptive elements and standardize your descriptions across the board?
Finally, track trends to see how your changes affect channel traffic, engagement, and watch time in the long run.
Should I Add Links to YouTube Descriptions?
So, you know how to write a compelling hook, and as far as tags and other metadata go — you got this! Are there other things you can include to make your video or channel description better? Absolutely: links.
Common link types include:
- Subscribe links: Insert your channel ID into the following link to create a custom subscribe link: http://www.youtube.com/channel/\[INSERT CHANNEL ID HERE]sub_confirmation=1
- Timestamp links: Timestamp links are useful because they skip to particular points in your video. You can create them by adding "&t=" and your chosen time in "XmXXs" format to the end of your video URL. For instance, a one-minute timestamp link suffix looks like this: &t=1m00s
- Social media links: Connect viewers with your social media accounts via social media links. It's straightforward — copy your social media link and paste it into your YouTube description text.
Using a YouTube Video Description Generator
Most marketing executives, SMB owners, and entrepreneurs are busy people. If you don't have much time to devote to content creation, you could incorporate a YouTube description generator into your workflow.
Here's how to use INK's YouTube Description Intro Generator.
- On the INK Site, select the Free Tools option.
- Scroll to the Grow Tools section and click on Description Intro.
- Provide your video title or a brief account of its content.
- Click Create to generate your YouTube video description.
INK's YouTube Description Intro Generator is an AI-driven web-based tool. That means you can use it to create unique content within seconds!